• You cannot reply to this topic

DDAY Questions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Cossack 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Cossack

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:30 PM

Call me out of the loop, call me bewildered, or just call me a noob.

I been hearing about this DDay. Where is it, when is it, and more importantly what is it?

#2 User is offline   ShadoAngel 

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:SHADOANGEL

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:15 AM

You're a noob. No worries mate, we all heard about D-Day from someone else along the line. There are two really big games: Oklahoma D-Day [in "The Bunker" in Wyandotte, OK] which draws about 4000 players a year, and Skirmish D-Day, which is held at Skirmish USA, in Pennsylvania [don't know the name of the city off hand].

Most people are reffering to OK D-Day. It's basically a huge paintball re-inactment/scenario of the Normandy Invasion from WWII. The Germans hold on to the Atlantic Wall, St. Lo, three firebases, etc., etc., while the Allies try to over run their positions. A time limit is set on an objective... like "Atlantic Wall: 13:00". By 1:00pm on Saturday, whoever holds the Atlantic Wall gets the points for it. The Germans play defense, while the Allies attack. Whichever team has the most points at the end of the 2 day event, wins.

It's the week of June 6th... which is a monday this year, so it's the 11th and 12th of June.

link to Oklahoma D-Day's official website
ShadoAngel | My BST Feedback Thread

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users