http://www.specialop...mc/a5a2_kit.pdf

#17 User is offline   SPARTAN 013 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SPARTAN 013

Posted 26 December 2005 - 08:12 PM

Mc Corndogs, on Dec 25 2005, 11:21 PM, said:

what kind of milling do you have to mill the tombstone in the tegular version of the air thru kit?

grammer/spell check much? :huh:

its ok, your new... lol :D

big money beat me too it though, those are the instructions that come with the A2 kit its self... and i answered your PM so.... good luck, if their are any more questions just ask.

Click these --------------> l MFDPB.com l ULed STDM5 l Feedback l MySpace l <-------------- Click these

#18 User is offline   Echo-9 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Echo-9

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:31 PM

SPARTAN 013, on Oct 10 2005, 05:58 PM, said:

-HANDLING-
the new kit is obviously more comfertable then the stock setup. the "more ergonomic feel" and "faster to shoulder" rants about it that spec ops makes are true. it is very comfy and surprisingly light for the size of the new upgrade. there are two down sides though. even though there is a cutout, you cant see down the sites with a mask on, but without one its like heaven (i know this becuase when i target shoot behind my house i dont wear a mask, i NEVER recomend taking your mask off while in play). the last thing is the positioning of the remote. if you go prone its really hard to hold the gun strait up and down. if you have a SC on your remote then it becomes even more difficult.

So what you're saying is that a dogleg stock is better than the A2 stock if you plan on useing a sight?

If you use an elevated sight you also have to get a stovepipe for your hopper, because the agonisingly annoying thing i found on my friends gun is the hopper blocking a part of the veiw though the sight.

#19 User is offline   SPARTAN 013 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:48 PM

View PostEcho-9, on Jan 3 2006, 02:31 PM, said:

So what you're saying is that a dogleg stock is better than the A2 stock if you plan on useing a sight?

If you use an elevated sight you also have to get a stovepipe for your hopper, because the agonisingly annoying thing i found on my friends gun is the hopper blocking a part of the veiw though the sight.

correct.

Click these --------------> l MFDPB.com l ULed STDM5 l Feedback l MySpace l <-------------- Click these

#20 User is offline   Snipeo101 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Snipeo101@gmail.com

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:13 PM

is the new a5a2 dogleg complete made out of plastic?

thanks

"we don't stop playing because we get old.
We grow old because we stop playing"
unknown

live by it

#21 User is offline   ghost143 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:59 PM

View PostSnipeo101, on Apr 27 2006, 07:13 PM, said:

thanks

nope, the stock is metal. it's very sturdy and pretty light. i love mine.

#22 User is offline   Snipeo101 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Snipeo101@gmail.com

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:02 PM

View Postghost143, on Apr 27 2006, 04:59 PM, said:

View PostSnipeo101, on Apr 27 2006, 07:13 PM, said:

thanks

nope, the stock is metal. it's very sturdy and pretty light. i love mine.

ya but i jsut got mine and it looks like the gun is made out of plastic.

what barrel would u use?

"we don't stop playing because we get old.
We grow old because we stop playing"
unknown

live by it

#23 User is offline   Calamity 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:14 PM

At the moment I have a 98 Custom, but I am really looking into the A5-A2. I've wanted it for a while, and now that I see this post, I'll ask some questions.

What is the difference between the A5-A2 and the A5-A2 Camo? (Does the camoflauge make it cost $200 extra?)

Would you recommend getting the A5-A2 from the SpecOps store, or buy an A5 and then get the A2 kit?

What would I have to do to the marker to be able to mount a sight on either of these?

What are some reliable, inexpensive remotes I could purchase for this?

Thanks for the review. It was very well done.

#24 User is offline   SPARTAN 013 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:50 PM

View PostCalamity, on May 8 2006, 01:14 PM, said:

At the moment I have a 98 Custom, but I am really looking into the A5-A2. I've wanted it for a while, and now that I see this post, I'll ask some questions.

What is the difference between the A5-A2 and the A5-A2 Camo? (Does the camoflauge make it cost $200 extra?)
the camo one has a duracoated finish on it. duracoat is a sprayed on finish that is more chip/scratch resistant than regular paint. its not that great, and not worth $200 IMO when a duracoat kit only costs $70
Would you recommend getting the A5-A2 from the SpecOps store, or buy an A5 and then get the A2 kit?
if you have minor machining skills, and the one you make yourself is cheaper, ide do it. if its the same, ide just get the pre assembled A2 because it comes without that lip, the guys a spec ops mill it off for ya.
What would I have to do to the marker to be able to mount a sight on either of these?
offset sight rail or raised site rail. offset ftw because raising it will be blocked by the hopper.
any from spec ops will work

#25 User is offline   SPARTAN 013 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:51 PM

View PostSnipeo101, on Apr 27 2006, 07:02 PM, said:

ya but i jsut got mine and it looks like the gun is made out of plastic.

what barrel would u use?

the A-5 looks plastic? i highly doubt that. its most likely just the finish on the marker....

#26 User is offline   metz_44 

• hey fasion assasion, thats right, a comet. Take that:)
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:duffmann

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:10 AM

the a5 is made from high quality alluminum and the newer ones are have a "durra coat"like finnish but ya i know with the finnish it almost feels like the gun is made from plastic. :ph34r:
man im awsome

hey! is that dam bush is fingering me

for all those who dont belive in snipers, i slap thee

#27 User is offline   silverbandit91 

• dead silence
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:dead silence

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:52 PM

View PostSPARTAN 013, on May 8 2006, 03:50 PM, said:

View PostCalamity, on May 8 2006, 01:14 PM, said:

the camo one has a duracoated finish on it. duracoat is a sprayed on finish that is more chip/scratch resistant than regular paint. its not that great, and not worth $200 IMO when a duracoat kit only costs $70
if you have minor machining skills, and the one you make yourself is cheaper, ide do it. if its the same, ide just get the pre assembled A2 because it comes without that lip, the guys a spec ops mill it off for ya.
offset sight rail or raised site rail. offset ftw because raising it will be blocked by the hopper.
any from spec ops will work

Doesn't the spec ops A5-A2 w/the dura coat come with an e-grip?

If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

official smart parts owner #93

#28 User is offline   SNIPER-MAN-JONES 

• MAD-MAN-JONES
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MAD-MAN-JONES

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:16 PM

i just got mine today...right when i took it out of the box i was impressed.i already have 2 A5s but they were old and i wanted the new A5-A2..it has a cool new finish more rough...and it has new clear cyclone insides which i thought were cool..the new stock barrel doesn't have ports but who cares...it is super loud with the stock barrel though but isn't bad with accuracy..ive only tested it in my yard but plan to play with it soon..i might post another review...the groove in the stock doesnt do much because you still cant see down the sight with a mask...but it helps...i love the gun overall
and it feels sweet to hold..i put my old MP5 mag and my E-grip on it so it looks sweet and shoots great...anyways..i recommend this gun to anyone i love it and you will to :D
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

Official Sabre #888

#29 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

I <3 necroposting! Just over 2 years!
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users