• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Uronlyfriend

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:31 PM

View PostSheriff Matt, on May 30 2007, 12:51 AM, said:

View Post06shocker&ion, on Apr 21 2007, 05:32 PM, said:

Can someone help me out here?

That's quite a pond you got going there! I would suggest a more long term solution(using a pump every season isn't going to be fun). Setting up some drainage pipe would probably help out the most to keep it from filling up so much. You mentioned digging a trench to the nearby river and laying some pvc. That would be a good idea if you could rig it up to flow downhill to the river. In order to pump out that much water you'd need something a little more heavy duty than a 200 gallon/hour pump I think.

If you're going to be laying drainage pipe I would talk to someone fairly knowledgeable at the store you go to. Ask them what they suggest to use and how to lay it. You'll want to describe to them what you're trying to do.

heres an idea i thought of, maybe it'll help oh oh well srry i tried: Posted Image
Before (i think u already kno this one)

Posted Image
Dig a hole for a pc pipe (It would be smart to put like a grate like thing over it, cuz ppl will deff be steppin on it.) on an angle burrow it to a nearby hole (or the creek idea)
Posted Image
this will create a flow to the intended area and get rid of all the water. Cant solve the mad soggyness tho.
With it being underground, ppl wont have to avoid the trench, cuz its now full of water, and ppl wont think, hey good trench to hide in, and screw up the trench to fit their protection needs

nice site btw, srry for the paintbrush letters on the pics above was mad lazy, hope these help
no sig anymore cuz i got maxed out, idk y? my bad SO

#138 User is offline   senses fail 

• US Army Tanker
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SensesFailx13xx

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:17 PM

love your website.

im thinking of starting a paintball field of my own as a career. im about to graduate from high school in a couple weeks and deciding what i want to do.

anybody know if a 2 year business school is enough or even mandatory to start a business like a paintball field? i really dont know much on this subject as of now.

and to the poster above me thats a good idea.

this thread's got a lot of good info in it!

This post has been edited by senses fail: 14 May 2008 - 03:18 PM

#139 User is offline   L1GHTR1FL3M4N 

• Co-Commanding Dagger
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:L1GHTR1FL3M4N

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:58 PM

This is awesome because me and my team are making a skirmish field to practice on. Like having scrimmages and stuff should be cool.

edit: an outlaw field that is.

This post has been edited by L1GHTR1FL3M4N: 19 May 2008 - 01:05 PM

KH
KHAOS HOUNDZ
Dagger/Co-Commanding Officer

#140 User is offline   SPARTAN-204  

• Fox Soldier
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Spec Ops Fox

Posted 31 May 2008 - 08:32 PM

Great info! I want to build a paintball field once I get out of California in about two years.Its going to be my team's home field and open to the public,of course.It's going to be one of the best around with tanks, troop transports, assault vehicles,grenades and smoke.

#141 User is offline   Ground Runner 

• They're Grrreat!!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GROUNDRUNNER

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:55 PM

Great post. I've been wanting to start a field, well for awhile now and this gave me a good idea on how to get it started and how much I have to save, so thnx. The thing I wanted to ask u was how and how much did the land cost u? Does the price usually vary and how many acres should u buy up to make a good field fit for big games?

Just an idea about digging. You can save urself a lot of time and do it the old way loggers usually use to unstump a tree and thats good old TNT. Now I'm not saying u should use dangerous explosives but that is how they generally build roads up in the Mtns. They just blow whats in their way out. A person I kind of know bought some land up in the Rocky Mtns. not to far away from where I live and he bought it from a logging company. After they were done clearing out trees what was left was a bunch of deep and wide open holes which were perfect to build wooden bunkers around. I wouldn't recommend it at all unless u knew what u were doing and how to make it safe.
"We will not go quietly into the night!
We will not vanish without a fight!
We're going to live on!
We're going to survive!"

My friends are to poor to start a team with me so I'm looking for anyone that'll have me

#142 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 02 June 2008 - 01:38 AM

One form of bunker has not been mentioned that I have seen at a few fields. The good old wood stack. Cut a tree down and the cut the tree into equal length pieces, abotu 18 inches, and then stack it like you would fire wood. Just make sure the ends of the stack are set so they won't roll or move.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#143 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:34 PM

View PostKnightwolf16, on Jun 2 2008, 01:38 AM, said:

One form of bunker has not been mentioned that I have seen at a few fields. The good old wood stack. Cut a tree down and the cut the tree into equal length pieces, abotu 18 inches, and then stack it like you would fire wood. Just make sure the ends of the stack are set so they won't roll or move.

Now that you mention it, we've had a couple of those on our field previously. They were mistaken for free firewood and hauled off though :( ...They do work really well though....REALLY well. You just gotta set both sides with a post or something.

#144 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:42 AM

I would avoid anything that holds water so as to prevent giving mosquitos a breeding ground.

