Special Ops Paintball: what position would you consider me? - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

what position would you consider me? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Urban_Warfare 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: 23-October 07
  • Location:Washington, Spokane
  • Brigade Name:Urban_Warfare

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:13 PM

as you can tell from my avatar, i have a gun that is used more for heavy rifleman, but positions i normally play during a game is the flanker, support, and rusher (basically playing as a front player)
0

#2 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

  • one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,650
  • Joined: 14-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:left coast
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:23 PM

I'd consider you a standard run of the mill paintball player.

Don't worry about positions, and if you do, don't worry about them until you're on a team and you need to organize what each is best at.


And NEVER let your marker dictate your position. I can keep plenty of heads down with a pump, so am I a hammer for making lotsa people duck or a dagger for having a light, low paint usage setup?
0

#3 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

  • Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 725
  • Joined: 11-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:San Diego
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:33 PM

View Postaqua_scummm, on Apr 27 2008, 09:23 PM, said:

I'd consider you a standard run of the mill paintball player.

Don't worry about positions, and if you do, don't worry about them until you're on a team and you need to organize what each is best at.


And NEVER let your marker dictate your position. I can keep plenty of heads down with a pump, so am I a hammer for making lotsa people duck or a dagger for having a light, low paint usage setup?


+1 to all that
0

#4 User is offline   Urban_Warfare 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: 23-October 07
  • Location:Washington, Spokane
  • Brigade Name:Urban_Warfare

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:47 PM

alright cool, in that case i'd be more of a dagger/sabare because i normally only use about 2000 paintballs for a 5-7 hour game, but i use full auto
0

#5 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

  • Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,759
  • Joined: 01-March 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Methuen, Ma
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:36 PM

If you are using full auto then you aren't playing on regualr fields, most likely outlaw. Almost no field allows full auto....
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page
0

#6 User is offline   tnert 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 221
  • Joined: 07-August 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:indiana
  • Brigade Name:tnert

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

gun doesent make your position. and that would be a sabre caus you do a bit of everything.

if we cant do it. it doesent need to be done
official sabre #132
Team Evasive Action
my amazing sponser pbsports.com
0

#7 User is offline   motoguy1251 

  • Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,517
  • Joined: 11-April 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Big Rapids MI
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:50 PM

I would place you as a paintball player due to the fact that your on here and own a marker.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more
0

#8 User is offline   outlaw-master 

  • Money..Women..Fame
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 991
  • Joined: 24-April 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago
  • Brigade Name:outlaw-master

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:50 PM

I'm thinking you're more of the light infantry type maybe even heavy.
<div align="center"><img src="http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm220/outlaw-master/logo234.jpg" border="0" class="linked-sig-image" /></div>
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF00FF--><span style="color:#FF00FF"><!--/coloro-->Lick<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--> My<!--coloro:#2E8B57--><span style="color:#2E8B57"><!--/coloro--> Face!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=167638&hl=" target="_blank">Feedback</a><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
0

#9 User is offline   kingcheese 

  • your face
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 194
  • Joined: 24-January 08
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:23 AM

i've been told alot not to worry about the names

names are just away for specops to make money by making you think you have to have certian things
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done
0

#10 User is offline   murdercrow 

  • Threadkiller Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 304
  • Joined: 19-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Laramie
  • Brigade Name:MurderCrow

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:58 AM

View Postkingcheese, on May 1 2008, 03:23 AM, said:

names are just away for specops to make money by making you think you have to have certian things


That's just unfair and incorrect. It's been established time and again that the POSITIONS are meant to be a fast, easy way of identifying a player's style to best utilize them in a TEAM situation. If you're running around playing one on one yammering about how you're a "Hammer," you're more concerned with talking about paintball than actually playing, but if you're telling a Commander that you like to shoot a lot, but are kind of sneaky, but are very fast, blah blah blah, he's gonna tell you to just find something to do.

Urban, Sabre seems to be the most versatile, all-purpose position. Tell your Commander you're a Saber until you figure it out more for yourself, I guess.
Automaggot! Paintballin' Punk! "Purple Rambo over here...!"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
0

#11 User is offline   SGT Havoc 

  • SGT Havoc
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 142
  • Joined: 28-April 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:massachusetes
  • Brigade Name:SGT Havoc

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:40 PM

if your using 2000 rounds for a 7 hour day then your probably ether saber or broad sword but like the others said dont worry about till your on ann organized team
"Tippmanns are the AK-47s of paintball, Do what ever you want to them they WILL WORK!
Official Broadsword #88

i call her Vera
25 bps
0

#12 User is offline   Urban_Warfare 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 35
  • Joined: 23-October 07
  • Location:Washington, Spokane
  • Brigade Name:Urban_Warfare

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:19 PM

i am on a team. i tryed playing dagger, and i wasn't very fond of it, i don't like the thought that paintballs are coming from both directions, and i'm not used to being the main person who is being targeted
0

#13 User is offline   kingcheese 

  • your face
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 194
  • Joined: 24-January 08
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

View Postmurdercrow, on May 1 2008, 03:58 AM, said:

View Postkingcheese, on May 1 2008, 03:23 AM, said:

names are just away for specops to make money by making you think you have to have certian things


That's just unfair and incorrect. It's been established time and again that the POSITIONS are meant to be a fast, easy way of identifying a player's style to best utilize them in a TEAM situation. If you're running around playing one on one yammering about how you're a "Hammer," you're more concerned with talking about paintball than actually playing, but if you're telling a Commander that you like to shoot a lot, but are kind of sneaky, but are very fast, blah blah blah, he's gonna tell you to just find something to do.

Urban, Sabre seems to be the most versatile, all-purpose position. Tell your Commander you're a Saber until you figure it out more for yourself, I guess.



i ment that the names like broadsword make you want to buy a patch that says broadsword, not that the names don't hold any meaning at all, becuase they do

but how many people do you now that follows there job description

tell your commander that you can do well at certian things like suppression or ambushing, then he nows where to put you at to be most effective, but keep it limited to what you do best
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users