Special Ops Paintball: Side project: Dagger - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Side project: Dagger Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Cobrakai 

  • Very sneaky snake!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 52
  • Joined: 24-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Parkersburg, WV
  • Brigade Name:NTEGRITY

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:24 AM

I decided to work on a dagger gun and play up close and personal 'til I get my longbow. I may go army of one with my longbow and 98c..If you're a call of duty fan you'll get that. Alas here it is, and a little bonus for you guys :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Both are still in the makings.
"God will judge my enemies, and I'll arrange the meetings."


0

#2 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

  • Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 466
  • Joined: 01-March 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:254 Texas

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:17 AM

awesome work dude

wouldnt a barrel tht short be ineffective?
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre
0

#3 User is offline   Cobrakai 

  • Very sneaky snake!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 52
  • Joined: 24-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Parkersburg, WV
  • Brigade Name:NTEGRITY

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:32 PM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 30 December 2010 - 05:17 AM, said:

awesome work dude

wouldnt a barrel tht short be ineffective?

It's mainly just a CQB barrel I thought was cute for like 10 bucks. The barrel actually is pretty accurate up to about 20 yards, it starts to drop around 30. Definitely not a sniper barrel lol
"God will judge my enemies, and I'll arrange the meetings."


0

#4 User is offline   Supergyro 

  • Ain't He Great, Folks?
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 189
  • Joined: 09-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Not-As-Bad-As-It-Used-To-Be" Fargo, ND

Posted 31 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

Have Super Stanchy at MCB bore that little barrel for Python/IFit inserts and you'll have yourself a fun little shooter there! :ThumbsUp:
Posted Image
"Of course you know, this means war."-Bugs Bunny
"My friend got killed by a throwing star but I live because of DEagle."-Thalion

"The visible spectrum is...RAINBOWS"-Pirate
0

#5 User is offline   Jones 

  • Isaiah 6:8
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 101
  • Joined: 20-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Good Ole' Kansas

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

That is exactly the kind of set up I want. Except I already have the longbow. Lol. I want to get a little smg style gun as a back up and for when I'm in the run and gun mood. I was thinkin either a 98, bt-4 combat, or a carver one With a tiny barrel like that.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Cobrakai 

  • Very sneaky snake!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 52
  • Joined: 24-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Parkersburg, WV
  • Brigade Name:NTEGRITY

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:57 AM

View PostJones, on 02 January 2011 - 02:51 PM, said:

That is exactly the kind of set up I want. Except I already have the longbow. Lol. I want to get a little smg style gun as a back up and for when I'm in the run and gun mood. I was thinkin either a 98, bt-4 combat, or a carver one With a tiny barrel like that.

yea I like the thought behind two primary weapons, especially in long drawn out games. I actually like the Project Salvo a lot, primarily because it has a folding, collapsible stock... So you may want to consider. :)
"God will judge my enemies, and I'll arrange the meetings."


0

#7 User is offline   Cobrakai 

  • Very sneaky snake!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 52
  • Joined: 24-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Parkersburg, WV
  • Brigade Name:NTEGRITY

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:57 AM

View PostSupergyro, on 31 December 2010 - 11:46 PM, said:

Have Super Stanchy at MCB bore that little barrel for Python/IFit inserts and you'll have yourself a fun little shooter there! :ThumbsUp:

I wouldn't even know where to begin with that one.. :laugh:
"God will judge my enemies, and I'll arrange the meetings."


0

#8 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

  • Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,237
  • Joined: 10-May 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Whitehorse, Yukon
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

You should swap out the CAR stock for a BT MP-5-style sliding stock, and get a slightly longer barrel-and an E-Grip, make a hell of a little pray-and-sprayer.
0

#9 User is offline   Jones 

  • Isaiah 6:8
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 101
  • Joined: 20-November 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Good Ole' Kansas

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

View PostCobrakai, on 03 January 2011 - 01:57 AM, said:

View PostJones, on 02 January 2011 - 02:51 PM, said:

That is exactly the kind of set up I want. Except I already have the longbow. Lol. I want to get a little smg style gun as a back up and for when I'm in the run and gun mood. I was thinkin either a 98, bt-4 combat, or a carver one With a tiny barrel like that.

yea I like the thought behind two primary weapons, especially in long drawn out games. I actually like the Project Salvo a lot, primarily because it has a folding, collapsible stock... So you may want to consider. :)


That is not a terrible idea but I did not mean running with two primaries. lol. I just meant that is the set up i would like to have for my second gun for when i don't want to be a sniper. I am all about keepin it light weight so that would not work out for me.
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   Cobrakai 

  • Very sneaky snake!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 52
  • Joined: 24-May 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Parkersburg, WV
  • Brigade Name:NTEGRITY

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

View PostJones, on 03 January 2011 - 03:09 PM, said:

View PostCobrakai, on 03 January 2011 - 01:57 AM, said:

View PostJones, on 02 January 2011 - 02:51 PM, said:

That is exactly the kind of set up I want. Except I already have the longbow. Lol. I want to get a little smg style gun as a back up and for when I'm in the run and gun mood. I was thinkin either a 98, bt-4 combat, or a carver one With a tiny barrel like that.

yea I like the thought behind two primary weapons, especially in long drawn out games. I actually like the Project Salvo a lot, primarily because it has a folding, collapsible stock... So you may want to consider. :)


That is not a terrible idea but I did not mean running with two primaries. lol. I just meant that is the set up i would like to have for my second gun for when i don't want to be a sniper. I am all about keepin it light weight so that would not work out for me.

