all canadian paintballers baning of paintball Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:11 AM

View Postprincetonbc, on Apr 7 2008, 11:04 PM, said:

Its Canada wide. The ban mainly deals with RAP4 mag feed markers. This is in part due to the fact that they market them as exact replicas which falls under the replica gun laws.

It has been a long time in coming there have been problems with getting some items into Canada from the US for a while.

There is still a lot of confusion over the entire subject and I am not sure if boarder services even know what is and isn't allowed.

Write Stockwell Day about it.

cRAP4 markers also violated the speed laws since they could be easily put up to 500+ FPS with the .43 projectiles, making them classified as *actual* firearms, which would in turn put them into the Prohibited category, since they count as replicas of MP-5s and M16s, which are Prohibited firearms in Canada.

The Tac-8s fall into a kind of grey area. .68 markers have been traditionally left alone, and they don't look *that* much like an actual pistol. I mean, if you knocked over a 7-11 or pointed at a cop with one, then you'd be in trouble, but if it's laying on a table, it's pretty obviously a paintball gun. I doubt they'll be targeted, though. The cRAP4 mag-fed pistols, probably, since they are exact replicas.

#47 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:56 AM

Ok guys, I need some help.....

I'm trying to come up with a letter I can send to any and every MP I can find a listing for. I probably shouldn't be writing it on about 3 hours of sleep but....

I've been an avid paintball player since June 1987. For the last four years I've been involved with a paintball web forum based in Salt Lake City, Utah as a volunteer administrator.

Over the years I've grown accustomed to seeing rumors of paintball being banned in one state or another. Last year was the first I'd heard about that potential here in Canada. I have been trying to confirm if this is true. I began with my local MP and yesterday finally received a letter from Mr. Bartolucci of the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.

He states that paintball "guns" are nationally regulated by the Criminal Code and then goes on to say that Ontario alone is uses the Imitation Firearms Regulation Act, 2000(IFRA), where "some toy guns, air guns, pellet guns and paintball guns are considered imitation firearms" and discussions with other provinces have begun to regulate imitation firearms.

Sir, I, and many other true paintballers, are offended that the term "gun" is used in reference to paintball and that paintball markers are being lumped into an excessively broad category. We do understand the need to improve public safety and we are aware of a couple of manufacturers that design their markers to look like actual firearms. I am hoping I may be able to get a list of paintball markers that are included in the list of "imitation firearms" so that we paintball players can organize and protect our beloved sport.

Paintball is effectively divided in to various sub categories: Speedball, Stock Class, Woodsball and Scenario games. If you would like more information on theses categories I would be happy to supply it to you but at this time I'd like to concentrate on Woodsball and Scenario games as these two categories would be most affected.

Paintball is a game of hide and seek combined with tag. Both Woodsball and Scenario ball are played primarily in a forest area while Scenario can also include urban elements. Both types lend themselves to a bit of fantasy, playing army if you will, like when we were children with our plastic M16's. The difference now is that we are grown up and we can use paintball markers instead.

A company by the name of Real Action Paintball produces markers that are replica/imitation firearms and I agree they would need to be regulated, especially since they are also magazine fed. My concern and that of other paintballers is for comapnies such as Tippmann.

Tippmann produces three lines of markers two of which are loosely based on actual firearms and all three of which have numerous aftermarket add-on parts that allow players to customize the look to suit thier fantasy. I want to know how these proposed regualtions will affect these players. The X7, based on the G36, and the A-5, ased on the MP5, have a large hopper on them that seriously detracts from it's ability to be mistaken as a real firearm. Even with other add-on the hopper marks it as a paintball marker and not an actual gun.

I'm hoping it'll be generic enough that all of us can use/modify it and send it in. Maybe we can get paintball markers taken out of the "imitation fire arms" category and treated separately.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#48 Guest_GroundRunner_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

Wow this would really suck if it happened here in the states. Please god don't let that happen!

#49 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Apr 8 2008, 11:56 AM, said:

I'm trying to come up with a letter I can send to any and every MP I can find a listing for. I probably shouldn't be writing it on about 3 hours of sleep but....

I've been an avid paintball player since June 1987. For the last four years I've been involved with a paintball web forum based in Salt Lake City, Utah as a volunteer administrator.

Over the years I've grown accustomed to seeing rumors of paintball being banned in one state or another. Last year was the first I'd heard about that potential here in Canada. I have been trying to confirm if this is true. I began with my local MP and yesterday finally received a letter from Mr. Bartolucci of the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.

He states that paintball "guns" are nationally regulated by the Criminal Code and then goes on to say that Ontario alone is uses the Imitation Firearms Regulation Act, 2000(IFRA), where "some toy guns, air guns, pellet guns and paintball guns are considered imitation firearms" and discussions with other provinces have begun to regulate imitation firearms.

Sir, I, and many other true paintballers, are offended that the term "gun" is used in reference to paintball and that paintball markers are being lumped into an excessively broad category. We do understand the need to improve public safety and we are aware of a couple of manufacturers that design their markers to look like actual firearms. I am hoping I may be able to get a list of paintball markers that are included in the list of "imitation firearms" so that we paintball players can organize and protect our beloved sport.

Paintball is effectively divided in to various sub categories: Speedball, Stock Class, Woodsball and Scenario games. If you would like more information on theses categories I would be happy to supply it to you but at this time I'd like to concentrate on Woodsball and Scenario games as these two categories would be most affected.

Paintball is a game of hide and seek combined with tag. Both Woodsball and Scenario ball are played primarily in a forest area while Scenario can also include urban elements. Both types lend themselves to a bit of fantasy, playing army if you will, like when we were children with our plastic M16's. The difference now is that we are grown up and we can use paintball markers instead.

