• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

J&J apex adapter FAIL

#1 User is offline   o2x4 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

well my J&J apex adapter came loose on me AGAIN in game. Apex dropped right off the end of my barrel. IN GAME.....AGAIN. luckily i haven't lost the whole thing yet. but i was trying to fix it AGAIN....IN GAME!!! and got flanked while i was jackin with it, shot up and dropped one of the set screws...

so i guess im going to blue locktite them in there this time, after i find a new set screw

#2 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

If it falls off in-game again, just toss it in your pocket and play without it. It's not worth messing with it and getting shot.

As for keeping it on, call up J&J and see if they have any tricks.

-Tenacious

#3 User is offline   US_Army_Guy 

• Elite
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:US_Army_Guy

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

I've got a J&J adapter myself and I have to admit, it does take patience to get on correctly. But once I got mine mounted right I haven't had a wobble out of it.

#4 User is offline   o2x4 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

where do you have your set screws on your barrel? i have mine setting on the outer most raised flat parts of the barrel. not in the holes or anything. and i think mine comes apart after i bang the apex tip on something. and i think it came off this last time because this kid wuz shootin my apex that i wuz sticking outta my bunker till i yelled at him to stop. pretty sure it fell off the next round

This post has been edited by o2x4: 25 July 2010 - 10:23 AM

#5 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

View Posto2x4, on 25 July 2010 - 01:19 PM, said:

where do you have your set screws on your barrel? i have mine setting on the outer most raised flat parts of the barrel. not in the holes or anything. and i think mine comes apart after i bang the apex tip on something. and i think it came off this last time because this kid wuz shootin my apex that i wuz sticking outta my bunker till i yelled at him to stop. pretty sure it fell off the next round

Where were you playing? You had your Apex sticking out, making it a valid target. Gear hits, at the majority of fields, count the same as a body/mask hit. Yelling at someone to quite shooting at it is the same as telling them not to shoot at you.

As for the set screw... Maybe wrap a layer or two of electrical tape around the barrel at that point. Giving the screw something to bite into should help.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#6 User is offline   o2x4 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

lol, i knew some one would bring that up. we were playing on our own field and playing critical hit kills are out.. you know, head shots, chest and gut shots, a burst across the ur legs that chops them off n u dead. not u shot me in the finger or shoot ppls barrel tips as their pointing them through a pile of wood to get them out.

a piece of electrical tape will not fit between the adapter id and barrel od. tolerances too tight for even a scrap of tape on each set screw

#7 User is offline   US_Army_Guy 

• Elite
  • PipPip

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

View Posto2x4, on 25 July 2010 - 01:19 PM, said:

ya, that's where I have my set screws at. The tolerances are really tight on the adapter so you have to turn each screw in just a bit at the time or all of the screws won't thread in. This is what is probably happening with you. You've got one screw tightened in to much throwing the whole adapter outa wack. Once you get all the set screws tightened up equally, the adapter should stay put.

#8 User is offline   o2x4 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:18 PM

I thread the screws in equally. Im not counting threads or anything...But im pretty sure that wasn't the problem. Im putting her through the grind in the next few weeks though, starting Saturday. we'll see how she fairs... 3 events in 4 weeks.

if it keeps falling off i'll jb weld the adapter onto the barrel and buy another j&j and swap them out

#9 User is offline   US_Army_Guy 

• Elite
  • PipPip

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:47 PM

just used my J&J apexed barrel for the second time (first was a 2 day scenerio) and it looks like one of the screw holes has stripped out. Going to try and call J&J tomorrow and see what they'll do.

#10 User is offline   o2x4 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

bummer, i used mine last weekend on the 14th. about 700 balls into the day i noticed mine was loose again. i removed and pocketed it, replaced it during break, and it came loose again about 200 balls later. i tried replacing it again during break and pulled a thread out of the set screw hole i replaced with the set screw i found at hardware store...uugh... so i shoved it back into my pocket and played the rest of the day without it.

im playing tomorrow without it and then ill have a couple weeks until my next game and im going to try and fix it before then.

i was thinking about going to a lapco bigshot apex ready, until i met a guy at a game last week with a x7 with a 14" lapco bigshot apex ready. we were in the same battlement in a castle long balling together and i was way more accurate. i shot my buddys carver one with the stock apex barrel and noticed the difference in accuracy immediately. i do have power tube upgrade also tho.

anyways, i dont want to change my set up at all. so im thinking instead of locktight on the set screws and taking a chance. using jb weld and attaching the apex adapter onto the j&j barrel permanently.

This post has been edited by o2x4: 21 August 2010 - 10:28 PM

#11 User is offline   o2x4 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:28 AM

well... I glued it on... so far so good. 2500 balls and still holding strong. used loc tite 2 part epoxy. any excess i got inside or on the barrel came off easily with alcohol wipes

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users