Special Ops Paintball: Why can't we use our own paint???? - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why can't we use our own paint???? Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

HAHAHAHAHA! A clown hopper! :dry: :(
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#47 Guest_Schecter_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:20 AM

View PostClaystone, on Feb 28 2010, 06:41 PM, said:

I'm puzzled that most field won't allow you to use your own paint. I know it's a business and they make more money that way, but if most of the paint is not that good, wouldn't it ruin your day playing with bad paint? They should allow you to play with your paint and just charge you extra if you do. That way they still make something.

Has anyone played on a filed that allows you to use their own paint?

Btw, what does "SPPL" mean?

Thanks

I used to work as a ref at a field where you were allowed to bring your own paint. All the time we had to tell people the case of monsterball or impact they bought cannot be used on the field because it is too hard and causes severe(sp?) bruises then they would throw a bitch fit and claim we had poor customer service. We would have to refund their money and they would leave saying they would never come back.(we replied this is a private business and we would rather hurt your feelings for being an idiot than have someone else suffer the consequences of you being an idiot) It was an everyday thing and got old so finally the owner said it was field paint only so we wouldn't have to deal with it anymore.

#48 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chasbronson

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:08 PM

Ever try requesting the paint you JUST HAVE to use at your local field?They may get it for you real reasonable.

View PostSchecter, on May 15 2010, 05:20 AM, said:

View PostClaystone, on Feb 28 2010, 06:41 PM, said:

I'm puzzled that most field won't allow you to use your own paint. I know it's a business and they make more money that way, but if most of the paint is not that good, wouldn't it ruin your day playing with bad paint? They should allow you to play with your paint and just charge you extra if you do. That way they still make something.

Has anyone played on a filed that allows you to use their own paint?

Btw, what does "SPPL" mean?

Thanks

I used to work as a ref at a field where you were allowed to bring your own paint. All the time we had to tell people the case of monsterball or impact they bought cannot be used on the field because it is too hard and causes severe(sp?) bruises then they would throw a bitch fit and claim we had poor customer service. We would have to refund their money and they would leave saying they would never come back.(we replied this is a private business and we would rather hurt your feelings for being an idiot than have someone else suffer the consequences of you being an idiot) It was an everyday thing and got old so finally the owner said it was field paint only so we wouldn't have to deal with it anymore.

AMEN TO THAT.

#49 User is offline   Crenchy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Crenchy

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:05 AM

Well thats the way we make our money at our field, off paintballs. They get unlimited co2 and air and pay a field fee of 25$ a person for mask and marker and your first 100 paintballs after that its 8 bucks per hundred (the more people you bring the cheaper it gets and if you have your own gear you get ten bucks off the field fee) besides if its crap paint its our fault and we take care of it, if you bring crap paint and have a crappy time cuze of it well thats tough cookie eh atleast this way you get a bit better customer service.

#50 User is offline   The Jedi 

• I'm a God Damned American Jedi
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:American Bad Ass

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

I've never had a problem with paying for paint at the field. My old field used to supply a variety of paints, from 50-100 bucks a case. They would just sign and date the bags when you bought it and you could bring it back the next weekend if you wanted to. It was never really a big deal since you usually know how much paint you're gonna use and even an SC player can use 500 rds over two weekends of play. It kept the field making money, and I never really heard anyone complain about having to use field paint. I've never been a big fan of the guys who show up trying to use mass amounts of poor quality paint anyways. It can take a lot of fun out of the game.

This post has been edited by The Jedi: 15 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

:)

#51 User is offline   Raven911 

• Team Birds of Prey
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raven911

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

View PostAnimal Mother, on Feb 28 2010, 10:04 PM, said:

It's all about the $$$$$.

As it should be. The field owners are there to make money, period. My local fields offer several choices of good paint, its in their best interests to not carry crap, else no one would come there.
http://www.flurryindustries.com
http://www.specopsbrigade.com/main.php
Drive it like it's issued!
"Life's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa

#52 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:35 PM

I think this whole ""bad" paint thing" is highly over-rated. Don't get me wrong, I've used some of the worst paint ever made....i.e. Brass Eagle or Winchester or Core. These were really, really bad quality. Not because they didn't break, but because they didn't fly straight. And just because paint is inexpensive, that doesn't necessarily make it "bad". I've used Bigballs and PMI, both inexpensive, and both flew just fine. The fill quality wasn't as nice and sometimes you would get bounces...but other than that it shot just fine. This idea that you have to play with Evil paint or else is just boggus.

I like BYOP because I like to try different kinds of paint. I like to see how it performs, what kind of fill quality you get, and how it works with my barrels. Sometimes I pay $50 a case, sometimes $60. That being said, I don't necessarily mind FPO IF it's done correctly. What I mean by that is, some fields abuse FPO by overcharging. I'll never pay $80-$120 for a case of paint. It's just not worth it. I'm not spending the whole weekend shooting pump or counting each shot because I'm a firefight away from having to go home. If I go to a decent field, with free air/CO2, and a reasonable entry fee...and they want to charge me $60 and make me use their "average" paint...I have no problem with that. For around $80 I can have a nice day of paintball. But if I go to a field that charges $25 entry, $5 per air fill, and then wants to sell you their "high quality" paint at $90/case...no thanks. Now you're spending around $135...which if you do the math means...you get to play twice for the same price as you could have to play 3 times.

This post has been edited by aslanprime: 15 June 2010 - 12:35 PM

Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#53 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:07 PM

View PostInterceptor911, on Jun 15 2010, 01:53 PM, said:

As it should be. The field owners are there to make money, period. My local fields offer several choices of good paint, its in their best interests to not carry crap, else no one would come there.

Holy crap you're still alive.

The reason CPX, Wasaga, Mirabel, Bigfoot etc. all charge high paint prices is because you also have to look at what they offer. They're not some shack on a farmers land barely bothering to fix up the fields.

They are professionally run businesses, with employees to pay, grounds to keep and they have a reputation to uphold. Look at the facilities of each, they don't magically run themselves.

#54 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:16 AM

View PostDigital Pirate, on Jun 16 2010, 01:07 AM, said:

The reason CPX, Wasaga, Mirabel, Bigfoot etc. all charge high paint prices is because you also have to look at what they offer. They're not some shack on a farmers land barely bothering to fix up the fields.

They are professionally run businesses, with employees to pay, grounds to keep and they have a reputation to uphold. Look at the facilities of each, they don't magically run themselves.

what he said
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#55 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:00 PM

Hell Survivors is a pretty dang nice field, professionally run, paid staff, etc... Yet it's $20, free all day air/CO2, and I think it's something like $60-$70 a case for decent inferno. I've heard Fox is a decent field as well and they're BYOP. So "good field" doesn't necessarily always mean high paint prices.
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#56 User is offline   Raven911 

• Team Birds of Prey
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raven911

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:03 PM

View PostDigital Pirate, on Jun 16 2010, 02:07 AM, said:

View PostInterceptor911, on Jun 15 2010, 01:53 PM, said:

Nice to be remembered :tup:

Whats up witcha?
http://www.flurryindustries.com
http://www.specopsbrigade.com/main.php
Drive it like it's issued!
"Life's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users