• You cannot reply to this topic

Military Personal Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   FIFTY CAL 

• 1 shot... 1 miss... OH **** RUN
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:FIFTY CAL

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

I've noticed there are quite a few people here that are in the military.

I myself am in the military. I'm interested in seeing who here is in what branch, rank, MOS/rating/etc, and anything else you'd like to share.

Just remember opsec... we don't want any classified or sensitive information on here

I'm in the Army as an 11C (mortarman), i'm stationed in Vilseck, Germany but currently deployed
|Posted Image
I reject your reality and substitute my own

#2 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:30 PM

I'm Army, currently cadet but come May 6th i'll pin on my 2LT bars. I branched MP and will know my first duty post in a few days, but I do know it will be somewhere in Germany, hoping for the 554th MP CO in Stuttgart. I would have it already, but you need a CAC to access My RFO. Cadets don't get CACs, but we still get emails telling us to use resources that require them. WOO.
"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#3 User is offline   FIFTY CAL 

• 1 shot... 1 miss... OH **** RUN
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:FIFTY CAL

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:12 AM

hahaha... thats the army for you man...

Germany is a lot of fun... but theres a lot of things that are convienent(sp?) in the states that you dont get in germany

What school do you go to?
|Posted Image
I reject your reality and substitute my own

#4 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:00 AM

Indiana State. I spent a month last summer with the MP CO in Stuttgart doing an internship. That experience bumped Germany to the top of my list.
"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#5 User is offline   Dragon76 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dragon76

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

i'm not but my brother is a sapper, stationed at CFB Edmonton right now,

#6 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:35 AM

USAF A1C, going through NAVSCOLEOD.. Still have another 4 or so months left (hopefully).
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:57 PM

USN here, Stationed in Florida for more ridiculously long school.

CTTSN Skalski.
Corry Station
Been in a year so far.
Making CTT3 in August (I think august lol)

#8 User is offline   Incognito 

• Using Less Than 100 Paintballs A Day
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:03 AM

PFC in the Army. 11B. Stationed at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii, but currently finishing up a deployment.
~Christian Paintballer~CPPA Member #3565~Stock Class Paintballer~Automaggot~My Feedback
Posted Image
The Family: VSC Phantom, PGP, Classic Automag, Autococker, Pumpcocker
U.S. Army Infantry: Because Someone Needs to Take Out the Trash

#9 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

Do veterans count?

US Navy 2003-2007
USS Carr (FFG-52)
Destroyer Squadron 2
Naval Station Norfolk

Hull Maintenance Technician Petty Officer Third Class (HT3)
Helicopter Crash Salvage Team (Crash n' Smash)
Rescue and Assistance Team
Vessel Boarding Search and Seizure Squad (VBSS)

Deployed: West Africa
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:01 PM

I volunteer with Civil Air Patrol. We're not military (we do have some wannabes), but I know quite a few vets and servicemen because of it.

All I have to say is.... Thanks.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#11 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

What's civil air patroll?

On balhalf of everyone, I'd like to say Thank you sir! I've got alot of taxpayer funded toys thanks to you. Oh yeah and for volunteering haha!

BTW: dope sig!
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:55 PM

View PostShipwreck!, on 02 May 2011 - 10:48 PM, said:

What's civil air patroll?

On balhalf of everyone, I'd like to say Thank you sir! I've got alot of taxpayer funded toys thanks to you. Oh yeah and for volunteering haha!

BTW: dope sig!

CAP is like JROTC/NJROTC etc I think, my cousin was in it for a few years.

Ship, how did you like the being on the VBSS team? Any stories or tips? I am trying to go destroyer or cruiser and when I get to my perm. duty station I want to go for VBSS team.

Well, how did you like norfolk as well? Thats where I want (everyone laughs at "wanting" there lol) to go. I would rather see europe than asia, I like the East coast as well.

I have been at a training command for almost a year so far.. and at least half a year to 3/4 more. (Crypto school is long... :\)

#13 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:52 PM

View Postshadow_772, on 04 May 2011 - 09:55 PM, said:

Ship, how did you like the being on the VBSS team? Any stories or tips? I am trying to go destroyer or cruiser and when I get to my perm. duty station I want to go for VBSS team.

Well, how did you like norfolk as well? Thats where I want (everyone laughs at "wanting" there lol) to go. I would rather see europe than asia, I like the East coast as well.

