• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

LAW Owner Club seeing as we are underrated.... Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#61 User is offline   goathunter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:43 PM

How about a suggestion for a Barrel blocking device for a launcher.

The unfortunate thing is that barrel bags tend to do nothing but look good.I have yet to see one stop a nerf from exiting the barrel unihibited.I've also used PVC caps but they didn't fair well either(sent a chunk of PVC flying 20 ft. off).I simply prefer to have the breach open and the gun unloaded and not charged.Which by far is the safest.If it works for actual firearms then it should work just as well for a pneumatic.

Chaos,What pressure are you running your gun?I know DWV parts have issues over 80 psi.I'd hate to see your gun come apart on you.

#62 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:50 PM

View Postgoathunter, on Sep 4 2007, 12:43 PM, said:

Chaos,What pressure are you running your gun?I know DWV parts have issues over 80 psi.I'd hate to see your gun come apart on you.

I am currently using 80psi. That seems to be the magic number. I tried up to 110, but for some reason got less performance. I think 80 gets the best performance out of the valve I am using. I doubt it will come appart on me, if you properly glue everything togeather and let it cure, PVC can handle more than 150psi. The valve I am using is rated at up to 150, but recomended pressure for the best perfomance is 80, though those numbers are for water, I am not sure how that translates to air. I'm more worried about hitting a car while I am test firing it down the road.

#63 User is offline   goathunter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:45 PM

80psi is good.That's my magic number for nerfs and 145psi for 12rd. shells.I've found nerfs like to travel slower.That way the arc is predictable.

When I said DWV I was meaning the bell reducer and screw out cap on the first gun's air chamber(stamped PVC-dwv).The DWV parts have shorter sockets and if any pressure is put on them(ie:twisting or what not)they are more prone to pop off, than compared to NSF-pw parts.It is fine for barrels but not such a good idea for pressure holding things.Well, good luck out on the field.

#64 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:46 PM

View PostNINJA MAN!, on May 11 2006, 07:20 PM, said:

Well I hereby decree the LAW/Rocket Launcher Club open!
If you have one join the club in order EX:1,2,3,4. No #5674

I will start with,

Official LAW Owner #1
^^ Put it in you sig, your # of course.

NO PICTURE!!!

I CLAIM #1!!! lol

#65 User is offline   Buzz Killington 

• First you get the sugar
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Halfro

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:43 PM

could anybody tell me how many shots they get out of the nerf rounds or JCS F-69 rounds before they break? cause I was firing my ew launcher for the firt time today and got about 8 shots from it.....I think I ripped it on a tree but im just wondering if the normally last a little longer or what.

http://www.londonpaintball.com/ <--- great canadian paintball shop!

#66 User is offline   goathunter 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:49 PM

8 shots is pretty good.But the question is are they accurate shots or it just didn't fall apart?
Nerf life depends on a lot of variables.Pressure of gun,friction from barrel,barrel material,construction of nerf,were it hits,and pre-shot issues(bending,etc.).There really is no set nerf life span but anything over 5-6 shots and the nerf is considered "experienced".I've had a couple that just wouldn't die and others that blew apart on the second shot.Bottom line, if you want to increase nerf life trim the fins to fit the barrel and do something to reduce friction.Baby powder works well for 2" barrels and for 1 1/2" barrels I wrap the nerf in a 2 3/16"(5ths of a sheet) wide strip of computer paper.

Being as how I haven't been able to really test an f-69 round(got to look one over) I really couldn't tell you the expected life span.But they are supposedly alot tougher than nerfs,but I do know they are much lighter than there nerf counterparts.I did notice one very different aspect(besides one-piece construction)The F-69 seems to be coated.It has a slick plastic sheathing.I don't know how much it will help since JCS advocates rolling it in Talc before firing.

#67 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:25 PM

I have over 20 test shots on one nerf right now. Still holding togeather great. I do notice that sometimes on impact, the back will fold in along the tail into the front. Easy enough to fix though. Other than no, no noticeable wear and tear.

Deffinatly going to use the bigger chamber, though I may need to make a new one, This one just doesnt seem to want to seal. But the testing is complete. time to move onto making the "Second LAW of Chaos".

Here's some vids of the testing.
http://www.youtube.com/ChaosPhoenixFix

#68 User is offline   grumpy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gadgit

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:26 PM

Chaos ,
is your presurechamber that is leaking? and what is it made of ? there could be a simple way to fix it rather than building a new one.
Book of Armaments (Chapter 2, verses 9-21)
...And Saint Attila raised the sprinkler valve up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy sprinkler valve that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou remove thy solenoid and epoxy the pilot hole, then remove the guide rod, then thread your pilot valve directly to the body of thy sprinkler, lest thou increase thy pilot volume by a single iota, then lobbest thou thy nerfs towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall procedeth to the gates of reinsertion."

#69 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:42 PM

It is made of PVC, it is leaking from the end cap, but I plan on making a new one anyway, because i need to be able to put my Air fittings on for the reg, remote hook up, ect. I came into this project knowing I was eccentially going to be making two launcher. One to get the numbers I need for it to work properly. The second version is going to be the fancy one. But no point in getting fancy until you get the thing to work.

Besides I cannot have the "Second LAW of Chaos" without there being the "First"

#70 User is offline   grumpy 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gadgit

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:45 PM

so you planned on building a second one anyway, you will find that with a larger presure chamber you will use less presure to get the same results. and if you find you have a leak , once you know where it is leaking at you can put a vacum on it and let it suck glue into the leak , release the vacum and let set for 24hrs then presure test again
Book of Armaments (Chapter 2, verses 9-21)
...And Saint Attila raised the sprinkler valve up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy sprinkler valve that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou remove thy solenoid and epoxy the pilot hole, then remove the guide rod, then thread your pilot valve directly to the body of thy sprinkler, lest thou increase thy pilot volume by a single iota, then lobbest thou thy nerfs towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall procedeth to the gates of reinsertion."

#71 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:57 PM

I may reuse the big chamber, but I am going to cut off the end where it is leaking and put a new cap on. The new chamber would be shorter in length anyway.

#72 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:48 AM

Here is the "Second LAW of Chaos"

Still a few things left to do to it as you see it. the bolt action mechanism has been installed already, just not shown here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#73 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:59 PM

View Postdoc Zox, on Jul 4 2006, 09:22 PM, said:

the boomstick:
Posted Image

my new tool:
Posted Image

That is the COOLEST LAW ever!! I love the paint job! =D
Posted Image

#74 User is offline   slayerjake 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:20 PM

You guys rule... running into fire with nothing but your big, bulky law, thanks for saving the rest of us from the tanks!

#75 User is offline   tankbuster 

• Colonel of the 4th Artillery Regiment
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:treesniper1

Posted 30 September 2007 - 12:50 PM

I have a LAW, only have 2 nerf ammo, but i guess im in. :dry:
92% of teens would drop dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your one of the 8% who would be laughing their butt off, put this in your sig.
SLAY THE ORCS!

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users