Special Ops Paintball: phantom or A5? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

phantom or A5? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: shuld i buy a phantom or stick with my A5? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

shuld i buy a phantom or stick with my A5

1. phantom (27 votes [61.36%])

Percentage of vote: 61.36%

2. A5 (15 votes [34.09%])

Percentage of vote: 34.09%

3. other pump marker (2 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

Vote

#1 User is offline   nickanator8 

• tough guys dance, tougher guys dance ballet
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:nickanator8

Post icon  Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:33 PM

i was thinking of switching to a phantom or other pump so i could play paintball more often by taking less shots. i dont relay have a lot of spare cash to use so any suggestions are appreciated. thankx :dry:
click here for the Big Forum Tresure Hunt
If you are a Christian paintballer then put this in your sig | If you dance put this in your sig |98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 98% that agrees put this in your sig. | if you are one of the people who arnt against smart parts put this in your sig | 92% of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If you are of the 8% that would be laughin your butt off, put this in your sig | put this is your sig if your left handed

#2 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:50 PM

Why don't you just get both, like me, yeah. Check out my sig, I am cool. Way cool.
My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You
My Profile Friend's List, who wants on?
"Calm you down? Done. Enjoy your vacation."- PuzumaClick the link

#3 User is offline   CONFIRMEDKILL 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CONFIRMEDKILL

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:22 AM

Phantom

#4 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Millslane

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:20 PM

answer this:

what do you want to get our of your marker?

#5 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:40 AM

View PostJKLNHYD, on Feb 9 2007, 10:50 PM, said:

Why don't you just get both, like me, yeah. Check out my sig, I am cool. Way cool.

View PostMillslane, on Feb 12 2007, 03:20 PM, said:

answer this:

what do you want to get our of your marker?

If you can afford both, I'd say go that way. If not, do as Millslane says, and decide based on what you want to do with it. Sure, a pump may save you money on paint, and will probably increase your accuracy and tactics (you have to pick your shots and really aim, because you don't have much ammo to miss with), but you might have less fun in the end, so it may not be worth the savings on money.

It's your choice, and only you can make it. We're just here to provide our opinions to help you decide.

-J'92
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#6 User is offline   The Last Man 

• Pumper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PUMPAH

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:03 PM

Pumpers around the world all say that pump play actually makes the game more fun. Many of these guys have been accomplished paint throwers too. The advantage of getting a phantom is that there is a high resale price. So if you don't like it, you the amount you paid (and possiblibly more). Phantoms however rarely if ever have anyone complaining about their quality. As seen here.
http://www.pbreview....cts/reviews/52/
Official Pump Owner 79
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away from the game eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer. Put this in your sig to help spread the word.

#7 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:33 PM

View PostJaeger1992, on Feb 13 2007, 10:40 AM, said:

but you might have less fun in the end

oh no, you'll have more fun playing pump. thats my opinion anyways and i think if you gather the general opinions of those who have taken up pump play they will agree. stick with it and learn, it's alot more fun that semi play.

whats he needs to do it deiced if he wants to play pump or semi. since these two markers are very different, you have to pick a playing style. A-5 or ion or phantom or sniper are easier for us to answer because the comparison is relevant.

#8 Guest_Buckwheat_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:42 PM

I voted for either Phantom or 'other' pump marker.

I would go with a Phantom, search in the Sniper HQ - there's tons of info on them -, or a Sniper 2 (WGP). They're both great guns, accurate, light, consistent, etc., and you won't be disappointed by either.

The A-5 is definitly not a good sniper gun: Heavy, Loud, Inconsistent, Etc..... just my thoughts.

