• You cannot reply to this topic

My pet peeves. for newbies and not so newbies Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#16 User is offline   Pwnt 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Pwnt

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:24 PM

One major thing is returning borrowed equipment ON TIME. >:ghillie:

If someone lets you borrow their stuff, try and return it in a timely manner! Your game might hvae been important to you, but your friend might have another insanely huge game the very next week or day, and just because you felt lazy and thought you'd return the equipment next you saw him, said friend has to miss a great day of play.

Its just inconsiderate to hold onto someone's gear for more than is needed.

#17 User is offline   Daeorn 

• Everywhere at Once
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:DAEORN

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

An add on to "when you borrow someones gear"... for the love of god, if you used it, clean it before returning it. I used to let friends use my gear all the time. Also, treat that gear as if it were your own 600 bucks you spent on it.

I expect everyone who uses my stuff to treat it with the utmost respect. When my stuff comes back to me dinged up, scratched or still filthy, you've just secured yourself to never use anything I own ever again. My brother does this, played with my PG-1 (pre pump pgp -rare-) and it came back dinged and messed up - and COVERED in paint and dirt.

Just treat someone's stuff that they've loaned you properly, no slaming it around or dropping it hard on tables. Really go out of your way to appriciate the kindness of them letting you use somehting. :)
"Don't worry about finding me, worry about me finding you."
Team Voodoo Scenario Paintball
"Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well."

#18 User is offline   Duk139 

• The antiGremlin now with n00b smiting action
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:twchDUK

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:11 PM

Assuming I have nothing better to do between games than fix other people's gear.

Not knowing how your maker works, then taking it appart for the first time on the field to try and fix it, then complaining when it won't fire anymore because you lost parts to it.

Not bringing right hex wrenches for a marker, and expecting to use my set every time at the chrony.

Talking about how great your marker is, and how amazing it is; really meaning "If I were to get a marker (instead of renting) and could put anything I wanted on it, here's what it would be..."

Offering to loaning equipment out to a noobie, knowing full well that it is falling appart.

#19 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:39 PM

View PostDVLCHLD, on Jun 24 2007, 12:58 PM, said:

THANK YOU SpedMDB ! I hope the new players listen to your advice. These players drive me crazy. Oh, and if anybody ever tried to take my marker out of my hands or rummage through my gear I'd have to smack 'em like the punk they are.

QFT you said it all DVL and Phantom (i want to see that happen to me if a kid try to grab my marker out of my hands lol)
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#20 User is offline   Top Dog Paintballer. 

• A1 steak sauce - Mmmmmmmmm.......Tangy!!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Top Dog Paintballer

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:18 PM

If you have some paint, but your too lazy to go get it, don't borrow someone elses. Just get off your butt and go get yours. And don't brag constantly about how awesome you are and how good your gun is. You might get whooped when you play and then they will make fun of you. lol i would

oh, and definately dont steal painballs. One time me and my friend had bags of our paintballs stolen by other players. We dont know who did it but it ticked us off.

This post has been edited by Top Dog Paintballer.: 26 June 2007 - 01:20 PM

Official Sabre #108 - Yea, I'm a Christian 'baller

#21 User is offline   Kalishnakov 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Kalishnakov

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:36 PM

Phantom.

First question. How old was the kid?

Second question. If he was your age or older, why didn't you knock him out?

#22 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:38 PM

View PostKalishnakov, on Jun 28 2007, 12:36 AM, said:

Phantom.

First question. How old was the kid?

Second question. If he was your age or older, why didn't you knock him out?

Because that would be rash, immature and probably end the day of play for you!

I have a new Pet Peeve, People that make off topic comments in a thread that belong in a PM. :nododgy:

Thats the kind of stuff that belongs in a PM not in a thread about Pet Peeves. If you have one, great edit it in above and lets stay on topic.
The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

#23 Guest_ANC297_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:17 PM

great post

#24 User is offline   Recon_Sniper 

• Yesss 3 blocks
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Recon_Sniper

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:12 PM

One thing to add. If you go for a day of walk-on, and you ask a group if you can play with them, no means no. It really ticks me off when I see 10 year old kids begging some guys at the field where I play to join their birthday party. If someone says no thanks, don't go talk to the manager or your parents because you would not like someone doing that to you.

Great post BTW

#25 User is offline   trustme 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tippywoodsballin

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:36 PM

My biggest pet peeve is when your friends come unprepared. they dont bring enough money or paintballs. The one that really makes me mad is when a friend shows up and the games about to start says "I havent filled my co2 tank"
Just come prepared and everybodies day is better
setups=BT TM-7, Double Trigger, Lapco 12" apex ready, Apex barrel, Rotor
Infinity legend, 68/45, cp reg, new designz asa

#26 User is offline   Mace203 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Captain Mace

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:46 PM

I got one; Stop asking me to fix every freakin thing on your marker. Some guys at my field will beg me to take apart and clean their stuff because they don't know how.

Learn how to use your gear before taking it to the field.
Edit:(Oops, already mentioned, still relevant though)

Another thing; Clean your gear the day before you play. A guy on my team pulls out his 98 Custom and pops off the the cyclone feed, and finds, to his horror, the entire inside is covered in orange goo. And not just the cyclone, but the internals of his marker too. Now, being the captain of our team, I had a spare ready for him, but if I hadn't he would have been our designated meat shield.

