update as of 10/4/08
Official Date is now Sunday, October 19th
Prices are as follows;
Admission- $15, free air/CO2

50cent 12g

Rental (gun + goggles)- $20

Rules:
Marker restrictions:
• A pump marker is defined as a marker that must be cocked manually before each shot
o Open class is permitted for this play; meaning a hopper and air/CO2 tank may be used
• A pistol is defined as a semi-automatic marker that is powered by 12g CO2 cartridges and holds no more than ten (10) rounds at a time.

Scoring:
• Points will be rewarded based on three (3) different objectives:
o Eliminations: There will be one (1) point awarded for every elimination of a player on the opposing team
o Survival: There will be two (2) points awarded for the survival of each player on the friendly team
o Flag hang time: There will be one (1) point awarded for each minute the friendly team’s colored flag is raised on each base

Penalties:
• Penalties will be assessed when a player is caught doing either of the following:
o If a player is caught playing on, they are eliminated and there will be a 10 point penalty
 If a player is caught playing on a second time, that player is eliminated and there will be a twenty (20) point penalty with possibility of ejection for the day
o If a player is caught wiping a hit, that player is eliminated, and there will be a twenty (20) point penalty with possibility of ejection for the day

General Rules:
• There shall be no more that five (5) players per team and no more than two (2) teams on the field at one time.
• Players must stay within the marked boundaries for the entire game.
o Players caught outside the boundaries will be warned and given a five (5) second audible countdown to get back inbounds
o If a player goes out of bounds a second time in a round, that player is eliminated

Gameplay:
• There will be three (3) flag bases placed equidistant from each other in a triangular fashion on the field
• The games with be twenty (20) minutes long; after which points will be awarded.
• Teams will start at their designated bases with their marker touching the flag base until the start is sounded

*original post*
Ok, tenative date is the 18th of OCT. at Three Rivers Paintball Park in Freedom, PA. It is a Saturday and I have emailed the owner about perhaps having the sign-in be an hour earlier (11am) for the pumpers and pistoleers that show up.
The setup is teams of 5 with 3 flag bases on the field in an SPPL-esque style. One flag base for each team and a base that is up for grabs from the get-go. Points are awarded for elims, survival and time your color flag is hung at each flag base.
We may have a few guys from MCB an UMS coming too. If there are enough people for more that 2 teams, every team will play each other. We will have it set up so that everyone gets equal playing time. This is more or less a preliminary pistol/pump day, with bugs being worked out of the system and a bigger, more structured and publicized event happening next season; probably in the spring. The more people that show up the better and we want plenty of feedback. Spread the word! TRP's Back to the Basics Tourny is coming soon!

This post has been edited by Crimson.Soldier: 04 October 2008 - 02:57 PM

#2 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:38 PM

Even if you guys don't have a 5 man team, just show up, we'll get you with a group of guys. We might just end up playing pumps and pistols capture the flag games instead of the tournament if that's what people want. This is a preliminary thing to gauge interest and how the real event in the spring will run.

#3 User is offline   Crimson.Soldier 

• Cheaters Suck
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Crimson.Soldier

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:50 PM

Details added to first post.

#4 User is offline   Crimson.Soldier 

• Cheaters Suck
  • PipPip

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:04 PM

Just a week away! Who all will be coming?

#5 User is offline   Crimson.Soldier 

• Cheaters Suck
  • PipPip

Posted 14 October 2008 - 12:44 PM

Pumpers and pistoleers will be able to sign in at 11am as opposed to the regular sign in at noon.

#6 User is offline   SN toter 

• Yes, I had a Super Nova
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SN TOTER

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

Thread ressurection... How did this ever turn out? Are you doing one this year?
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Crimson.Soldier 

• Cheaters Suck
  • PipPip

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:43 AM

Tried doing one in April. 3 people showed up. Looking to get some more interest for later this year. We need commitment from people though.

#8 User is offline   SN toter 

• Yes, I had a Super Nova
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SN TOTER

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

put up a thread on MCB, you'll find more itnerest there I bet. If you do one again, I'll give you a commitment as long as I don't have another evet on that day.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:28 PM

View PostSN toter, on May 27 2009, 04:31 PM, said:

put up a thread on MCB, you'll find more itnerest there I bet. If you do one again, I'll give you a commitment as long as I don't have another evet on that day.

The three that came were from MCB. We had a thread there with almost no interest.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users