NXE 4 + 1 Pod and Bottle Pack

#1 User is offline   Siesatia 

• Watch out, I bite
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Siesatia

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:48 AM

Posted Image

When I first started playing, I had to carry my ammo in a sachel at my side, not only increasing my profile, but making reloads painfully long and difficult... I jumped at the chance to order the inexpensive NXE Pack. ($19.95). I received it in the mail and went out to meet my friends for an outlaw game in the local woods. Filling up my 4 special ops pods and strapping on my bottle, I went in with everyone asking why I had gotten it... After not only reloading in seconds flat, but lighting up the opposing team while they were still trying to rush me while I was out of ammo, I ended the game with them asking where I had gotten it.

The Pod Pack is made of sturdy materials, nylon and the like, with all velcro fasteners. It is easily washed with just plain water, and does not stain. It drys somewhat slowly, but thats not much of a problem unless you play in very wet areas.

The Pod holders do an excellent job of holding the pods in, I forgot to velcro their safty straps in for an entire game of running, sliding, and even a tumble through the dense undergrowth of the Northern Virginia woods, and when I sat down for a minor break, and to fill my pods, I counted all four, the one I had left unstrapped hadn't moved an inch. And yet, the pods are easily removable and slide back into place when empty just as easily.

The Bottle holder is good, it looks to have been made solely for CO2, it doesn't seem to be capable of holding anything bigger then a 20 ounce tank, which was alright, I use a 16 ounce CO2 tank so it fit perfectly. The 2 velcro safty lines are slightly problematic, as they seem to have been designed slightly off, but wrapping them around the tank works indredibly well, and I have yet to have a problem.

The wieght of the Pack is a mere 1.5 pounds unloaded, so its not a problem, and doesn't restrict movement much if at all, and the weight issue is made up for with the ability to stick the tank and pods on my back rather then on my gun and on a side-bag.

The adjustability is great, it will fit both large and small waist sizes and the velcro (Although I havn't had it long enough for the velcro to lose any grip) is multi layered, so it won't fall off, even if one of the flaps is ripped open somehow.

Final Verdict:

While I admit, it does have a few small flaws, such as its innability to hold large Air Tanks, it is a great addition to the gear list, not only that, but its price can hardly be beat for its quality. I have to give this product a 9 out of 10.
IPB Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users