#1 User is offline   A5Gunner 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:18 PM

Richochet R5 Hopper Review:

Posted Image

Description:
Giving A5 owners another option in hoppers is Ricochet Development. Ricochet’s new R5 hopper combines their well known “deflection engineering” faceted shape with an A5 size feed neck.

Ricochet’s deflection engineered shape is somewhat elongated, presenting mostly slight angles as a target to anyone shooting from directly ahead. This design carries the purpose of increasing the change of a paintball glancing off of its surface, rather than breaking and eliminating the player.

Because all of the Cyclone feed components are on the receiver, the R5 has not electronics or active feed mechanism, and functionally works just the same as the stock hopper. Aside from the shape, the other chief difference is that the R5 holds approximately 210 paintballs as opposed to the stock hopper’s 180.

The Ricochet R5 gives Tippmann A5 owners another choice in hoppers with the opportunity to give their A5 a more unique profile, and carry a bit more paint on the field.

Looks/Feel:
I bought the Richochet R5 for my A5 a while back and I was skeptical about if it would work. I decided to buy it for only $12 and thought it was worth a shot. The hopper looked very nice on my A5 and gave a lot more "intimidating" look, and it held around 30 more paintballs.

Performance: On the field while in game I played around 4 games with the hopper. I was very impressed as Richochet stated it actually does have a deflecting technology. I got shot on the hopper around 4 times, and I would say 4 out of 5 times I got bounces on the hopper keeping me in play.

With the stock hopper I know from playing a lot with it that I would of been out as hopper hits, but with the Ricohchet R5 that was not the case.

Conclusion: The Richochet R5 was well worth the money of only $12, a great upgrade for my A5. It gave me around 30 more paintballs than the stock hopper, making me not reload as often. It gave me an intimidating look that I really liked on my A5, and made it look different compared to other A5's. Also, the deflection system I was really impressed with how I got a lot of bounces.

Other:
Many people have said that the Richochet R5's deflection will work, but will bounce into the person or the mask. When I tested the R5 it didn't happen to me, but it could. My reply to this statement is if you get a deflection and it gets you out at least you have a little bit more of a chance that it will bounce and not hit keeping you in the game. If you get hit on the stock hopper you will pretty much be out anyways, so the R5 I do believe helps.

Richochet R5 Reviews:
http://www.pbreview....s/reviews/3199/

#2 User is offline   millencolinjames 

• look at my cool block things
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:millencolin

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:49 PM

i get out alot because of my stinkin hopper think ill try this
there is no evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck norris allows to live.
" BEES ? Who gets killed be bees?! BOINK that, i would puch every bee in the face!!" - Dane Cook

#3 User is offline   Brownies 

• ^hehe^
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:GHILLIE SNIPER

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:47 PM

i bought one for my a-5 i like everything about it except it really makes it louder
IPB Image
yay! finally a sig that obeys the guidelines

#4 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:21 PM

It's a very good investment. It typically won't deflect it into you if you're right handed, but if you're left handed likely to be eating a bit more paint. It's still better than stock, though.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users