• You cannot reply to this topic

Help me with my new epiphany.

#1 User is offline   RAZOREWIRE 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:RAZORWIRE

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:57 AM

Ok I tested out my new Epiphany and it worked fine then I decided to adjust the velocity, I adjusted it so I had 250 psi in it and then I fired it and the gas would come out the bottom of the solenoid instead of firing the marker and I tryed everything that the manual said and it still doesn't work. Please help me guys.

#2 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:02 PM

The bottom of the solenoid or the reg?
-Ty

#3 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:06 PM

If it's the selenoid you may have a hairline crack in the microline. Not uncommon. Move it around to find it. It's usually around a barb. Also check that a line didn't blow off a barb. The noid should take higher pressure than that.

This post has been edited by slinkyaroo: 27 September 2008 - 12:07 PM

#4 User is offline   RAZOREWIRE 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:08 PM

It comes out the bottom of the solenoid when I fire it. Nothing happens untill I try to fire it then it comes out the bottom of the sole.

#5 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:29 PM

1. Is the marker stock? 2. Have you disassembled it previous to this problem? 3. Have you chrono'ed the marker or are you just playing with the pressure? 4. Are you sure it's coming out of the solenoid and is not a leak? How to find and fix an Ion leak. If you don't have a QEV it is normal for air to exhaust out of the bottom of the solenoid. Watch this animation, see the bottom of the solenoid valve? FYI, the animation is of an Ion, the Epiphany and Ion operate the same except for the pressure.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Kodiak: 27 September 2008 - 12:38 PM

#6 User is offline   Sneaky Sir 

• Studyin' my pump-fu
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sneaky Sir

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

Did you epiphany include spare airlines? If you find a leak, try replacing the line and see if that helps. Also, when you adjusted your velocity, did you increase it or decrease it?

#7 User is offline   RAZOREWIRE 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

1. yes its all stock got it last night. 2. No I did not. 3. I was just trying to turn the pressure up to the operating pressure because it was only at 200psi so I turned it up to 250psi. 4. Yes instead of firing the bolt it just "vents" out the bottom of the solenoid.

I also readjusted the dwell time and ROFdelay I turned them both all the way down what setting should I start with.

#8 User is offline   Kodiak 

• Captain DHP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kodiak

Posted 27 September 2008 - 02:20 PM

Put your dwell at 52 blinks and ROF at 10 (stock). Sounds like your problem is your dwell is to low. "Operating" pressure will be different for every marker. You will NEED a chrono to find out what it really is. Remember that the pressure on the gauge is just a number. It's the chrono speed that's important. As you adjust the pressure up your velocity goes up, as you adjust your pressure down your velocity goes down. Even thou it's brand new, replace the battery with a brand name out of the box one, clean and lube your bolt w/Sleek-Shocker Lube-Dow 33 (all the same thing). CBS (crap battery syndrome) causes more problems than you'll every know! When in doubt, change the battery.

PBNation Ion FAQ

What is Dwell?

* "Dwell" is the amount of time the solenoid remains open (measured in milliseconds, or ms for short), which translates to how long the bolt will stay forward. This determines the length of time the Ion's valve will release air to fire the paintball.
* Increases in dwell will generally increase your velocity as well, although there are working limits to this.
* On the stock board, dwell is adjusted in half-millisecond intervals, starting at 8 milliseconds. This means the lowest setting on the board is 8-ms, first setting up is 8.5-ms, then 9-ms, 9.5-ms, etc etc. The stock dwell setting is 52 blinks from the bottom (34-ms).
* We don't recommend you adjust the dwell unless you wish to spend time [and air] fine-tuning the marker, to possibly receive better performance. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

How to set Dwell

1. Pressurize your Ion at whatever input pressure you wish to use. We suggest between 150-180 psi (higher for Epiphany), depending on the internals. The following steps involve you dry-firing the marker (firing it without paint).
2. Lower the dwell setting to the minimum (or an extremely low setting, such as 5 blinks with the stock board, or 8 milliseconds with an aftermarket board).
3. Gradually increase dwell until the marker begins to fully cycle. When the marker has trouble cycling, the sound of the bolt firing will be muffled and sound erratic, denoting inconsistencies. When you reach the point where it fully cycles, the marker will make a loud POP for each shot you take, with minimal sound difference between the shots.
4. Once the Ion is fully cycling, increase the dwell another 4-6 blinks (2-3 milliseconds with aftermarket board), and that will be your dwell setting.

Dwell In Relation to ROF/Recharge

* Definition: "Recharge rate" is the term used to describe the length of time after the dwell has expired, before the marker will be allowed to fire again. So, the higher you set the recharge setting, the lower the Rate of Fire will be. This is because there's more time between shots, slowing the ROF down. And vice-versa.
* To determine your Rate of Fire (ie. 10-bps, 15-bps, etc) the Ion stock board uses a combination of Dwell and Recharge. A calculator to figure out exact combinations can be found here. You should always set your dwell to its optimal setting (detailed above) before adjusting the Recharge setting.
* Most of you have heard of the infamous "48 Rule". This rule has created many misconceptions about Recharge and what it's used for. Basically, the 48 rule says "set your dwell and recharge so they add up to 48, which will set the marker to 'exactly' 17-bps". This is totally useless and the marker will fire the exact same regardless of if you follow it. Therefore we suggest you IGNORE IT.
* Recharge is only used to determine the max ROF for the marker. Recharge has nothing to do with consistency, efficiency, recoil, or ANY other factor! All it will do is slow down or speed up your maximum cycling speed. It has no influence on how the marker fires at all. You're only adjusting the ROF, so the gun will fire the exact same regardless of where its set (basically).

This post has been edited by Kodiak: 27 September 2008 - 02:43 PM

#9 User is offline   RAZOREWIRE 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:25 PM

Thanks alot that cleared things up a bit I changed the settings and fixed it. It works amazingly now.

#10 User is offline   Sneaky Sir 

• Studyin' my pump-fu
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sneaky Sir

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:36 PM

Glad to hear it works now.

#11 User is offline   RAZOREWIRE 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

Just another question. Can anyone tell me how to find out if an ION part can be put on the Epiphany.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users