• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

pump haters... not aplying to me... Rate Topic: **--- 4 Votes

#61 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:47 AM

AaronC, on Sep 2 2008, 07:59 AM, said:

Why I'm becoming a pump hater:

Q: I'm trying to decide between an Ego or a Cyborg which one should I get?

A#1: Yuck batteries!!!
A#2: Buy a pump and save money on paint.
A#3: Pump makes you a better player!
A#4: Playing pump cures male pattern baldness
A#5: You should get a pump because a bunch of people you don't know said to buy a pump.

that ones actually true.....

but honestly, the only time ive ever seen something like that is when someone posted:

"hmm....i dont know what to get, i have $250 and i want a nice set-up"

but i have never seen this when someone asks between two non-pump markers.....but if you could prove me wrong ide love to see it...

This post has been edited by Cesar: 02 September 2008 - 07:47 AM

#62 User is offline   LoD 

• Lord of Death
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:LoD

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:19 PM

I give huge props to those who play and are good at playing pump. I find it difficult to do and takes a good amount of skill. I will never bash a pump player. Not saying I'll ever become one either, though.

My Feedback Thread
"I look at it as an opportunity to bloody up the hammer some more. Especially now since I replaced the leather wrap and it needs to be worked in." - Puzuma

#63 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:23 PM

PUMP SUCKS YOU ALL SUCK SEMIS KICK butt YOU SHOULD GO BUY REAL GUNS LIKE SPYDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dodgy: wow I feel bad buttocks lol just kiddin
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#64 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:25 PM

Ethrealwolf, on Sep 2 2008, 01:18 AM, said:

ghost93, on Sep 1 2008, 08:36 PM, said:

Pump is pretty much the agg of woodsball.

This

Let me edit that to say, I don't hate pumps, or pump players. Personally I won't play pump, nor will I use it to 'improve my skills' because I prefer to practice how I play- and hacking off the not-insignificant amounts of weight from my marker won't help me in the long run. But I have no problem with people that prefer to play with pumps or anything. I do hate the attitude many pump players (even some here) seem to have where, just by dint of the fact that they play pump, they are better players. It's more amusing when it's both something to hide behind ("well, of course you beat me, I'm using a pump!") and something to insult you with ("haha you just got beaten by a pump!"). Note that by amusing I mean agitating- it's like dealing with tippmann fanbois. actually, I figure both tippman fanbois and elitist pumpers are equally as bad.

Umm ya I wasn't saying that in a good way. I use an electro. And think pumps are way overrated.

#65 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:23 PM

ghost93, on Sep 2 2008, 03:25 PM, said:

This

Let me edit that to say, I don't hate pumps, or pump players. Personally I won't play pump, nor will I use it to 'improve my skills' because I prefer to practice how I play- and hacking off the not-insignificant amounts of weight from my marker won't help me in the long run. But I have no problem with people that prefer to play with pumps or anything. I do hate the attitude many pump players (even some here) seem to have where, just by dint of the fact that they play pump, they are better players. It's more amusing when it's both something to hide behind ("well, of course you beat me, I'm using a pump!") and something to insult you with ("haha you just got beaten by a pump!"). Note that by amusing I mean agitating- it's like dealing with tippmann fanbois. actually, I figure both tippman fanbois and elitist pumpers are equally as bad.

Umm ya I wasn't saying that in a good way. I use an electro. And think pumps are way overrated.

...have you even played with a pump for a significant amount of time in order to form your opinion....theres a reason people rant and rave about pumps....because they are FAR more exciting to use than a semi....and before you go off....yes i do play equally with both of them...

#66 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:29 PM

It seems that all the staffers are either Mag or pumpers. So it's hard to say we hate pumps.

I do hate when somebody asks which marker Ego or DM, then somebody says get a pump. THat's getting old.

#67 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:34 PM

Cesar, on Sep 2 2008, 01:23 PM, said:

This

...have you even played with a pump for a significant amount of time in order to form your opinion....theres a reason people rant and rave about pumps....because they are FAR more exciting to use than a semi....and before you go off....yes i do play equally with both of them...

I disagree. I find pump play boring and slow, compared to semi play.

and i know you didn't mean the agg of woodsball in a good way. I was agreeing.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#68 User is offline   ikill4n2 

• speedball ftw
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:alec

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:52 PM

. it aint that great playing pump i like having the option of throwing alot of paint down the feild if i want to

i played pump speedball before when i went on a vacation there where a bunch of pumpers at a feild and the let me use one of there pump guns it wasnt that fast paced the only good thing was i was used to runing through strings of 13.3 bps so i moved up pretty quickly.

This post has been edited by ikill4n2: 02 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

HK ARMY
i rock a shocker
roll guns not blunts
Alabamian #5
free agent

#69 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:02 PM

Cesar, on Sep 2 2008, 03:23 PM, said:

This

Yep. Sure have. They weren't good pumps but they were pumps none the less. I just didn't think it was as fun to have one or 2 balls flying at you every second. Or having to break aim after every shot. I think semi is FAR more exciting. And I'm tired of people saying to get a pump when someone comes on and asks what kind of electro to get.

#70 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:06 PM

AaronC, on Sep 2 2008, 05:59 AM, said:

Why I'm becoming a pump hater:

Q: I'm trying to decide between an Ego or a Cyborg which one should I get?

A#1: Yuck batteries!!!
A#2: Buy a pump and save money on paint.
A#3: Pump makes you a better player!
A#4: Playing pump cures male pattern baldness
A#5: You should get a pump because a bunch of people you don't know said to buy a pump.

This is why I play pump, so I can keep my luscious locks. :P

I haven't seen many comments like that, but I would be fairly irritated if I did.

<Insert Sig Here>

#71 User is offline   gorton-guy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:catso4

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:22 PM

I agree with legato, yea some pump players think that pumps are superior, but tippmann fanboys think that the x7 is the greatest gun ever made, and agglets think that you arn't good unless you have an ion with atleast $300 worth of upgrades in it. its a type of person, not the gun they use.

This post has been edited by gorton-guy: 02 September 2008 - 03:24 PM

#72 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:40 PM

gorton-guy, on Sep 2 2008, 06:22 PM, said:

its a type of person, not the gun they use.

Amen.
Aloha, Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#73 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:18 PM

ghost93, on Sep 2 2008, 04:02 PM, said:

Cesar, on Sep 2 2008, 03:23 PM, said:

This

Yep. Sure have. They weren't good pumps but they were pumps none the less. I just didn't think it was as fun to have one or 2 balls flying at you every second. Or having to break aim after every shot. I think semi is FAR more exciting. And I'm tired of people saying to get a pump when someone comes on and asks what kind of electro to get.

But, you're talking about playing with only pumpers. I play pump against semis and I've played against pumpers before and honestly I'd rather play against semis. It's much more fun. If every one used a pump I think it'd be kinda boring.
a.k.a. old_school_player (techpb), paintsoldier (MCB), paintsoldier8 (PbN)

#74 User is offline   the eggman 

• ninjadodjy is always watching you...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bake-bake

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:53 PM

^ agreed. pump vs. semi = awesome. pump vs. pump = lame

#75 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:59 PM

Well, pumps have kinda taken a back seat with me now since I discovered the wonderful world of 'mags. :huh: Anyway, imo, ever since pumps hit the mainstream there have been far too many so-called-pumpers being buttocks and giving every one else a bad rep. So, let bigons be bigons (whatever bigon are) and let's get on with paintball...er...I mean life.
a.k.a. old_school_player (techpb), paintsoldier (MCB), paintsoldier8 (PbN)

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users