So check and clean your stuff. It only takes about 15 min. after you do it a few times.

This post has been edited by Mace203: 28 June 2007 - 07:01 PM

#27 User is offline   Hannabel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:26 PM

My paintball pet peeve is those people who freak out if the get shot more than once. You are playing a game which is centered solely around shoot/be shot EXPECT TO BE SHOT. I mean sure completely liting someone up isn't cool and/or necessary but people usually fire in volleys of two or three rounds, don't flip out if you get hit more than once!

#28 User is offline   ZombieAtak 

• Settle it the old fasioned way, first guy to die LOSES!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZombieAtak

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:21 AM

View PostHannabel, on Jun 29 2007, 01:26 AM, said:

My paintball pet peeve is those people who freak out if the get shot more than once. You are playing a game which is centered solely around shoot/be shot EXPECT TO BE SHOT. I mean sure completely liting someone up isn't cool and/or necessary but people usually fire in volleys of two or three rounds, don't flip out if you get hit more than once!

On the same note, if you get hit, get the heck out of there! If I see you keep popping your head up with no indication that you are, in fact, out, I'm going to assume you are playing on and i'm going to keep shooting. Let everyone know that you're out, yell, wave your hands in the air, people will give you a second to get out of the way.

Also, people who get mad when they get hit with stray shots while leaving the feild. It happens, it wasn't intentional. It would happen less if you didn't just waltz through the middle a 20 man firefight.

Another thing, I know not all newbies carry a squeegie on the feild, in fact almost none do, but if we are in a bunker and I lend you my squeegie to clean out your barrel, please, hand it back to me, meaning put it in my hand. Don't say thanks, then toss it in the dirt while you go back to making barrel soup.

Some short advice for the new players that will keep the vets from being annoyed with you. Most is just common sense.

1. Say please and thank you.
2. If you don't own it, don't touch it.
3. If you borrow it, take better care of it than you would if you owned it.
4. If you should borrow something, be prepared to pay for it if you break it.
5. Don't ask dumb questions that you'd already know the answer to if you read the rules. Like, "Can we use full-auto?"
6. If a vet takes you under their wing, as many of us do, pay attention, you will learn something.
7. Don't pick up paintballs off of the ground and put them in a borrowed/rental marker. Even if you just dropped them.
8. Bring your own water.
9. Don't EVER give someone lip for telling you to get your mask on. They are telling you for your own good.
10. For pete's sake, bring enough money to cover yourself. We work hard for our cash and we like to help people, but it aint a charity.
11. At the risk of angering some people here: Please don't say something like, "I'm the Sniper" and hang out in the back of the feild waiting for someone to wander your way.
12. If you are just starting out, leave the planning to the experienced players. Chances are your plan won't work and they know this because they have tried it before.
13. Read the instruction manual for your marker before you start fiddling with it. I have spent too many games sitting out because some kid didn't read the manual, didn't oil his marker, and now all the O-rings are shot.
14. In regards to #13, if we are fixing your stuff, don't ask to borrow ours so you can go play while we sit out and work on your stuff for free.
15. If someone gives you a pod of paint because you're empty in a game, find them in the staging area or before the next game and return the pod, with paint to cover the ammo that you borrowed. Paint isn't cheap.
16. Dead men don't talk, except to other dead men.
17. If you are new, and you're talking and no one else is, you are talking too much.
18. Do not mouth off to the reffs, no matter how wrong you think they are. This makes you look like a brat/jerk/sore loser.
19. Teammates do not like to be shot in the back of the head, check your targets.
20. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down.
21. Do not wipe, EVER. We HATE cheaters with a passion.

This post has been edited by ZombieAtak: 29 June 2007 - 07:22 AM

ZombieAtak's Feedback
2nd Place: Outdoor Adventures AFFM Tournament 10/19/2008
Most Valuable Team: OA, Bowie, MD; Battle of the Bulge V 12/14/2008; Kobra Kommand II 3/15/09; Coffee Wars III 6/14/09

#29 User is offline   J.W.Pepper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:27 AM

i agree with all the posts about letting people borrow equipment. ive got two spare guns and i dont have a problem trying to get someone into the sport by lettingthem use it but i have this one kid whos been borrowing my gun to play for like 2 months now. i also cant stand that yeah its my gear and im letting you use it but that doesnt mean you have the rights to everything and anything in my duffel. it always starts out small like some extra paint or an oring and then turns into grenades and masks. this dude is running around with my fanned mask while im fogging up in a viewloader. The best part about it is that he always talks about the team he is making with his friends from school. Well, i guess i should just assume im going to be asked onto the team eventually since i supply him with all his gear.
South Eastern Pennsylvannia Paintball Community www.sepapaintball.com
T-E-A-M R-A-G-N-A-R-O-K WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS...
www.teamragnarok.com
SPONSORS:
http://www.WDP.tv| http://www.JtSports.com| http://www.FogTech.com| http://www.Jassepaintball.com| http://www.HooahBar.com| http://www.HoffmanPaintball.com| http://www.StrategyPlus.com

#30 User is offline   H3 Proto 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:00 AM

And when I set my marker down in the staging area, don't pick it up and start playing with it...

-Warrior

Share this topic:

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users