Special Ops Paintball: The OK D-Day AAR Thread - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The OK D-Day AAR Thread Post up your thoughts, concerns, compliments, etc. Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   Chekotai86 

  • Shadows of War Scenario Paintball Productions Founder
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 275
  • Joined: 23-March 06
  • Location:St. Louis, Missouri
  • Brigade Name:CHEKOTAI

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:34 PM

You guys make me laugh, and are rather idiotic if you are blaming the 1st ID for anything. Blame the Allied Command for not focusing more troops and recruiting efforts to the 1st. Without Omaha, it is nearly impossible for the Allies to win D-Day. There are just too many points tied up in it. And for two years in a row they have been woefully understrength. The 352nd was full this year. The 1st ID was barely above half. That means that the 1st ID wasn't just fighting against entrenched defenders but almost 1:1 odds, if not even being outnumbered themselves. The fact that they did ANYTHING on that beach shows that they are more hard core than 95% of the players on the field. And the number resting in the DZ... those are the smart ones... people can get wasted on that damned hill.
And Shepherds we shall be. For Thee, my Lord for Thee, Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filli, et Spiritu Sancti.

Shadows of War Paintball Scenario Productions
0

#47 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

  • Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,237
  • Joined: 10-May 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Whitehorse, Yukon
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:43 PM

Yeah, don't go after the IDs. The 1st, 3rd and 4th are always under-strength, but have the most points to attack. The 6th, 101st and 82nd make up about a third of the Allied army, and have about 350 points available to them and only them (Breacourt Guns, Pegasus Bridge, Caen). The 3rd ID have 200 alone, and the other two have about 600 each IIRC. Point-for-man, the IDs have the hardest fights in the game, and I personally think it's absolutely ludicrous that Allied Command is keeping the 101st and 82nd down in South wasting a third of the Allied army on something that the 6th and the Pathfinders could wrap up pretty easily while the huge point sinks at the beaches sit all day long.

I mean, the Germans get...what, 300 guys tops in South? (716th, the unit at Pegasus, the 6th Falls, the MEK and the GJs) What the hell are they thinking, sinking, generally, in assorted places, 600 guys? It's just silly.
0

#48 User is offline   Tim Burton 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 192
  • Joined: 01-July 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ - USA

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:28 PM

View PostChekotai86, on Jun 18 2009, 10:34 PM, said:

You guys make me laugh, and are rather idiotic if you are blaming the 1st ID for anything. Blame the Allied Command for not focusing more troops and recruiting efforts to the 1st. Without Omaha, it is nearly impossible for the Allies to win D-Day. There are just too many points tied up in it. And for two years in a row they have been woefully understrength. The 352nd was full this year. The 1st ID was barely above half. That means that the 1st ID wasn't just fighting against entrenched defenders but almost 1:1 odds, if not even being outnumbered themselves. The fact that they did ANYTHING on that beach shows that they are more hard core than 95% of the players on the field. And the number resting in the DZ... those are the smart ones... people can get wasted on that damned hill.


On the beaches, you get to go right back in or do you have to wait 30 minutes?
0

#49 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

  • If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 938
  • Joined: 13-April 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fayetteville, NC
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:08 AM

View PostTim Burton, on Jun 18 2009, 11:28 PM, said:

View PostChekotai86, on Jun 18 2009, 10:34 PM, said:

You guys make me laugh, and are rather idiotic if you are blaming the 1st ID for anything. Blame the Allied Command for not focusing more troops and recruiting efforts to the 1st. Without Omaha, it is nearly impossible for the Allies to win D-Day. There are just too many points tied up in it. And for two years in a row they have been woefully understrength. The 352nd was full this year. The 1st ID was barely above half. That means that the 1st ID wasn't just fighting against entrenched defenders but almost 1:1 odds, if not even being outnumbered themselves. The fact that they did ANYTHING on that beach shows that they are more hard core than 95% of the players on the field. And the number resting in the DZ... those are the smart ones... people can get wasted on that damned hill.