I have been at a training command for almost a year so far.. and at least half a year to 3/4 more. (Crypto school is long... :\)

Oh cool, what's the Air component?

It was awesome! Easily my favorite part of being in the Navy. Oh man I could tell you a thing or two about VBSS. Not too much due to opsec but, a thing or two...

Oh man I remember filling out my dream sheet! I requested Coastal Patrol and Destroyer as a backup, west coast. Got Frigate east coast haha! Seemed like everyone in my graduating class got the opposite of what they asked for. Big ship west coast guys got small ship east coast and vice versa vice versa. I was lucky in that I at least got a tin can like I asked for even though it was on the wrong coast.

But I wish you good luck with your final orders! If you don't get what you want there are contingencies to "cross deck" later on...

Oh no, volunteering for VBSS AND REQUESTING Norfolk VA? CLearly you are as crazy as they tell you :P Norfolk I didn't really like at all. However the next town over Virginia Beach was pretty cool. Doesn't really matter, you can have alot of fun wherever you wind up. It's all about what you're doing. Can't say I didn't miss the palm trees though...

Wow! And I thought I had it bad with 6mos ht school! Never had any cryptos on my boat...

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 04 May 2011 - 11:01 PM

A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

View PostShipwreck!, on 04 May 2011 - 11:52 PM, said:

View Postshadow_772, on 04 May 2011 - 09:55 PM, said:

Oh cool, what's the Air component?

It was awesome! Easily my favorite part of being in the Navy. Oh man I could tell you a thing or two about VBSS. Not too much due to opsec but, a thing or two...

Oh man I remember filling out my dream sheet! I requested Coastal Patrol and Destroyer as a backup, west coast. Got Frigate east coast haha! Seemed like everyone in my graduating class got the opposite of what they asked for. Big ship west coast guys got small ship east coast and vice versa vice versa. I was lucky in that I at least got a tin can like I asked for even though it was on the wrong coast.

But I wish you good luck with your final orders! If you don't get what you want there are contingencies to "cross deck" later on...

Oh no, volunteering for VBSS AND REQUESTING Norfolk VA? CLearly you are as crazy as they tell you :P Norfolk I didn't really like at all. However the next town over Virginia Beach was pretty cool. Doesn't really matter, you can have alot of fun wherever you wind up. It's all about what you're doing. Can't say I didn't miss the palm trees though...

Wow! And I thought I had it bad with 6mos ht school! Never had any cryptos on my boat...

You had EW's on board I bet. They got merged (EW is basically my job) with CTT's to give us a decent sea/shore rotation.
I won't miss the palm tree's. Can't stand florida, can't wait to get more northern haha.
I am probably going to put Destroyer/Cruiser/Frigate in that order on my dream sheet. Really don't want a carrier haha.

Was VBSS training difficult? I am not worried about difficulty and can't wait for the challenge.

#15 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

View Postshadow_772, on 05 May 2011 - 05:04 PM, said:

You had EW's on board I bet. They got merged (EW is basically my job) with CTT's to give us a decent sea/shore rotation.
I won't miss the palm tree's. Can't stand florida, can't wait to get more northern haha.
I am probably going to put Destroyer/Cruiser/Frigate in that order on my dream sheet. Really don't want a carrier haha.

Was VBSS training difficult? I am not worried about difficulty and can't wait for the challenge.

I never really payed much attention to those topsider rates, I was a little too buys down on the engineering levels making sure that multi-million dollar rust bucket didn't spontaneously burst into flames and sink to Davey Jones' locker...

But I do distinctly recall that there were several E-something-or-other rates on board, and they were getting merged. Also admin rates were merging too, engineers pretty much stayed the same. I think they knew we'd all murder eachother if they stuck us in the same division haha!

Yeah, neither did I, no VBSS for one thing.

It was difficult and fun at different times but always at an intense level in either direction. For example, the first thing they did in hand to hand combat training was line the whole team up in one rank, then knock us all out one at a time. Had to stand at attention perfect military bearing thousand yard stare and just watch out the corner of your eye as your buddys all got knocked the f@#$ out one at a time, until they got to you. Pretty intense experience if you've never been knocked out before. OC qual was "fun" as you can imagine...

eh, more later, gotta go to class...
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users