• Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:09 PM

Oh God... not the khaki's!
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#152 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

.... I miss the Army Greens. The Blues don't look that bad, but i preferred the greens. I don't understand all the different dress uniforms for the Navy. Brown shoes, black shoes, khakis, ect
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#153 User is offline   evillepaintball 

• You won't do it! You ain't crazy!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sunshine ac-05

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

I much prefer the ASU over the old greens. I think they look much more professional and are closer to the traditional uniform. Also, I make them look sexy as hell.
Posted Image
"it just doesnt look cool unless you're riding a yamazuki zx1200rrr" - C9H13NO3

#154 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

So the Army is trying to rip off our style now? Figures.

I don't remember any brown shoes though. Beware the khaki pants.
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#155 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:10 PM

View PostShipwreck!, on 08 August 2011 - 04:35 PM, said:

So the Army is trying to rip off our style now? Figures.

I don't remember any brown shoes though. Beware the khaki pants.

Some khaki's wear brown with the NSU's. Navy is like a big ol' fashion show with how often the uniforms change :D

#156 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:06 AM

Wow that sounds different. What the hell are NSU's? Brown shoes sounds horrible. The uniforms never changed while I was in! We used to be changing f*cking constantly into Utilities for division briefings/quarters, coverals for working, BDU's for VBSS stuff... it was retarded! On other ships VBSS was taken more seriously and it was designated it's own division, once you make the team all you do is PT and combat training and all you wear is your desert camo. But not on my boat :dry: It was go do PT for a couple hours in the morning, train once a week and otherwise get back to your crap division and get to work.

Then they started talking about switching to the new navy blue digi bdu's and getting rid of utilities and coverals, would have made everything so much more simple! Plus they look dope compared to those lame assed old uniforms. Anyway it was supposed to happen around my 2 year mark, but got delayed a year, then another year, then possibly several more. But there were never any uniform changes while I was in, and probably not since like decades ago...
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#157 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:alexspawn3000

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

View PostShipwreck!, on 09 August 2011 - 04:06 AM, said:

Then they started talking about switching to the new navy blue digi bdu's and getting rid of utilities and coverals, would have made everything so much more simple! Plus they look dope compared to those lame assed old uniforms. Anyway it was supposed to happen around my 2 year mark, but got delayed a year, then another year, then possibly several more. But there were never any uniform changes while I was in, and probably not since like decades ago...

YUP! that's what we wear now. And also what i want to use for the team camo, since we are all Navy or Ex-Navy. And it's original! :). I would say 70+% of all paintballers wear either Marine digis, Army ACUS, or the "old school" army BDU's. HENCE I want BLUE DIGIS! :). gunna look tight when we are all geared up!

I'm working on getting you an old set that people throw out.
Posted Image
"The gun doesn't MAKE the player, it ENHANCES the player!"
~AleX~

#158 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:18 AM

The Air Force is a fashion show over here in Afghani-land. They wear all the different AF uniforms, and in theater they have started wearing Army ones too. First the ACU's, and now the multicams too. I saw some Navy guy wearing ACU's, and with the eagle/anchor rank thing the my buddy next to me saluted him thinking he was a colonel.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#159 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:12 AM

View Postalexspawn3000, on 09 August 2011 - 10:12 AM, said:

View PostShipwreck!, on 09 August 2011 - 04:06 AM, said:

YUP! that's what we wear now. And also what i want to use for the team camo, since we are all Navy or Ex-Navy. And it's original! :). I would say 70+% of all paintballers wear either Marine digis, Army ACUS, or the "old school" army BDU's. HENCE I want BLUE DIGIS! :). gunna look tight when we are all geared up!

Lol your wearing the actual cammies or some re-made version?

And ship, Navy Service Uniform: Khaki top, Black pants for E6 and below, Khaki everything for E7+

#160 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:35 AM

someone was trying to tell me that submariners were the ones that wore brown shoes or something like that....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#161 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:48 AM

View Postalexspawn3000, on 09 August 2011 - 10:12 AM, said:

In my experience most paintballers wear jeans and t-shirts or some completely random paintball shop / surplus store camo pattern. I've only seen a few people wear actual current issue military camo. I always rock the Marine issue digi's. Got a set of desert from being on VBSS then when I was processing out I figured my only use of them from there would be in paintball, decided to pick up a set of jungle for games on green terrain. Have to say in retrospect it was great call. This stuff works f*cking wonders!

