• This topic is locked

SCAR-L/H stock for X7

#1 User is offline   hellstorm117 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:hellstorm117

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:24 AM

Ok, we all know the X7 looks exactly like the SCAR already, but the only stocks you can get for it are M4, G36 folding and the Air through. I think spec ops should make a scar stock for the X7. A SCAR stock would be practical because you could use the ckeek rest for storage, it would be adjustable and it would be folding. There was an issue with the folding SCAR stock a wile ago, everyone was talking about how if it was air though then when you folded it the remote nipple would be way up by your front hand an the hopper. 2 solutions: 1. use a regular remote (the kind you screw in to the tank threads on the gun) 2.) have the air nipple on the back of the stock gun between the butplate and the cheek on the stock.

I think a SCAR stock would be great- I was actually surprised that it wasnt one of the "launch" stocks as the X7 so closly resembles the SCAR
slip out the back before they know you were there

#2 User is offline   commando kyle 

• Feel free to salute at any time.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Commando_Kyle

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:55 AM

You could just NOT do the Air through. Many a paintball player has run air through a remote into the line attached to the bottom of the gun before the air through craze hit. It will be ok, I promise.

Lack of a SCAR stock is the only thing keeping me from an X7.
OIF '08 OEF '09-'10
Camo Bandits-"By Force and Valor"

#3 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:55 AM

If I had an X7, that would probably be my favourite stock.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#4 User is offline   hellstorm117 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:59 AM

thats kind of what i was thinking, just get the normal remote on the boddom of the gun, I just had to mentoion the air through problems because some people never quit

#5 User is offline   Reaper1101 

• Don't take life so serious, you might not get out alive.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mjd1101

Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:49 AM

You could put the nipple to the left side of the stock. So it dosnt bend.
But thats why im not getting an X-7 yet.
Hashido- a way of life...

#6 User is offline   Pilsburry 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, getting it air-thru would be a problem, they would most likely have to put it on the front of the stock in front of where it bends, but then it would just be easier to have it run though the ASA on the bottom of the grip.
IPB Image

#7 User is offline   hellstorm117 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE(bulldog16 @ Jul 24 2007, 06:10 AM)
QUOTE(FrozenCannuk @ Apr 6 2007, 09:09 AM)
I was looking at a picture of a SCAR-L on a video game (it's some kind of special ops gun) and i noticed a strange likeness to the X-7, except for the folding stock, and i got to thinking, what if instead of the Air-Thru stock being solid, they could rig it up so that it could fold, maybe putting a very flexible steel-braided hose (that couldn't get bend and restrict air-flow) running between the stock and the part that attaches to the gun itself (i don't remember the name). I want your guys input on whether this is possible, has already been done, or isn't even feasible. Thanks

A folding air thru I don't think would work but I think an adjustable one would. The Co2 hose would just have to bend a bit but it could work.

The SCAR stock (on the real SCAR) is adjustible to 3 diferent lengths and also folds. It also has a adjustible cheek rest

1. the first chalange is making a adjustible stock = not really hard (has been done)

2. the second is having an adjustible folding stock= could be done (I could make one in my dads macine shop in 24-48 hours out of a colapseable m4 stock)

3. The big issue is making a colapseable folder thats air through.

Say you did make a colapseable folder. the air through thing is hard, on other air through stocks they are not folding, they are not adjustible and the remote connects at the but of the stock
I really like BAGELS idea about the sliding/moveing remote nipple. I spent like 2 hours drawing it up on paper over and over and I have a design that includes a movable airline that would also be adjustible and foldable but i cant explain it with words. Its so damn frustrating. I guess i'll try

OK if you look at bagels paint picture there are 5 red dots that resemble different positions for the air nipple say the remote was restricted to sliding only to the middle red dot and to the butplate. Keep in mind that the airline is totaly hidden inside the stock. It then goes into the butplate and then that air line goes on the fire the gun like on the current X7 airthrough (no outer lines between stock and gun). The real SCAR stock, the one on the firearm has and adjustible cheek rest. Because paintball masks keep us from using cheek rests The X7s SCAR stock wouldn't need to be adjustible. instead it would be just for looks. The Cheek rest is what alows my idea to work. If the cheek rest was made to look as if it were in the fully expanded then there would be alot of room for an airline to bend inside the stock. In the folded position there would be a length of line that would "bunch up" toward the butplate side of the stock. If the cheek rest area was hollowed out that would allow for there to be enough room for the airline to safely bend and not kink/break. If you have more room for the hose to bend it is less sharp of a bend and it it less of a problem.

So, rightnow I would like to say that I have designed (with the inspiraton from bagels drawing) a colapsable airthrough SCAR stock for the X7. Now the stock still has to be adjustable like the real SCAR.
What I was thinking is that inside the cheek rest are there would be a variation of an MP5 retractibe stock like on the MP5 SD6 there is a good picture of this type of stock on (yes im going to say it) Opsgear I think this will make a link im not sure

http://www.opsgear.c...p5-slide-a5.htm

If you took that design and widened the 2 legs that slide down the sides and made a variant of it that had the 2 legs retract into/below the cheekrest on the SCAR and go on the sides of where all the hose bending and sliding is hapening (staying out of the way of everything else so the airline has plenty of room).
Then made the end of it look like the scar stock not the MP5's you'd have a working, foldable, airthrough, adjustible, awesome looking stock.

OH MY GOD I hope spending all that time thinking is worth it.
I seriously think they should do it and I'll do it for them if they want me to. I can make the entire thing if you want. I have mills, drills, lathes, Vectorworks, Ironcad AND a plastic injection molding macine.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users