I've used 2 primary markers at once, I just put one in a backpack. It worked well.
"God will judge my enemies, and I'll arrange the meetings."


0

#11 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

  • The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 898
  • Joined: 13-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SoCal! IE! 909!
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:17 AM

View PostDown Range Pain, on 30 December 2010 - 02:17 AM, said:

awesome work dude

wouldnt a barrel tht short be ineffective?


That gat's actually pretty legit! I used to have a 3 inch stubby for my A-5 they're dope! The range is really only good for about 20-30ft. But that's not the point, the point is manuverability at close quarters, and for that there is NOTHING better. And with the thick threads on those 98's if you're playing a field with wide open spaces and you DO need some range occassionally, it'll be pretty quick and easy to switch to the stock barrel or any aftermarket barrel you have.

When I had the stuby for my A-5 but the standard threads on that gun are really fine so it took like 30 seconds to switch between the stub and the stock when I need to switch for range or manuverability and I was paranoid I'd get shot constantly while doing that. Then I moded the socket for the barrell adapter to be a 1/4 turn quick change, then it was dope, I just left the barrel adapter on the stub nose barrel, and I could switch between the awesome range of my FLatline and the unparraleled manuverability of my stub nose in like 1 second! 2 seconds at the most if I was slow. So yeah, stub nose very bueno!

Only thing is if you're playing an official field there might be a rule against switching barrels, which would be lame. If not all you have to do is make sure whichever barrel you have that has the highest fps, is chrono'd 280 so the other will be less which sucks but it'll be the stubnose and you're not doing ranged fighting with that anyway so it don't matter too much...
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!



Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

  • The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 898
  • Joined: 13-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SoCal! IE! 909!
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:36 AM

View PostMarauder_Pilot, on 03 January 2011 - 09:55 AM, said:

You should swap out the CAR stock for a BT MP-5-style sliding stock, and get a slightly longer barrel-and an E-Grip, make a hell of a little pray-and-sprayer.


No way dude, screw e-grips and a longer barrel, that's what you keep your stock barrel around for. Just switch if you need the range! Good call on the stock though, get that MP-5 stock it'll be even more compact it'll be the PERFECT gun for your close quarters shootouts! Once you try a gun that's shorter than your shoulders are wide, for going through breaches, you'll never go back to a long gun. Except switching barrels for range, when you're fighting in the open...

But if you're usually fighting in the open and you just want something light to run around with, don't bother with the stub nose, the only significant difference will be the lack of range. As far as weight goes, a full lenght bareel is only going to be a couple grams or so heaver than your stub nose, so won't make any difference as far as carrying the thing around, or spead of rotation.

If you're going extreme close quarters on a regular basis, THEN the stub nose is the best mod you can possibly have for that purpose. and the significant difference it makes in that case is a lack of over all marker lenght which is incredible. It's really nice being able to go through a breach with your barrel up ready to shoot, vs having to aim down, then wip your gun up on the other side, cause your barrel is too long...
"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!



Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   ger 

  • Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,676
  • Joined: 31-August 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western PA

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:33 AM

Looks fun.

I don't have a problem w/ the car stock on there, but a sliding/folding stock would definitely be better since you are purposely making it a cqb setup. The cars look cool but that's the extent of their usefulness.

The barrel length is awfully short, so you would have no choice but to play close for accurate shots. Shortest I've played w/ is an 8" Lapco Bigshot, it is noticeably less accurate than a 13" Palmers. What Supergyro was reffering to was super_stanchy, he's a member on mcarterbrown & can probably machine that stubby barrel to accept iFit inserts - which would be pretty cool. Or you could drop the cash to get a full iFit kit & put you're barrel on it, only adding a couple inches.

Shipwreck wisely suggested using a chrono if switching barrels mid-game - bore size & length changes both affect the FPS. You'd have to check w/ your field, but our field doesn't have a written rule against switching barrels in the field because most people aren't going to take the time to do it.

If you're not putting an rt or e-grip on it maybe go w/ a smaller hopper. W/ a tight setup like you have that thing just looks huge :D.

Overall I think it looks great, plus I like the paint job :tup:.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.
0

#14 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

  • The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,296
  • Joined: 23-January 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St. Albert, AB
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

At Shipwreck: except from what I hear, the stock barrel is JUNK :P

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 04 January 2011 - 12:30 PM

0

#15 User is offline   Shipwreck! 

  • The Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 898
  • Joined: 13-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SoCal! IE! 909!
  • Brigade Name:SHIPWRECK!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

View Postcdrinkh20, on 04 January 2011 - 11:30 AM, said:

At Shipwreck: except from what I hear, the stock barrel is JUNK :P


I wouldn't write home about it either, but it'll beat the hell out of the stubnose for range.

Edit: I've actually never used an after market barrel on my 98C so I don't really even know what the possibilities are... mostly because I don't really use my 98C, I've dedicated full paintball resources and nearly full paintball attention to my A-5.

This post has been edited by Shipwreck!: 04 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

"If they wanna be asinine about this, we'll just be asinine right back."
A5 Evolver!



Posted Image
0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users