• You cannot reply to this topic

Tactical Performance Vest Inexpensive entry level vest

#1 User is offline   medic_blue 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:medic_blue

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:57 AM

I have recently purchased a "Deluxe Tactical Performance" vest from "Academy Sports and Outdoors" and had a chance to test it in "the field" if you will and have noticed several strengths and drawbacks to this particular model.
First and foremost it is inexpensive. The purchase price was under $40.00 dollars. The vest is also standard woodland camo, so it will match most BDU type material out there. The designs is fairly straightforward, the front of the vest is secured using a zipper. The plus is that it is easy to put on however, fully loaded and "snugged", it has a tendancy to unzip about a quarter of an inch. I believe this can be fixed with velcro, but I have not tried it yet. The vest has two front pockets large enough to hold four one hundred round tubes, and they secure with velcro. The front pockets are divided so you can easily place necessary items like squeegies, barrel plugs etc. If carrying paint up front isn't your thing. The vest also has a large zippered compartment on the back. You could place a smaller "camel Back" here if you wanted too. When you open the pocket it has some smaller compartments inside that are perfect for your wallet and keys and that's what I primarily use it for. The back of the vest also has a built in pod holder (six plus one type) that requires you to use six 140 round tubes. 100 round tubes will not fit well, and drop out. These are all secured in by velcro. While it is okay, I think that they could have added a longer and wider strip of velcro to the bottom to permit you to use 100 round tubes and take some of the side profile away. It also hangs lower than most pod holders and shorter people may have problems. The pod holder secures in the front with a simple velcro waist band that also needs more velcro if your any smaller than a size 36 waist. If you run a remote, it can be secured easily and I have had no problems with this. Two large strips of heavy duty nylon and velcro hold my HPA tank in place very well. Overall the vest is great if you do not want to spend alot of money. The padding works very well, but does not prevent you from knowing you are hit. The vest also vents well, and is adjustable on the sides. I enjoy this product and would rate it 7 of 10. I think with a little work this would compete with most premade vests out there.
The only easy day was yesterday.

IPB Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users