View PostGround Runner, on Jun 2 2008, 01:55 AM, said:

Great post. I've been wanting to start a field, well for awhile now and this gave me a good idea on how to get it started and how much I have to save, so thnx. The thing I wanted to ask u was how and how much did the land cost u? Does the price usually vary and how many acres should u buy up to make a good field fit for big games?

Just an idea about digging. You can save urself a lot of time and do it the old way loggers usually use to unstump a tree and thats good old TNT. Now I'm not saying u should use dangerous explosives but that is how they generally build roads up in the Mtns. They just blow whats in their way out. A person I kind of know bought some land up in the Rocky Mtns. not to far away from where I live and he bought it from a logging company. After they were done clearing out trees what was left was a bunch of deep and wide open holes which were perfect to build wooden bunkers around. I wouldn't recommend it at all unless u knew what u were doing and how to make it safe.

You have to have a blasting license or permit to get TNT and you can expect to be investigated by the FBI.....
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#145 User is offline   caladbolg_80 

• Arkham's Finest!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Arkhams_Finest80

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:27 AM

hey would anyone know if you need insurance for an occasionally used outlaw game field? Or would a consent form pretty much cover your butt in that dept?

#146 User is offline   Sir Gre 

• 'Ello.
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SirGre

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:38 PM

If it's only used by a handful of people, I imagine insurance would not be needed. But when in doubt, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
Official Saber #.30102 (logarithm of 2)

#147 User is offline   Dustin Echos 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:59 PM

i read in a field instruction guide from the 1980's i read on building bunkers in the ground n stuff, i have to find it again but i do remember a sort of drainage system around the inside of the bottom that's purpose was to let the water drain into and also for the purpose of suppressing grenades (u wont be in the hole at the time tho) but ill post more when i find the book again

Attached File(s)

#148 User is offline   Hubb 

• Let's do dis!!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Hubb

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:12 PM

Me and my buddies are building an outlaw field. One of the things I wanted were bunkers that are not conventional. For example, several of my bunkers are pallets with hardware cloth on the front. The hardware cloth is .5" diameter, meaning a paintball will not penetrate it. It's pretty scary sitting behind one of these bunkers and seeing the paint coming at you. Another thing these bunkers do is allow splatter to go through, which means they score mine and grenade eliminations, making their use that much more challenging.

Another type of bunker I have is a rotating bunker. This is simply a T-post driven into the ground and a pallet slid on the post. One can simply pick the pallet up and turn it to whatever direction they need to.

One more type is one I call a fallaway bunker. Another pallet bunker (solid) with a rope running out the front of it. If an opposing player can get close enough to the rope, they can pull the rope, which will cause the bunker to fall and leave their opponent exposed.

Then there's the conventional ones I use (thanks to this post).

Some images of my bunkers:

Attached File  base1.JPG (101.85K)
Number of downloads: 14
Main base with sliding windows

Attached File  base2.JPG (115.64K)
Number of downloads: 9
back of main base

Attached File  hardware_cloth_bunker1.JPG (136.1K)
Number of downloads: 9
hardware cloth over pallet

Attached File  hedgehog.JPG (138.86K)
Number of downloads: 6
WWII style hedgehog

Attached File  rotating_bunker.JPG (104.3K)
Number of downloads: 7
rotating bunker

This post has been edited by Hubb: 02 July 2008 - 07:32 PM

#149 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

First off, lemme say this has to be like the best topic ever made ever. Just great all around.

I had a coupla thoughts for the scenario-inclined. I've designed three fields, built two (long story...) and lost a couple, so even though I've never *technically* owned a park, I've had a little bit of experience in the designing and building phases. Something I always try to consider is the look and feel of the field. For example, the first field we built was designed for a US vs North Korea scenario. When we built the US base, we used a lot of sandbags and wood and gave everything a clean, tidy look and feel. As you drifted away from the US side, you saw more and more dug-out bunkers, downed trees, and camoflauge, until you got into the Korean main base, which was designed to blend in with the surroundings more. Mind you, the field was ginormous and way, way too big for the number of people who showed up, but the point is that you could get a "feel" for your location on the field just by looking at your surroundings.

It's something to consider -- instead of littering the field with whatever fits, if you put some planning into it, you can create a kind of ambiance, I guess, for lack of a better word... I'm not saying it's something I do well, it's just something I thought of and tried. Think it would help some of the fields I've played at.

Another important thing that hasn't been mentioned is Landmarks. Some of the random crap you might be able to find, like junked cars or something else large, can be used to create landmarks all over the field. It's not as important if you just plan on playing woodsball, but for scenario games landmarks can foster a familiarity with the field and help teams communicate, which is great.

those are my two pennies. Again, I looooooooove this thread. I'm actually surprised at the initial/operating costs, they're lower than I would have expected by ever-so-much.... of course you need to staff your field, too....
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#150 User is offline   iBubba 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:IBUBBA

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

This entire thread is full of win - thanks to all the contributors.

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users