Which upgrade for Cyclone? X7
Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:54 AM
This extra one, I'll be letting my brother use it when he comes out and plays. What upgrade should I get for it?
TechT I know has an upgrade, anyone else? Which is the better one? Where should I get it? Any suggestions for best price?
Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:56 AM
Tech T, JCS, and New Designz make cyclone upgrade parts and total kits. I have ND on mine and have zero complaints. A lot of my friends have JCS annd they love theirs. Others like Tech T but I've heard you have to cut a spring and that part I personally don't like.
Here is what you can do to make sure you're not chopping paint when going full-auto.
1) There is a metal finger that sticks inside the cyclone. Take your cyclone off and smooth down those edges with a nail file.
2) At the very least, get the TechT squichies or Wargear's squishie paddles. Cheap and one of the most effective.
3) If you have an egrip then I would recommend updating your cyclone ratchet and push rod with the metal versions from ND or JCS
4) As far as the upgraded push button housing with extra holes...your choice. Some say it works great but I really haven't noticed a difference. It just came in the package.
5) Polish the internals to reduce friction when your bolt moves back and forth.
6) Replace the trigger return spring with one from a clicky pen and you'll be shooting semi even faster and with less fatigue to your finger.
7) You may want to also think about getting a new barrel.
Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:14 AM
I'll look into that.
The gun already has an Apex barrel on it, but I think someday I'd like a Lapco Apex ready barrel. My gun has that and I'm extremely happy with it.
Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:37 PM
Is the only difference the price?
Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:12 PM
The Rap4 upgrade kit is an obvious rip off and I wouldn't but it from them anyway. I think TechT developed some of teh upps that are in their kit, possibly the QEPH. I also think they were the first to come out with the soft paddles.
If you fire the Cyclone enough, even the best parts, if made of aluminum, will wear out. Just keep it lubed with lithium grease (in the ratchet only, the piston seal still uses oil, you can lube it by shooting oil thru the whole gun, ASA style) and it'll last.
Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:03 AM
Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:54 PM
Special Ops Brigade ID - 161556
Tunka.com - Join over 1600 Denver area players for FREE National Forest games.
Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:40 AM
I have the lapco 12" apex ready barrel and love it. I purchased it with the apex tip.
Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:02 PM
Lapco or TechT would be the better ones to go for, but they are more expensive. I'm considering just sticking with the stock parts and keeping some spares on hand. My friends already hate that I'm hitting them with 15bps ... 25bps would probably not be appreciated anyway :-)
Feedback Link : http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...l=theenglishguy