On the beaches, you get to go right back in or do you have to wait 30 minutes?


assuming they work like sword, you can re-insert every 10 minutes.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/
0

#50 User is offline   Ekima 

  • :Grin: I like it when you run!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 353
  • Joined: 25-April 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:M.O.P.'s house lol
  • Brigade Name:EKIMA

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:57 AM

Well I would like to say thanks to the allies for making my first year at D-Day absolutly AWESOME! I would like to know though... was it the 82nd airborn that was stationed around coleville towards the pegasus bridge side? I snuck around with some guys and hit there flank and took out a guy with a flag on his back... instead of being mad this guy was a good sport and came over and congradulated me on the manuver.... seems like a guys I'd like to get to know... so if you know anything about that please contact me...



Ekima

0

#51 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

  • My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 04-December 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abilene, KS

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:58 PM

At Utah last year they reinserted when they thought they were needed, there wasn't really a set time limit.

View PostEkima, on Jun 20 2009, 11:57 AM, said:

Well I would like to say thanks to the allies for making my first year at D-Day absolutly AWESOME! I would like to know though... was it the 82nd airborn that was stationed around coleville towards the pegasus bridge side? I snuck around with some guys and hit there flank and took out a guy with a flag on his back... instead of being mad this guy was a good sport and came over and congradulated me on the manuver.... seems like a guys I'd like to get to know... so if you know anything about that please contact me...



Ekima

How's Total Panic doing? :dry:
0

#52 User is offline   ike123 

  • Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 349
  • Joined: 23-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nutty Northside, CA
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:45 PM

View PostEkima, on Jun 20 2009, 08:57 AM, said:

Well I would like to say thanks to the allies for making my first year at D-Day absolutly AWESOME! I would like to know though... was it the 82nd airborn that was stationed around coleville towards the pegasus bridge side? I snuck around with some guys and hit there flank and took out a guy with a flag on his back... instead of being mad this guy was a good sport and came over and congradulated me on the manuver.... seems like a guys I'd like to get to know... so if you know anything about that please contact me...



Ekima

That coulda been 101st, 82nd, or Commonwealth. What color shirt was he wearing?
Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.
0

#53 User is offline   ike123 

  • Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 349
  • Joined: 23-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nutty Northside, CA
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:50 PM

View PostTim Burton, on Jun 18 2009, 05:06 PM, said:

Ah thanks. I looked on the forum and didn't see much about it.

Best I saw was:

http://www.ddayadventurepark.com/forums/sh...read.php?t=1046

Is Dwayne a jerk or something? It seems that I've heard people imply that. The video on Youtube seemed to make him like a easy going guy.

I'm kinda glad I didn't go to D-Day. I was saving up to get the money, but just couldn't cut it.

That is sad about the paint and poor reffing. I'm in good enough shape to deal with the field, but after my last paintball scenario, I have mixed feelings about paintball. It would probably walk away from paintball if I had another bad experience like I did at the AoW game.

I wrote a post, but decided I was way to angry to post it at the time. I saved it, maybe I'll post it sometime.

I wouldn't say he was a jerk. He's just made a few poor decisions.
Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.
0

#54 User is offline   Ekima 

  • :Grin: I like it when you run!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 353
  • Joined: 25-April 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:M.O.P.'s house lol
  • Brigade Name:EKIMA

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:57 PM

View Postike123, on Jun 21 2009, 11:45 PM, said:

View PostEkima, on Jun 20 2009, 08:57 AM, said:

Well I would like to say thanks to the allies for making my first year at D-Day absolutly AWESOME! I would like to know though... was it the 82nd airborn that was stationed around coleville towards the pegasus bridge side? I snuck around with some guys and hit there flank and took out a guy with a flag on his back... instead of being mad this guy was a good sport and came over and congradulated me on the manuver.... seems like a guys I'd like to get to know... so if you know anything about that please contact me...



