new position to consider? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   PhunkyMunky 

• Git'er Done!!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Gotta change this

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:13 AM

View PostGhillie Monk, on Mar 20 2008, 09:02 AM, said:

I believe that a new position should be considered. What If there was someone on a team who was in charge of trip mines, smoke grenades, and the squad commanders second pare of eyes. This position would require more stealth than the sniper and more speed than dagger. When the squad commander wants a mine placed or wants to see what's going on in more than one place he could call on this guy. And when he's not needed for theses things at the time he could play as a secondary sniper.

It's called an ATL (Assistant Team Leader). They're in charge when the commander's not around.

#17 User is offline   PAINTPUNKER 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:PAINTPUNKER

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:56 PM

I think a scout would be cool and they would also be in charge of mines and that stuff

#18 Guest_Woodland Warrior_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:28 AM

It could be a very useful position, if you use it properly. Big scenarios or big games would be the best for him. I think it should be called "Combat Engineers," because in the military, Engineers do that kind of stuff.

#19 User is offline   naterab 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:naterab

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:11 PM

Not bad but like other people have said why can't anyone do that? Just have the commander assign somebody very fast to do it.
If you are a christian paintballer put this in your sig.
Liberalism=Communism
Sabre #777

#20 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:14 PM

I can't stand these new position threads. I admire the enthusiasm and the fact that you think about paintball tactics. But positions just AREN'T necessary. Honestly, can we just stop these threads?
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

#21 User is offline   naterab 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:naterab

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

Only thing good about positions is it's a guide for new paintballers. Of course though they shouldn't be set in stone.
If you are a christian paintballer put this in your sig.
Liberalism=Communism
Sabre #777

#22 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:125blackfire

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:55 PM

is that a positing or a role? you could have the role too plant mines, scout, etc. i do like that its nice if your having an organized war with a bunch of Friends with specific rules and not a game that goes fast like a two hour game. i could see myself doing that and boy how much fun would it be :D I'm a bit jealous that you do that. but you can really be positioned too do that while you being attacked or attacking what are you going too do? (you as in the new positing person) everyone has a attacking position like heavy gunner keeps there heads down while the dagger runs in and takes them out. i cant see the new positing doing that.
The black of the shadows will hide the awesome fire power of 1BPS about hit you!
http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=homev3

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users