• You cannot reply to this topic

CO2 Valve Leaking 20oz with On/Off Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Devlin 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Devlin

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:32 AM

I have a 20oz CO2 tank with an on/off switch. Had it filled once, no problems...went to have it filled 2nd time, and the guy comes back to me and the tank has a small hiss and the dude said that those on/off valves wear out easily. I can see that after some excessive use, but after only 1 complete fill and the emptied??

Im just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before? Granted, Im not TOO concerned with it due to the recent purchase of an HPA tank, but I'd like to have the CO2 (as a backup for scenarios/play around the house, etc due to I can get it filled a block from my house and the HPA only at my field - 45mins away).

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Devlin: 27 August 2008 - 09:43 AM

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:26 PM

Is it a Smart Parts On/Off tank? On/Off tanks like pin valves should really never have a problem in their 5 year lifetime. Is it leaking out the side (where the burst disk is) or out the top?

I had my On/Off tank made by Palmer's and haven't had a problem in the 4 years it has been in use.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:14 AM

I have a 20oz Java with a SP On/Off Valve and its never leaked on me since I had it installed back in 04' at a local pro shop.

This post has been edited by Evil Fingers: 28 August 2008 - 03:15 AM

#4 User is offline   Devlin 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Devlin

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:54 AM

Mines a Pure Energy tank. The leak is coming out of the top.

#5 User is offline   GunRunner7 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GunRunner7

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:23 AM

If it has air coming out of top- possiblilty you may need a new o-ring in the valve. Or there is dirt in the valve. It will be one or the other. If, it is not the oring or dirt-take it back to where you bought it and have them fix it.

When I die, I want to go sleeping peacefully like my grandfather did.......not screaming like the passengers in his car.

#6 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:33 AM

I have had brand new tanks leak. There's seals in there. Brand new ones that leaked: PMI, Draxxus, Brass Eagle, and some other one.

Sometimes if you chill it too much it can freeze and leak.

#7 User is offline   Darkish Raven 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:59 AM

Well this is ironic...because my 9oz tank just started leaking too...I think it has something to do with my gas line, but I'm not sure...

#8 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:07 PM

View PostDarkish Raven, on Aug 28 2008, 11:59 AM, said:

Well this is ironic...because my 9oz tank just started leaking too...I think it has something to do with my gas line, but I'm not sure...

I take it that the 9oz is in your Marker's ASA, if so...the cause of that leak is the Tank's O-ring, unscrew the Tank from the ASA, is the Tank still leaking. if so...then the Pin Valve inside needs to replaced or get a New Tank.

As for the On/Off Valve for a Co2 Tank, theyre Pinless and to confirm that, look on top of the valve, do you see a Pin slightly Stick Out?

And like I said in my previous post, I have a SP on/off Valve on a 20oz tank and it clearly shows that there is no Pin Valve inside.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users