Ekima

That coulda been 101st, 82nd, or Commonwealth. What color shirt was he wearing?



its wasnt the commonwealth, as far as I remeber he had a regular camo... mebe marpat, someone said later it was probobly the 82, but I wasnt sure.... I think he had a eagle flag sticking out of his back

0

#55 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

  • Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,100
  • Joined: 03-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Enid, OK
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

View Postghost93, on Jun 18 2009, 10:34 PM, said:

Lucky people, I couldn't make it this year. :ghillie:

MDK I have to ask, how did someone steal your whole camp site?

Me and another guy from my camp decided that after Saturday, we wanted showers and soft beds. Partly because my knee was shot to poo, partly because we just freakin' felt like it. So we locked up our tents -- with locks -- and bailed, figuring park security would notice someone with bolt cutters hacking away at our tents.

Anyway when we came back in the morning to clean up, everything was gone.

The good news is, my tent was infested with ticks, and I'd just dropped a bug-bomb in there. So whoever stole it and all my stuff *possibly* got a lethal cocktail of Lyme Disease and CFC's. The other good news is, all the poo I cared about was already safe in my car, so it's not like I'm crying over it.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight
0

#56 User is offline   Tiger 

  • Tiger-Team Wetworkz
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 18
  • Joined: 20-May 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Blue Springs, MO

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on Jun 19 2009, 12:43 AM, said:

Yeah, don't go after the IDs. The 1st, 3rd and 4th are always under-strength, but have the most points to attack. The 6th, 101st and 82nd make up about a third of the Allied army, and have about 350 points available to them and only them (Breacourt Guns, Pegasus Bridge, Caen). The 3rd ID have 200 alone, and the other two have about 600 each IIRC. Point-for-man, the IDs have the hardest fights in the game, and I personally think it's absolutely ludicrous that Allied Command is keeping the 101st and 82nd down in South wasting a third of the Allied army on something that the 6th and the Pathfinders could wrap up pretty easily while the huge point sinks at the beaches sit all day long.

I mean, the Germans get...what, 300 guys tops in South? (716th, the unit at Pegasus, the 6th Falls, the MEK and the GJs) What the hell are they thinking, sinking, generally, in assorted places, 600 guys? It's just silly.


Again, I'm gonna give some slack here because this thread wasn't intended for where it's gone now. That being said, MP, your numbers are wrong. "Allocated total players", and "actual showed up" always tend to be different not to mention that come Saturday most are still lower yet. I can't speak for the 'actual' numbers, as those are not being released yet, not on me to do it. But suffice it to say that I don't think anyone was blaming the 1st ID for not taking Omaha. Even in my post, I was telling him how much help he actually DID have around him. After which he turned it against me, blaming everyone else for not taking it instead. You'd think that being there for the taking of Utah, fighting your way to Omaha, and fighting all around it the rest of the day would be enough. :wacko:

The numbers of 1st ID were closer to full than given credit. It's that crossing 1 single boat at a time, only to get destroyed in turn, that killed off the 1st ID's hopes this year. That needs to be changed back to where it was.

As for keeping too many people in the South, well there's a couple things wrong with that. First, Caen fell yes, but who ended up with the points? Germans. It needs to stay under control when the points count, not 15 minutes into the game. Having enough players there to effectively do that, part of that plan. Second, there are only so many places that the AB can be dropped off and marched back to without being decimated by the weather, distance, and opposition. Therefore, this time the South saw the bulk again. Finally, what you seem to be advocating on here, is the exact thing you posted negatively about elsewhere, the supposed "Airborne Man-hammer" that takes place. The forces can be assembled and run through from South to North easily enough. But at noon, do we all want to go back to camp, or keep playing. Way more goes into the overall planning than most know. If the intent was to just simply mass forces and steam-roll from one end to the other, it could have been done and has. But how many of the German team would have had fun, or more importantly even bothered to come back next year after that? This year's plan, if it went off correctly, would have been more balanced and spread out by design. As seen, it didn't go correctly everywhere and thus we lost.