A company by the name of Real Action Paintball produces markers that are replica/imitation firearms and I agree they would need to be regulated, especially since they are also magazine fed. My concern and that of other paintballers is for comapnies such as Tippmann.

Tippmann produces three lines of markers two of which are loosely based on actual firearms and all three of which have numerous aftermarket add-on parts that allow players to customize the look to suit thier fantasy. I want to know how these proposed regualtions will affect these players. The X7, based on the G36, and the A-5, ased on the MP5, have a large hopper on them that seriously detracts from it's ability to be mistaken as a real firearm. Even with other add-on the hopper marks it as a paintball marker and not an actual gun.

I'm hoping it'll be generic enough that all of us can use/modify it and send it in. Maybe we can get paintball markers taken out of the "imitation fire arms" category and treated separately.

I only found two errors, marked in red. The first one is just simple grammar. The second doesn't even really matter, but technically I believe the X-7 is based on the HK 416... although many argue it bears more resemblance to the FN SCAR. I see more of the 416 in it but both are very similar anyway. However, a G36 (and all of its variants) look significantly different from an X-7.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#50 User is offline   FIREBASE 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:FIREBASE

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:14 PM

wow!
what about real firearms? what are the regulations in canada regarding owning actual firearms? is there a ban on all firearms or just certain types?
just curious.

#51 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:22 PM

View PostFIREBASE, on Apr 9 2008, 04:14 PM, said:

wow!
what about real firearms? what are the regulations in canada regarding owning actual firearms? is there a ban on all firearms or just certain types?
just curious.

http://www.cfc-cafc....q/default_e.asp for general info on firearms in Canada

http://laws.justice....1.6///en?page=1 for the actual Firearms Act
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#52 User is offline   AceTrinity 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AceTrinity

Posted 10 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

View PostANSWERS, on Aug 6 2007, 06:36 PM, said:

It is not a rumor though, so... unfortunately, But Paintball Guns do not fall under The TOY gun ban. Some people Robbed some stores in toronto with paintball guns.

lol the store owners should have kicked their ___ (fill in blank) it is just paint, well unless it is at you eyes and the FPS is 50000000000000000000000000... then that would suck
If we can not do it, It can not be done!
Official Sabre #139

#53 User is offline   squeekyclean 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:soap mctavish

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:55 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Apr 8 2008, 08:56 AM, said:

A company by the name of Real Action Paintball produces markers that are replica/imitation firearms and I agree they would need to be regulated, especially since they are also magazine fed. My concern and that of other paintballers is for companies such as Tippmann.

Tippmann produces three lines of markers two of which are loosely based on actual firearms and all three of which have numerous aftermarket add-on parts that allow players to customize the look to suit their fantasy. I want to know how these proposed regulations will affect these players. The X7, based on the G36, and the A-5, based on the MP5, have a large hopper on them that seriously detracts from it's ability to be mistaken as a real firearm. Even with other add-on the hopper marks it as a paintball marker and not an actual gun.

I found a couple more mistakes, which are underlined. just thought I'd help make it look more professional.
behold my super awesome name (I couldn't think of anything else... really!!)

"Lets use the Property of Equality. a=b, b=c, so a=c
Ion=SP
SP=Sucks
so
Ion=Sucks
Its all in the math."-Jersey Paint

#54 User is offline   ANSWERS 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ANSWERS

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:36 PM

wll at least they will read the letter and may say "Well they sound Smart" before they throw it out. Not to be pessimistic, but they just dont care.

#55 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:41 PM

Those mistakes don't look wrong to me, and I know a little about writing. How are they wrong?
-Ty :(

#56 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:46 PM

I think he needs his spell check fixed.... Can someone confirm what gun the X7 is based on?
Posted Image

#57 User is offline   matsau 

• blackthorn of ground zero
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:sniperfodder

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:49 PM

zero is dead on with what the x7 is based on it is no were close to any of the g36 designs
www.oass.ca

#58 User is offline   cybercletus 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Theatre_Rat

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

I heard it was just the rap4 and rap 5 series of guns. did you guys know if you have a a criminal record and acourt order saying your not allowed to own firearms, you can't own paintball gear. I got some gear cheap because a guy had to give his up.
surrender hell, we have not yet begun to fight!
Facta Non Verba
whats bad for me is good for the team

#59 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

The thing is that he corrected the mistake and underlined it. In the original text, what he has underlined was incorrect, and in his version it is corrected and pointed out with an underline.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#60 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:12 PM

View Postwar man, on Jul 25 2007, 08:14 PM, said:

heres the story

Many of you may have heard of the replica gun ban that restricts the import and sell of all 'toy guns' that resemble a real fire arm or something like that.
Within the past week some guy in Toronto did something with a paintball gun, which I am unaware of at the moment but it was serious enough that paintball markers as well as all accessories now fall under the replica gun ban tariff.

It may be that by the end of the year paintball will have gone the way of air soft.
Legal to own and operate already in the country before a certain date but illegal to buy.

So what I am getting at or at least the way Gary explained it to me is that to be able to sell paintball markers and maybe own, you will need your firearms license
It will still be possible to buy paintballs but all markers, masks, parts and so on will be more expensive/impossible to get.

I am not sure if this bill will be passed and not all of the details have been released yet but I will know hopefully by some time next week

Too lazy to read the rest of the thread... but... the biggest problem here, is not all paintball markers resemble real guns. Theres no way someone would mistake an ego for a real gun, especially with hopper and air tank. They can't ban all paintball markers claiming they look like real guns, but they might ban certain shrouds/models.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users