If you can get me a set of the blue digi's I'll rock it hard on urban terrain! But if we wind up in more woodsy/scrubland and I want to be more stealthy I'll probably throw on the more functional camo color, then rock the blue top in the dead zone.

View Postshadow_772, on 09 August 2011 - 10:12 AM, said:

Lol your wearing the actual cammies or some re-made version?

And ship, Navy Service Uniform: Khaki top, Black pants for E6 and below, Khaki everything for E7+

He's talking about the real deal. Oh yeah, I remember hearing about those when they were talking about switching to the camo. Heard it looks like the Marine uniform minus the blood stripe. Did that replace something too or did it just get added to the uniforms. Hope they didn't take you Johnny Cash's away, that was actually a sick uniform. Used to rock that one home on leave, it was sick!

View PostEagle Eye, on 10 August 2011 - 07:35 AM, said:

someone was trying to tell me that submariners were the ones that wore brown shoes or something like that....

Maybe that's the case for formal occassions. But when actually on the submarines they rock sneakers to keep the noise down.

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 10 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#162 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• PipPip

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:10 AM

well on the boat, sure. he was talking about when wearing the khaki dress stuff
Posted Image
Posted Image

#163 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

View PostEagle Eye, on 10 August 2011 - 10:10 AM, said:

well on the boat, sure. he was talking about when wearing the khaki dress stuff

Naw, they were wrong. I know a couple guys who came from subs...

He's talking about the real deal. Oh yeah, I remember hearing about those when they were talking about switching to the camo. Heard it looks like the Marine uniform minus the blood stripe. Did that replace something too or did it just get added to the uniforms. Hope they didn't take you Johnny Cash's away, that was actually a sick uniform. Used to rock that one home on leave, it was sick!

Sigh. Yes they took Johnny Cash's away... I was really looking forward to those too before I found out :[ Easily would have been my fav.

NSU's look almost identical to the marines uniforms except pants are black (no blood stripe like the NCO's etc have) and rank is on collar instead of arm.

#164 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

• The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

View Postshadow_772, on 11 August 2011 - 07:35 PM, said:

Sigh. Yes they took Johnny Cash's away... I was really looking forward to those too before I found out :[ Easily would have been my fav.

NSU's look almost identical to the marines uniforms except pants are black (no blood stripe like the NCO's etc have) and rank is on collar instead of arm.

Ohhh! Took the Johnny Cash's away? That is EPIC FAIL Navy, EPIC FAIL. That's retarded that was an awesome uniform backed by many years of awesome tradition, that's like taking the damn dress blues / whites away!

And all to rip off the Corp's style :|

Meanwhile the Army is ripping off ours.

Someone kick the joint chiefs of staff in the junk for me! Anyone stationed/homeported/visiting in the DC area?

That's a bummer. The untilities/coveralls were crap uniforms that looked like crap and didn't have any military feel to them and we weren't even ALLOWED to wear them in public anyway. Those uniforms NEEDED to go, especially when being replaced by a real military uniform like bdu's. But now that I know the Jhonny Cash's went with them I'm glad the uniform change didn't occur during my enlistment. Hell I already had BDU's anyway. Although it would have been cool to rock the blue digi's home too. I couldn't rock my desert BDU's anywhere not even on base, because they were sterile, only when actually training for/conducting missions or what not... No props for me :(
A5 Evolver!

Posted Image

#165 User is offline   shadow_772 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:16 PM

View PostShipwreck!, on 11 August 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

View Postshadow_772, on 11 August 2011 - 07:35 PM, said:

Ohhh! Took the Johnny Cash's away? That is EPIC FAIL Navy, EPIC FAIL. That's retarded that was an awesome uniform backed by many years of awesome tradition, that's like taking the damn dress blues / whites away!

And all to rip off the Corp's style :|

Meanwhile the Army is ripping off ours.

Someone kick the joint chiefs of staff in the junk for me! Anyone stationed/homeported/visiting in the DC area?

That's a bummer. The untilities/coveralls were crap uniforms that looked like crap and didn't have any military feel to them and we weren't even ALLOWED to wear them in public anyway. Those uniforms NEEDED to go, especially when being replaced by a real military uniform like bdu's. But now that I know the Jhonny Cash's went with them I'm glad the uniform change didn't occur during my enlistment. Hell I already had BDU's anyway. Although it would have been cool to rock the blue digi's home too. I couldn't rock my desert BDU's anywhere not even on base, because they were sterile, only when actually training for/conducting missions or what not... No props for me :(

We aren't allowed to wear the cammies out... Except for lunch or something. You can't just put em' on and go though..

Share this topic:

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users