#9 User is offline   Delta 9 

• Follow me.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta 9

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:22 AM

If you've got the cash, yeah get both. But I'm a happy and loyal A5 owner, and I use my A5 for sniping. It's not because of a magic mod, just plain old practice, and being observant about what paint I put into my pods. If you want a light paint load, buy a tac-cap for $10, get a few 50 rd pods, or stock 10 rd tubes are an option. You'll shoot a lot less paint, have a clear sightline, but still have firepower there to get you out of a sticky spot. Snipers having a weapon to provide a little firepower is a lot like why Ninja of Iga Ioueno and Koga used shuriken and tetsubishi, it made the enemy a lot less likely to pursue you right away. If your position is compromised and you need to retreat, having that rate of fire is a great asset. We have a rare advantage in paintball. With all equipment being equal, we don't have to carry multiple guns for different jobs. Case in point, U.S. snipers deploy in a sniper/spotter team. I personally feel it's a bit flawed, and those who know the British sniper program, you'll know what I'm getting at. U.S. snipers have one shooter with a sniper rifle set up for him, the spotter has a standard weapon usually an M-16 for back up. The 2 rotate duty as sniper/spotter. British snipers have sniper/spotter rotation, with an exception. British snipers carry a L-85A1 assault rifle with them while they move into position, keeping their sniper rifles in drag bags until they set up their OP (Observation Point). See what I'm getting at? We could carry 2 guns on the field, but it wouldn't make much sense. Your A5 can pull the duty of both weapons, and even the best snipers need fire support every once in a while, and we don't usually have back-up. I chalk it up to my favorite philosophy in life; "Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it." If you want a Phantom, get one. Hell I'd like to get one. But I love my A5, and when my cover gets blown, I want that cyclone feed and a decent amount of paint in the tac-cap to break contact. I've heard of a lot of snipers that carry a side-arm. Sometimes I'd like to, but I'd rather have 1 weapon that can do everything I need it to do. Is an A5 a gas hog? Oh, yeah, but you already knew that. But for the cost of that Phantom, you can get a Palmer Stabilizer and a JCS ratchet feed (cyclone upgrade). It will drop your operating pressure from around 800psi to 400psi, and drop the pressure to run your cyclone. Both of these help efficiency, consistency, reduce cycle noise of your A5, and you won't sacrifice firepower. In fact, the JCS ratchet is supposed to increase cycle rate, while dropping operating pressure. Anyways, don't short change your A5, it's a lot more versatile than a lot of people give credit for. All in all, do what ya wanna do, have fun, make splat, be merry.

Delta 9 out...
"Delta 9 to Squad, lock n' load. Let's move out!"

#10 User is offline   flyboy 

• One BPS can still get you out
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyboy

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:13 AM

Find someone you know that has a phantom or another pump and see if you can use it for a day. It is a different game. I have phantom and 2 emags. I like playing with both but the phantom is a lot more challenging.

I like the fact that I can play all day on one bag of paint and have plenty left over. The only major draw back I've found is that people seem to be getting so used to being hit 2 or 3 times before calling out that often a body hit will result in the person playing on.
Boss Company

#11 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:44 PM

View PostMillslane, on Feb 28 2007, 10:33 PM, said:

oh no, you'll have more fun playing pump. thats my opinion anyways and i think if you gather the general opinions of those who have taken up pump play they will agree. stick with it and learn, it's alot more fun that semi play.

whats he needs to do it deiced if he wants to play pump or semi. since these two markers are very different, you have to pick a playing style. A-5 or ion or phantom or sniper are easier for us to answer because the comparison is relevant.

I don't expect that he might, but it's a possibility. Some people just love to shoot out half of their hopper in four seconds flat, and people like that might not want to adapt to a pump. (Not saying he's like that)

-J'92
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#12 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:41 PM

I agree. I play semi and I may be a newb, but it would be really hard for me to pick my shots that well.

This post has been edited by Paintsoilder: 06 March 2007 - 04:42 PM

a.k.a. old_school_player (techpb), paintsoldier (MCB), paintsoldier8 (PbN)

#13 User is offline   Delta 9 

• Follow me.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta 9

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:12 AM

If you own an A-5, and all you want is a bit of a challenge without buying a new gun, pop on a Tac-Cap. You'll pick your shots, trust me.
"Delta 9 to Squad, lock n' load. Let's move out!"

#14 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:24 AM

View PostJaeger1992, on Mar 6 2007, 04:44 PM, said:

View PostMillslane, on Feb 28 2007, 10:33 PM, said:

I don't expect that he might, but it's a possibility. Some people just love to shoot out half of their hopper in four seconds flat, and people like that might not want to adapt to a pump. (Not saying he's like that)

-J'92

i can understand that. but whats better than one balling someone on purpose? :dry:

#15 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:53 AM

other, old school sheridan brass. I like em more than phantoms cause they are all brass, therefore much heavier. Can be had for less than $150 generally, and with a little upgrading can compete with the best.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users