• You cannot reply to this topic

Selling stuff Used DVDs and Games Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Goldenhand

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:05 AM

Ok, this is in the lounge because I'm not looking to sell on here, I'm looking for a chain I can go to. I've heard of places other then gamestop that don't rip you off so hard, anyone know of any in new england? I've got a few PS3 games, a blu-ray DVD and a regular DVD to sell.

So basically, where can I sell used stuff other then gamestop? I need cash today.

Fox urine nothing! I would rent an elephant from the local circus and give it a massive dose of ex-lax. I would then proceed to "cork it" with an attached string so when the kids show up KABLOOEE!!!!!! See if their parents can sue an elephant for defacating! -ZZaque

#2 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:16 AM

Pawn shops are about your only other choice.

Also, as a Gamestop (Well, EBGames, but same company), I have to say that we're not ripping you off. We give out good money for popular games-stuff like Call of Duty 4 trades in for $40 of credit. You have to look at a few factors-one, how many we have and two, how likely we are to sell it. I don't care if you bought some random Gamecube game for $40 a few years ago, we're going to give you $3 for it because, honestly, it's got a snowball's chance in hell of selling! Whereas a used copy of Call of Duty 4 or GTA 4 or whatever will be off the shelf that same day many times.

And don't even get me started on all the people who thinks we'll do straight-across trades...THAT TINKLEes me off. Seriously, how dumb do you have to be?

#3 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:18 AM

Well it's dumb to me because I know I can walk in with my copy of the orange box, Armored core 4, MGS4, COD4, Assassins creed, Kingdom of Heaven (blu-ray), and Transformers on DVD and come out with MAYBE $60 cash. When that's like $160 of stuff....

Fox urine nothing! I would rent an elephant from the local circus and give it a massive dose of ex-lax. I would then proceed to "cork it" with an attached string so when the kids show up KABLOOEE!!!!!! See if their parents can sue an elephant for defacating! -ZZaque

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:30 AM

Well if you really need money and can travel I know a place that needs a kidney (B positive.) Puz is the main distributor but he checked his freezer and he's out of spare parts.

#5 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:35 AM

View PostGoldenhand, on Jul 19 2008, 10:18 AM, said:

Well it's dumb to me because I know I can walk in with my copy of the orange box, Armored core 4, MGS4, COD4, Assassins creed, Kingdom of Heaven (blu-ray), and Transformers on DVD and come out with MAYBE $60 cash. When that's like $160 of stuff....

MGS4 alone oughta pull in $30, and COD4 and Assassin's Creed would probably be another $40. I think you oughta go try.... unless you already DID go try, in which case yeah, you're getting ripped off.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#6 User is offline   Epic_Fail 

• The Mad King
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*hug*

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

ebay?
How'd you do that, sexy? - Becc asking me a question.

Aaron: Alcohol sucks balls. / Fen: No, that's what I do. / Me - Fen sucks balls! / Fen - Only yours Epic.

#7 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:16 AM

I would ebay but I need money today.

The problem with MGS4 and COD4 is that the case for COD4 is missing, and the Manual is missing for MGS4 plus the case is cracked.

I might stop by later just to see what they'll give me. If I can get like around $90 I'll take it, otherwise I'll just ebay it and find money somewhere else.

#8 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:21 PM

don't ever sell games/movies to EB games/gamestop. That is just giving them your stuff for nothing. God they will buy everything off you for $5 and then sell it for $35 as soon as you turn around. It's dumb. If you have time sell them online or ebay, you will get more than from EB or gamestop anytime. They rape you horribly. They make their money on used stuff. Buying it from you for nothing then turning around and marking that up 700% and selling it back to the next guy. Don't bother with them.

If you need cash fast, then Newbury Comics does lets you trade in, but like GS and EB they won't give you good amount for the stuff. If you want market value you need to take time and sell it on ebay or online forums.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#9 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:46 PM

I don't know if it's just local to where I am but Slackers is good (at least here...) with trade-ins for cash... I sold some random stuff for Gamecube and got about half back ($25 for James Bond, $20 for random Call of Duty games...)- this was when the gamecube was latest generation... so yeah, I think you're getting ripped off...
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#10 User is offline   light-u-up 

• Everybody needs seizures!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:light-u-up

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:54 PM

I sold about 45 games on craigslist about a month back. Didn't make too much on it, but I havnt touched the games in 3-5 years. So I just kept my madden and sold the rest.

#11 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:57 PM

As a former GameStop employee, it's basically how a pawn shop would normally do it, give or take depending on how rare the item is and dependant of it's chances of selling, via by ratings and demands, and to be honest, I didn't like much of our policies as well. Customers who go to pawn shops normally only get 1/3 the original amount they bought it for, as well as GameStop gets only 1/3 of it for restocking and re-shelving because it has become second hand, to cover warranty issues should the game have if it were by chance tampered with. We can't ever sell the game you sold to us at full price anymore because of that. plus we have to offer an extended warranty instead of the 7 day return deal. We also negate the total by whats missing, damages to the cd, no manual, no case, etc. I can't recall where the last 1/3 goes.
but at the same time, for those games we have demands on, we often receive special banners offer more $ for so and so games, plus you get excluded out of the tax deal should you trade a game in with $ to get a new game, This doesn't work with game consoles however. I know it sucks, but your better off taking the time to sell it online or somewhere.

have you tried CD exchange, they don't offer much as well, but it's a try, in reality, unless if it's a collector item, you're not gonna get much back much for it.
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#12 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:13 AM

I ended up getting like $80somethin bucks. I'm bringing 4 360 controllers and 2 PS3 controllers in next lol :P

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users