• You cannot reply to this topic

Team Name Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Cross-Aim 

• Cross-Aim
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:GT Condor

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:56 AM

Well as I posted in the Newbie section, Im new to the woodsball/scenario scene but I am in love with the game and I cant wait. But I have also had in mind starting up a team. It was funny that I was outside yesterday, talking to my mom and for some odd reason my late grandfather came to mind. I have always been interested in the military, the gear, the tactical procedures til this day. I even had plans to join the Army after high school, but I remember that my grandfather had asked me not to join cause he didnt want me to go thru what he went through. Being close to my grandfather, I told him I wouldnt. But my enthusiasm for the military stuck around. Anyways, in honor of my grandfather who served with the 75th Division of the Army and fought at the Battle of the Bulge, I will be creating a team under the name of Cross-Aim. Hes real name is Cruz, which means Cross in spanish. And I added Aim due to aiming the marker at the opponent. I know that many will not find this entertaining or interesting but I thought I would just put it out there.

Rest In Peace "Papa" Cruz.

Snakeyes80

#2 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:58 AM

nice.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#3 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

A name with a meaning! I like it!!!

#4 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:33 AM

Agreed. The fact that the name matters to you & isn't something copied from the latest video game is a nice touch.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#5 User is offline   Cross-Aim 

• Cross-Aim
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:04 AM

I have been putting some thought into this.
And I am glad to see that yall respect my decision and like the name. Trust me a lot of ideas for team names came up but it just dawned on me yesterday. Now, I know I know a little fast but I have come up with a design for a patch that hopefully I can wear when I play my first BIG scenario game in November. I'll try to laod an image of it later.

#6 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:blackrain's aftermath

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

I was in the 75th Division. It is now a training unit that teaches Soldiers how to live in Combat. Lots of History in the unit. I see your Grandfather had a Hispanic last name. That Division is RICH in Hispanic Heritage. So you picked a good Division. PM me in a few days,and I'll see if I can't find one of my Old Patches to send to you.
Later,
Blackrain:)

#7 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

View Postblackrain, on 18 October 2010 - 05:33 PM, said:

I was in the 75th Division. It is now a training unit that teaches Soldiers how to live in Combat. Lots of History in the unit. I see your Grandfather had a Hispanic last name. That Division is RICH in Hispanic Heritage. So you picked a good Division. PM me in a few days,and I'll see if I can't find one of my Old Patches to send to you.
Later,

That's an awesome gesture Blackrain! KUDOS to you!!!

#8 User is offline   Cross-Aim 

• Cross-Aim
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

Later,

Blackrain...thank you very much. I kind of recall that my Grandfather did say something about the 75th Division being made up of alot of Hispanics. I have to pullout a file that he created for me and read it again. This just makes me more honored to use the name Cross-Aim as my team name, even if Im playing solo for now. But this also makes me want to do more research on this. And if you do find a patch to send me, I will be honored as well to wear it on my first big scenario game, if you allow me the permission to.

Thanks again Blackrain.

Snakeyes80

#9 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

Definitely one of the better names I've seen for a team.
Which game are you looking at going to in November?

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#10 User is offline   Cross-Aim 

• Cross-Aim
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

View PostPirate, on 18 October 2010 - 10:40 PM, said:

Definitely one of the better names I've seen for a team.
Which game are you looking at going to in November?

Thanks Pirate.

I'll be playing at DFW Adventure Park on November 13-14 for "We Were Soldiers V". Im actually going to the same field this coming weekend for the first time to get a look at it and play on a walk on game.

#11 User is offline   Cross-Aim 

• Cross-Aim
  • PipPip

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:27 AM

I just wanted to say thanks to all the positive feedback on the name I chose to use for the team I will be working on developing. With all these positive feedbacks, I am getting alot of other ideas, that will bring the paintball scene into the eyes of the community.
I hope to have a logo done soon. I have already sketched out a preliminary version of the logo and have sent it off to a friend of mine who works in the field of graphic designing. Hopefully I will have something by the end of the week, depending on how soon he gets it back to me.

#12 User is offline   CdnNinja 

• The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:16 AM

Great name. So much better since it has meaning to you.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:57 AM

View Postsnakeyes80, on 18 October 2010 - 10:08 PM, said:

Later,

Blackrain...thank you very much. I kind of recall that my Grandfather did say something about the 75th Division being made up of alot of Hispanics. I have to pullout a file that he created for me and read it again. This just makes me more honored to use the name Cross-Aim as my team name, even if Im playing solo for now. But this also makes me want to do more research on this. And if you do find a patch to send me, I will be honored as well to wear it on my first big scenario game, if you allow me the permission to.

Thanks again Blackrain.

Snakeyes80

I can't say no to you wearing the patch. Just wear it with respect,that's all I ask. As far as being a one man team,there is nothing wrong with that. I've been a one man team for almost 23 yrs. It's great. I was a one man tean at the last Super Game in Oregon. I'm not very good and I'm old,but I still have fun doing it.

I'd really like to say more of what the 75th Div. does,but we are on open net. Might look them up on line.

I'll look up the MOTO for the Div. It's been so long since I was last in it.
Later,

#14 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:01 PM

View Postblackrain, on 19 October 2010 - 12:57 PM, said:

View Postsnakeyes80, on 18 October 2010 - 10:08 PM, said:

Later,

Thanks again Blackrain.

Snakeyes80

I can't say no to you wearing the patch. Just wear it with respect,that's all I ask. As far as being a one man team,there is nothing wrong with that. I've been a one man team for almost 23 yrs. It's great. I was a one man tean at the last Super Game in Oregon. I'm not very good and I'm old,but I still have fun doing it.

I'd really like to say more of what the 75th Div. does,but we are on open net. Might look them up on line.

I'll look up the MOTO for the Div. It's been so long since I was last in it.
Later,

A little history link:

http://www.globalsec...cy/army/75d.htm

Later,
Blackrain

#15 User is offline   blackrain 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:04 PM

View PostMOATI, on 18 October 2010 - 05:37 PM, said:

Later,

That's an awesome gesture Blackrain! KUDOS to you!!!

No problem. Just don't shoot me at the next Super game and we'll call it "All Good". I was also in the 101st Airbourne,8th ID,3/11 ACR,6hrs in the 82nd. To many of those traditional combat Divisions lol.
Later,

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users