Special Ops Paintball: Looking to get a new mask: What should I get? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking to get a new mask: What should I get? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CDNBACON 

• Christian Woodsballer
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CDNBACON

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:45 PM

I've been having quite a few fogging problems with my current mask, the Spectra nForcer. I know I need to get a new mask, but the question is this: What should I get?
I want something that ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT fog on me. I also need it to be comfortable, and lots of protection. I've been looking at the Eye Tactical mask, I would love to get it, but it seems it would get REALLY hot during the summer time. I like the idea of full head and neck protection, however. Does anyone have experience with the Eye Tactical?
I've also looked at the V-Force profiler mask, but, being the kid I am, I decided there wasn't enough protection. I might be wrong, however. Again, does anyone want to give me some input on the Profiler?

Thanks;
Matt

#2 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:49 PM

JT Proflex is what I use and they never fog. Best mask hands down.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#3 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:35 PM

proto line. very good mask. great protection. light. comfortable. cheap. will not fog
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#4 User is offline   SilentMarksman 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SilentMarksman

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:37 PM

Proflex.

aggsauce, never fogs, and the soft parts keep you in the game longer with more bounces.

This post has been edited by SilentMarksman: 26 December 2007 - 05:38 PM

:)

#5 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:50 PM

The Proflex, Flex 7, or Spectra (same thing with different variations of flexible/hard surfaces) with a thermal lens are long known for not fogging. The key to not fogging is getting something specifically labeled with a "thermal lens". In the rare case fogging is still a problem you can add in electronic fans to clear everything out.

All of JT's Spectra line of masks comes with a nice soft padding around the face. The hard shelled ear pieces also come with their own padding. They cover the entire face and sides. The lower portion reaches about an inch below the jaw line. As is the case with most masks, you will still need something to cover your neck be it a flipped up collar or a neck protector. You can get something with a hard top, but in most cases a padded baseball cap or head wrap works well enough.

Profilers, unlike JT's masks bend inward towards you face around the jawline rather than outward. The advantage of that is they block shots that try to sneak in form underneath. The disadvantage is that they don't offer the same range of free movement and offer less general protection. While Profilers generally don't have problems fogging, they still do not have a thermal lens and may start to fog under extreme conditions - especially after some use when the anti-fog coating begins the wear thin. The Eye-Tactical uses the same type of lens. While the tactical pretty much assures you feel nothing with a head shot, the downside is that it will get HOT during the summer. Very hot, and less comfortable the more you sweat in it.

This post has been edited by Piller: 26 December 2007 - 05:51 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#6 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:00 PM

I own both the Proflex and Profilers, and I find myself wearing Proflex about 90% of the time.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#7 User is offline   SNIPADUDE99 

• Stealin a pcinic baskets
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SNIPADUDE99

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:03 PM

Flex's rule. I also have a grill. All good. I just like my flex because it's worth 200 bucks. He he he, JT maks junkie here.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#8 User is offline   CDNBACON 

• Christian Woodsballer
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CDNBACON

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for the replies. I put some research into the Proflex. They seem like great masks, I will definitely keep them in mind. I'm just afraid of those annoying ear shots, the 'Flex seems to have little protection in the ear. Another mask I came across was the Proto Switch. They seem comfortable, lots of protection, and fog resistant.

This post has been edited by CDNBACON: 26 December 2007 - 06:18 PM

#9 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:53 PM

i love my grill, it never fogs, and it's really bouncy.

little expensive though.

<Insert Sig Here>

#10 User is offline   t_boneshacone 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:t-bone

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:56 PM

flex is the only way to go, idk why everyone worries about ear shots, i mean how often do you hear of people getting shot in the ear, like never ok. i have never been shot in or near the ear, and the mask has plenty of ear coverage anyway
Thats like walking into a room and saying 'Chocolate Cake' and then walking out...nobody knows what you mean.
-Tenacious

I bet my gun-whore (nah- not a gun whore yet- more of a gun-skank. or whatever comes before whore... Catholic Schoolgirl? :P) senses will kick in and then I'll end up with something else...
-thisissparta

#11 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:17 PM

I find that shots to the ear with Proflex hurt less than with hard ears. Hard plastic really hurts, foam however, doesn't hurt as much. Now, if you get bunkered from like a few inches away, yes, it'll hurt more than usual. You can fix that though, don't get bunkered.
Team Krisis

#12 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:30 AM

View PostCDNBACON, on Dec 26 2007, 08:18 PM, said:

Thanks for the replies. I put some research into the Proflex. They seem like great masks, I will definitely keep them in mind. I'm just afraid of those annoying ear shots, the 'Flex seems to have little protection in the ear. Another mask I came across was the Proto Switch. They seem comfortable, lots of protection, and fog resistant.

the proto line is the way to go. i swear on that mask. its great looking, fog resistance. hell the cheapest one is fog resistant and i own that. and the better you go, the lighter it is, has dual payne lense, and will never fog
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#13 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:04 AM

if i had seen this thread early, i would have countered all those negative replies towards the profilers
now it would be just silly, just because how late i was lolz

Profilers are excellent masks, it's just the people who don't know how to regulate their breathing properly
my profilers only have the mirror lens, and yet, i'm well capable of outlasting my field of vision over all other brands of masks available
only one instance, it fogged on me, but i was not alone, during the starship troopers game night time play at tactical in which, it became so humid, it crapped out everyone, no one could see
in reality, every mask fogs, hard truth to accept, but under natures design, there's yet to be one mask that will never fog
profilers, while they may offer lil protection around the left and right side of the cheeks, they're very angular and versatile around combat, i'm able to manuever right up there with the e-vents
profilers offer the widest range of vision, sleek, sexy, and just outright grade A Awesome

Profilers FTW

p.s E-vents are also the awesome

go with either of those

oh yeah, and shots to the ear when wearing a profiler
i've been hit there plenty of times in speedball, never even noticed nor felt it
it actually felt more like something skimmed past me, unless if they shot me from exsactly off my right or left
even then, not once did i ever yelp nor feel pain

This post has been edited by DZ Unit-1: 27 December 2007 - 03:08 AM

Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#14 User is offline   Swamp Thing 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SwampThing666

Posted 27 December 2007 - 06:16 AM

Grill with Photochromatic lens.

No mask will never fog but I love this one I have had a hald dozen others but This is the best for me.

Swamp
Captain Underground Mod Shop Special Operations Guerrillas U.M.S.S.O.G.
SPPL 2nd Place Rookie Division 2008 @ Bearclaw
Executive Officer of the 352nd Panzenjagers OK D Day (2008)
CO of the 709th Artillerie Regiment, OK D Day (2009)

#15 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:///Animal Mother///

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:53 AM

Protos are very good, and I love my old JT Spectra.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users