The entire Allied effort can be to blame if anything. Every unit had other units fighting around and with them, there were no act-alone units that captured everything all alone. Sorry to disappoint those who think otherwise. Therefore, those that 'failed', didn't fail all alone either. In regards to Omaha in particular, the sheer numbers of units at that battle is staggering. Almost every one was represented, or there entirely.
Rangers 1st BN
Kickin' and Takin' BOTH, since 2002

"Alone I am Lethal. As a Team I Dominate."
Éire go Brách
----------------
Tiocfaidh ár lá

2006 SPPL Finals 4th Place
2007 SPPL Finals 6th Place
0

#57 User is offline   JJohnson2007 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 15
  • Joined: 04-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:wisconsin

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:30 PM

View PostEkima, on Jun 22 2009, 02:57 PM, said:

View Postike123, on Jun 21 2009, 11:45 PM, said:

View PostEkima, on Jun 20 2009, 08:57 AM, said:

Well I would like to say thanks to the allies for making my first year at D-Day absolutly AWESOME! I would like to know though... was it the 82nd airborn that was stationed around coleville towards the pegasus bridge side? I snuck around with some guys and hit there flank and took out a guy with a flag on his back... instead of being mad this guy was a good sport and came over and congradulated me on the manuver.... seems like a guys I'd like to get to know... so if you know anything about that please contact me...



Ekima

That coulda been 101st, 82nd, or Commonwealth. What color shirt was he wearing?



its wasnt the commonwealth, as far as I remeber he had a regular camo... mebe marpat, someone said later it was probobly the 82, but I wasnt sure.... I think he had a eagle flag sticking out of his back


If he had a flag with an eagle on it, then that would probably make him 101st Airborne (Screaming Eagles) hence the eagle flag.
Live in eastern Minnesota or western Wisconsin? Come and play some scenarios at Combat Paintball.
-Team Power-
FEEDBACK
Special Ops
PBnation
0

#58 User is offline   Shinobi Sniper 

  • Have Gun, Will Travel
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: 22-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri
  • Brigade Name:Shinobi Sniper

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:53 PM

This was my first D-Day, and I had a blast. Here's my list of good and bad:

Good:

-The sniper course was awesome, Hellhound, Snipes, and the other guy whose name I can't remember did a great job and I had a blast. However, I had a hard time finding where the class met. I walked around asking anyone who worked there and got sent all over the place before I finally noticed the motley collection of ghille clad guys by the stage.

-PTI's single cert airsmithing classes were great, although due to that stupid helicopter and the constant, blaring music, it was hard to hear at times.

-lines for air moved fast, especially for HPA (didn't use CO2, may have been different for them)

-the game itself was some of the most intense paintball I've every played


The Lame:

-Couldn't find sniper paint on the field. The people passing out paint would get this blank look in their eyes and ask "What's that?". This was at the Utah and Airfield DZs, may have been different elsewhere.

-Paint in general sucked. Most of the stuff I had was dimpled at best, oblong at worst. I had a lot of it bounce off me. Not worth what I paid.

-Leadership in my unit sucked, I had no idea where I was supposed to be or what I was supposed to be doing until the GJs showed up and took charge.

-Cheating on both sides. I saw a kid next to me play on after being gogged at Collville. I told him he was hit, and he disagreed, stating that the ball (which was splattered all over his face) had bounced.
Dear anyone who reads this: I'll bite your face off!
0

#59 User is online   The Stuntman 

  • I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Posts: 2,722
  • Joined: 06-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Santa Cruz CA
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

Quote

before I finally noticed the motley collection of ghille clad guys by the stage.

Is it just me, or is this statement hysterically funny & ironic? These guys need to work on their camo skills...
Sorry, couldnt resist. Carry on...
0

#60 User is offline   Shinobi Sniper 

  • Have Gun, Will Travel
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: 22-January 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri
  • Brigade Name:Shinobi Sniper

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:05 PM

Yeah, it doesn't work quite as well off the field.
Dear anyone who reads this: I'll bite your face off!
0

Share this topic:


  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users