• You cannot reply to this topic

HPA conversion Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   heli_pilot88 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:1Shot_1Kill

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:19 PM

I have a few questions about compressed air propellant, firstly, I have seen that I can order a low or high pressure tank, how do i know which one to get. Also, is a nitrous tank the same as a compressed air tank? And which is a good tank to look at, I dont want to spend too much and im not trigger happy so i dont need a huge one. Also, what is the most common pressure rating on fill up station on fields, 3000 or 4500? Thanks

#2 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:21 PM

Get a high pressure tank. Can work with all guns. LP is for..... I have no clue

More common is 3000

There the same n2=hpa

I say get a 45/3000

Fv2

This post has been edited by Fusion V2: 11 June 2007 - 06:22 PM

Hello everybody. Im back.

#3 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:24 PM

Low or High refer to the output pressure of the tank. You want one that's at or above the operating pressure of your marker (Low - 450psi, High - 850psi).
Nitrous is not used in paintball the person is referring to nitrogen (Nitro) tanks. Which will work since air is made of 70% nitrogen. As for most common would have to be 3000psi fill stations but check with local fields to see what they are equipped to handle.

#4 User is offline   Spectre014 

• {ŞРĚĊŦŖĚ}014
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPECTRE 014

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:37 PM

A good, cheap tank to look at would be the Pure Energy 48/3000
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

#5 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:43 PM

All low pressure markers have regulators to regulate them down. It's better to get a high pressure tank that will work with all markers than a low pressure tank that will only work with a few high end markers.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#6 User is offline   Vrysius 

• Fire breathing dragon?
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Vrysius

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:45 PM

I would get the nitro duck 68/3000 on the specops store. It has an adjustable output, so if you have a high pressure gun, and get a low pressure gun, you don't have to buy another tank. I would say get carbon fiber over steel, it is way lighter and is worth the extra money, especially if you are running with it on your gun.

#7 User is offline   P 1 IVI P 1 N G 

• Team Stealth Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:P 1 IVI P 1 N G

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:57 PM

View PostVrysius, on Jun 11 2007, 09:45 PM, said:

I would get the nitro duck 68/3000 on the specops store. It has an adjustable output, so if you have a high pressure gun, and get a low pressure gun, you don't have to buy another tank. I would say get carbon fiber over steel, it is way lighter and is worth the extra money, especially if you are running with it on your gun.

As long as it doesn't explode, that's a good idea. I'd rather have steel and feel safe, though.

-Andrew
Every time somebody shoots at someone who isn't wearing a mask, someone drowns a sack of puppies.
Every time somebody purposely overshoots someone, a dolphin is harpooned and eaten alive.
Every time somebody wipes, a family of bunnies gets run over by a Steamroller. That's why they have to reproduce so fast. Theoretically, that's how dinosaurs became extinct.

Team Stealth Official Site---HEMOG

#8 User is offline   Vrysius 

• Fire breathing dragon?
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Vrysius

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:01 PM

When has a fibre wrapped tank exploded? I have never heard of that, and if it did, then it wasn't because it was fibre wrapped. There is also aluminum in the fibre wrapped tanks, but the aluminum alone isn't strong enough to hold all the psi. So feel safe, and save yourself 10 pounds.

#9 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:23 PM

It's happened once or twice, when a bottle was not properly made and the tank was abused by the owner. Basically, it takes a combination of the two for the tank to explode.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 11 June 2007 - 08:57 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#10 User is offline   llama_rider 

• all aboard the short bus!
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:27 PM

Angels only take LP.
"Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt."-Sun Tzu

Vanilla Coke is back from the DEAD!!!!!!!! ♥

Stay Updated on Jim(from APE)'s Cancer

#11 User is offline   Pwnt 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pwnt

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:12 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jun 11 2007, 07:23 PM, said:

It's happened once or twice, when a bottle was not properly made and the tank was abused by the owner. Basically, it takes a combination of the two for the tank to explode.

Wouldn't it actually only take the second? Because a HPA tank is hydrotested to withstand pressures greatly exceeding the marked pressure right? So if its made it through initial hydro, I'm pretty sure it was "properly made." Only subsequent user abuse could possibly cause the tank to fail..

#12 User is offline   Ciderbarrel 

• "Crazy Eyes"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ciderbarrel

Posted 12 June 2007 - 01:27 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jun 11 2007, 10:23 PM, said:

Wouldn't the burst disk have to fail too?

#13 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:00 AM

View PostCiderbarrel, on Jun 12 2007, 03:27 AM, said:

View PostWardenWolf, on Jun 11 2007, 10:23 PM, said:

Wouldn't the burst disk have to fail too?

No the burst disk only goes when the pressure inside the tank goes above a certain level. A tank will only rupture if roughly or mis handled causing a weak spot where the pressure inside the tank to rupture.

#14 User is offline   Meyou 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Meyou

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:30 AM

View Postllama_rider, on Jun 12 2007, 06:27 AM, said:

Angels only take LP.

I have an Angel IR3. It takes HP. Get your facts right, only newer ones need LP, and the manuals state that their uppoermost limit is 850, which is HP, although I wouldn't like to try it.

4500 PSI tanks are tested to 8000 PSI. Their burst Disks are set to 7000 PSI or therabouts.

3000 PSI tanks are tested to 5000 PSI. Their Burst Disks are set to 4000 PSI or therabouts.

CO2 tanks, I have no clue where they're tested to, but their burst disks are set to 180 bar.

This post has been edited by Meyou: 12 June 2007 - 06:34 AM

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Tenacious Needs YOU! | WDR
Aspie 'Baller

#15 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2007 - 07:10 AM

View PostMeyou, on Jun 12 2007, 08:30 AM, said:

View Postllama_rider, on Jun 12 2007, 06:27 AM, said:

Angels only take LP.

I have an Angel IR3. It takes HP. Get your facts right, only newer ones need LP, and the manuals state that their uppoermost limit is 850, which is HP, although I wouldn't like to try it.

4500 PSI tanks are tested to 8000 PSI. Their burst Disks are set to 7000 PSI or therabouts.

3000 PSI tanks are tested to 5000 PSI. Their Burst Disks are set to 4000 PSI or therabouts.

CO2 tanks, I have no clue where they're tested to, but their burst disks are set to 180 bar.

Be sure to CHECK what your burst disks are rated to there's more than just 3 types. There's also 500, 1K, 2k, 3K, 5K, 6K and 8k burst disks just for HPA use. There's also several for CO2. HPA burst disks have it stamped right on the plug that holds them in place.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users