Special Ops Paintball: Empire Trracer - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Empire Trracer Thoughts... Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Empire Trracer (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Thoughts on the Empire Trracer

1. Great (4 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. Good (5 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

3. Neutral (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

4. Not very good (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Terrible (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

Hey, I was just wondering what you guys thought about the Empire Trracer. My friend is starting up a pump team and he really wanted me to join. Now, I dont have a pump but I have always liked playing with a pump. They are fun and accurate. My friend sent me a link to this gun on ANS Gear for $119.95 and that is right in my price range. Ive seen some videos of it shooting on youtube and I like what I see. But, I havent been on here for a long time and figured I would just see what you guys thought.
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#2 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

I have one. It's got a really large bore stock barrel, so you really need something like a Python kit or a barrel kit to handle smaller bore paints.

Otherwise, it's really great. Reasonably priced, fairly consistent with HPA (I had +/- 5 FPS with really tiny bore paint and a Python kit sized as best as I could)

It's a Nelson valve design, so really lightweight and extremely simple mechanically speaking.

Is it the best pump in the world? Not exactly. But it's great for the price tag.
Member of Team Akkadian

#3 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:11 PM

View PostThalion, on 01 February 2011 - 03:02 PM, said:

I have one. It's got a really large bore stock barrel, so you really need something like a Python kit or a barrel kit to handle smaller bore paints.

Otherwise, it's really great. Reasonably priced, fairly consistent with HPA (I had +/- 5 FPS with really tiny bore paint and a Python kit sized as best as I could)

It's a Nelson valve design, so really lightweight and extremely simple mechanically speaking.

Is it the best pump in the world? Not exactly. But it's great for the price tag.

What paint do you use because it has a .68 stock barrel? Im just wondering because .68 might be perfect, ill have to check my paint cause I cant remember right off hand. Just curious what paint you use...

#4 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

View PostMinnesota Sn1p3r, on 01 February 2011 - 04:11 PM, said:

What paint do you use because it has a .68 stock barrel? Im just wondering because .68 might be perfect, ill have to check my paint cause I cant remember right off hand. Just curious what paint you use...

In the context of that situation, Air Assault field paint. I think it was Marbs.

Per the manual, the Trracer stock barrel bore is .688

I was using the .683 from my Python to try and handle the rollouts.
Member of Team Akkadian

#5 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

http://forum.special...pic=184599&st=0

GREAT bang for your buck!

This post has been edited by sousey: 01 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

#6 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:10 AM

View PostMinnesota Sn1p3r, on 01 February 2011 - 05:11 PM, said:

most likely your paint is smaller then .688. I rarely see paint bigger then .680 nowadays. Most are just above .670. It is really sad how small paint is nowadays.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#7 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

View Postsousey, on 01 February 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

http://forum.special...pic=184599&st=0

GREAT bang for your buck!

Thanks for the link! B)

#8 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:24 PM

Smooth pump stroke, simple design. I just didn't like the handling/ergonomics, but then again i'm used to shooting my Autococker pump
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#9 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:49 PM

Spend the extra $50 for a phantom. You'll end up buying one anyways. Plus with swappable feeds/bodies you can have two styles of setup cheap.

Krazy8, a moderator here, can save you a decent amount of money off of what the prices online are. I would PM him if I were you.

edit: Seriously, if you enjoy playing pump, at some point, you will own a phantom. Fact #12 of the paintball snapple caps.

This post has been edited by aqua_scummm: 30 April 2011 - 01:51 PM

#10 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 30 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

Well, for what it's worth, I've owned...3? I dunno, a few Phantoms, and I couldn't get the feel for them. Sheridans for life.

The Trracer is a really good gun for the price, though. I personally like the use of the BT standard hopper adapter, you can use hoppers, SA-18 springfeeds, if you buy a Phantom feedgate and take out the spring it's a rock 'n cock...hell, you can Rip Clip it if you want. Plus, while the Phantom thread is the best one around, the number of Phantom barrels out there is pretty slim-all things considered, I'd rather have a 'Cocker thread. Plus, if you like the tactical look, the Trracer shoots just as well for less money and looks better.

#11 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

Yeah, I'm not saying everyone will love the phantom, but everyone owns one at some point in their pump career.

#12 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

True, they're so cheap and so easy to sell that everybody grabs one at least once. The ones I got were on trade just to sell, you can basically use them as cash.

And, for the record, there's nothing wrong with Phantoms, I just don't like the feel of them. They just don't have a satisfying cock.

Hurr hurr, satisfying cock.

#13 User is offline   scurvy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SCURVY

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:47 PM

I use one as a backup and not to pump exclusively. When I do want to play pump, its nice and cheap now that I upgraded the barrel (lots of cocker barrels out there) and added a python kit to prevent rollouts. No problem using the python kit, but I would check the individual barrel before buying, just in case it conflicts with the pump action.
AMAT VICTORIA CURAM

#14 User is offline   Boomer14 

• Irregulators Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Durty Dan

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

I've had one for a few months now, but only really used it this last weekend at Supergame XLI. I loved it. I was using a .684 drilled hammerhead barrel on the small DXS paint, and it shot amazing with maybe 6 fps extreme spread on the chrono. I also had a vertical forgrip on the pump handle, and it made it really fun to use the autotrigger. I liked it so much that I bought a tacrail grip for my phantom too. Interestingly enough, I discovered the Tracer can mount a metadyne launcher on it. I used a 45 degree offset on the top rail, and it worked great until I broke the rear screw that holds the ASA to the grip frame. It isn't designed to hold that kind of weight on top. I will replace it with a better quality screw, and move the launcher further back on the gun next time I do that. It made a very handy setup for big game woodsball. The best of both a launcher and a fun pump gun too. An old school ASA threaded air through stock completed the setup. Incidentally, I was also using a Lapco dishka on the front of the hammerhead, and it made a satisfying crack every time it fired. Overall, the tacrails can let you do some interesting things to it. I give this pump a definate thumbs up.

This post has been edited by Boomer14: 03 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users