Special Ops Paintball: New commander - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New commander Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Dark Knight6_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:58 PM

im a new commander and i need help understanding how and when to employ tactics and what to do at practices.

PS i read gramp's article it helped a little

#2 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:19 PM

employing tactics is something you learn and comes with experience, so don't expect results overnight. But don't get discouraged either, be patient young padawan, you will grow in time.

as for practices, run drills. Scrimmages can be good for learning, but eventually it turns into just you guys playing and not improving your weak points. there are plenty of articles on drills to choose from, Action Pursuit Games magazine, SPLAT magazine, RECON, the specialops website, even this forum are places to find drills. My recommendation: start with personal drills of the basics: Aiming, Running and gunning, snapshooting, moving silently, etc. After you and your teammates have honed your individual basics, then start working on team drills: cover fire, leap frogging, moving as a group, etc.

Even experienced team constantly drill the basics, and once you have these drills down, go ahead and play some more scrimmages. But mix things up. Play each others positions, so you can fill in for them and understand how their position works. Play against groups better or larger than yours. Play with pumps. *PS- i love playing with pumps, it really improves your game for any aspect of this sport.*

In conclusion, there are HORDES of information regarding pracitces and drills. Read and learn, and soon you'll be dominating young padawan!

Welcome to the ranks of Commander. ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#3 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:06 AM

Almost every infantry tactic is built around the simple flank.

Alot can be done with a couple guys supressing and a couple more moving to the side.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#4 User is offline   andrew sarles 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:spyderstomper

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:26 AM

View PostDark Knight6, on Jul 26 2008, 07:58 PM, said:

im a new commander and i need help understanding how and when to employ tactics and what to do at practices.

PS i read gramp's article it helped a little

at practices put together 2 or 3 man squads against each other.set the scenario,execute it and then discuss what happpened and why!if you figure out your team mates weaknesses and strengths it will make your team much better at the scenarios!
LAST RITES BRIGADE! R.I.P.
ALWAYS TAKE OUT THE SUPERIOR THREAT FIRST!
ALWAYS PLAY FAIR!
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE OPPOSITION!
REMEMBER IT'S A GAME!

#5 User is offline   Knight Hiro 

• Knight Hiro
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Knight Hiro

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:14 AM

every magazine out there will have tactics and stratagy's, as well as training for thoes. the best ones are the ones you come up with yourself, allways remember that YOU are the commander. A sharp mind, and confidence in yourself is the starting point for this position. Without that all the training in the world will not beable to help you if you sit around while the world falls down around you asking your squad what to do. Never share command, only put people in charge of separate groups, or elect a second in command. to be active if your toast. This doesn't mean don't take advice, just don't take advice when all #@$$ breaks loose.
Warriors unite its time for the end of the world!!!!

#6 User is offline   andrew1987 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:beat box

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:23 PM

forget tactics, learn to master angles and holding lanes first, master those then work on strategy, the best strategy in the world will not work if the players forget orders or don't understand that they might have a boreing but important job

also, why are you the commander? don't answer that question, think about it, do you know why, and will the guys your planing on commanding know why?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users