Special Ops Paintball: Let's see what most people think. - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Let's see what most people think. Vote! Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Most effective sniper position. (126 member(s) have cast votes)

Most effective sniper position.

1. Ambush sniper (57 votes [38.00%])

Percentage of vote: 38.00%

2. Ghost flanker (84 votes [56.00%])

Percentage of vote: 56.00%

3. Longbow sniper (9 votes [6.00%])

Percentage of vote: 6.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:21 AM

^Ah, but remember stealth has its place as well.

Ambush flankers, or whoever, can sprint for the 50 yard line after the break to recon the movements of the opfor, or the sneaky guys can flank hard left or right of your team's attack, giving acurate supporting fire from the flanks when the attack gets stuck.

But as I said before, there's no reason someone with a speedball jersey couldn't fill that role--it's all about adaptibility.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#32 User is offline   The Elder 

• Sharpshooter
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Phantom-Sniper

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:21 AM

View PostT-Freak, on Jun 2 2008, 05:09 PM, said:

sorry, and not to start a flame war..but you asked my Opinion...."The most affective Sniper, is a dead sniper"...yes thats one of My paintball quotes...and yes i Believe it :)...I have killed way to many Snipers with a Pistol for them to have my Respect

T-Freak, from what I know you usually play speed-ball. There is no effective way to play that position on a speed-ball course. And most people you encounter are provably newbies wanting to learn the sniper position and don't know what there doing.

Pleas don't take offence to this post. I'm not trying to flame, just sharing my opinion. If anyone finds this offensive I'm sorry.

This post has been edited by The Elder: 03 November 2008 - 08:08 AM

#33 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:57 PM

NAAAASTY necro post! We got a one month max here, bro.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#34 User is offline   Long Wood 

• Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BOB LONG

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:54 PM

I would probally fall under stealthly light rifleman i tend to be sneaky and flank, ambush, and longball. Wth the fast pace of most games we play, the team can't afford to have a sniper hiding in a bush. They would look like a microwaved marshmellow, while sprinting down the road, killing any stealth that existed.

This post has been edited by Long Wood: 11 November 2008 - 02:57 PM

#35 User is offline   GoArmy117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:45 PM

I think a ghost flanker and an ambush sniper are most effective. Ghost flanking is helpful when your team is in the middle of a firefight and ambush sniping is helpful to keep the enemy guessing. But a person that is shooting from a "long" way off is 1) Trying to make a very difficult shot with a low success rate and 2) Giving away his position without necessarily getting something in return.
ambulere
latere
amovere

#36 User is offline   dc0518 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:B.I.G. D

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

in my opinion... it depends on wut is needed for the game. if u r needed to gaurd something such as a flag, an ambush sniper would be best in my opinion.. n if u are on the offensive then a ghost flanker would be.. so it really depends on wut is needed

#37 User is offline   Mercy of Spades 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mercy

Post icon  Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:13 PM

Great post and arguments, guys!

Personally, I feel it's a situational choice as to what position to play.

My experience has been that in small games of woodsball that the ghost flanker is infinitely more valuable than the ambush sniper. Reason being is that for one; most of the other players will be actively looking for your ghillie which in turn makes it harder to hide as an "ambusher", second as it's be stated before that you may never even see the opforce during a gain playing ambush. Not to mention that you're an extra gun your team may need. Cause as GhostFlanker, even if you get spotted you're still a distraction for the enemy team. However, if you're playing straight defense then go for ambush all the way. They would have to come into your trap.

If you're playing scenarioball then I'd have to say ambush sniper all the way. Reason being is that paintballers tend to get tunnel vision when the paint starts flying and they forget about the guy they saw wearing the ghillie at the beginning of the day. An effective tactic for ambush sniper in a big scenario is to push up with your team to the line of scrimmage. Find a good hide in plain sight. Then, when (because it always does) the line of scrimmage gets pushed back let the opforce walk past you. Wait a few moments and then BAM start back dooring them. Not only will it cause them to get confused as to why their own teammates are shooting them in the back but it will punch a hole for your guys to retake ground before the enemies' reinforcements show up. An ambush sniper can hold an entire side of the field by himself, just don't expect to make it out of there not eliminated lol, I know. But the ghostflanker plays more like a sabre on the big field than a sniper (well, depending on the field I guess).

SO as far as the question I'd say first ambush, then ghost flanker, and last longbow. But only because my mind set for the paintball sniper seems to be geared more towards "big game hunting" as opposed to combat (the way a ghost flanker works).

Now don't get me wrong; i've seen plenty of longbow snipers but they were primarily commanders. I know it works cause I've seen it done effectively, but not the way people would have hoped. It's more of a commander subtype than a sniper. And everyone of them was using a T8 (and that was before they came out with the longbow setup for the pistol)

Let me know what you think :(
Jeremiah 29:11 "His promises fulfilled"

#38 User is offline   snipa12 

• snipe'em all day long
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipamasta

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:21 PM

personaly i think all three are a good combination to have like what smitty said snipers need to be versitile
smart parts owner # 100
"no you did not just fail you found 500 ways not to get me out"

#39 User is offline   Mercy of Spades 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mercy

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:40 PM

hmmm, I suppose that most of you guys commenting are practicing paintball snipers? How do you view your position and role in the team? What mind set do you bring to the field before the game starts? I read earlier that some of you play other positions like dagger, hammer, sabre, and the like. So how about it? Do you take a tactical "by the books/work the angles" kinda game? Or do you stalk and hunt the opforce? Or maybe you've conceived your own way to play? Paintball is an individualist sport and people make and play the game their own distinctive way. SO how about you? lol think I'll make another poll for this :question:
Jeremiah 29:11 "His promises fulfilled"

#40 User is offline   ghilliewarrior 

• Team Sniper/Commander
  • Pip

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

I personally prefer Ghost Flanker. Ill tell you why. The Longbow Sniper is pointless seeing as he cant get much farther than a regular sniper and not much more accurate. The ambush sniper can be useful in large games but in small games he isnt too effective because he has to WAIT for the enemy. The Ghost Flanker, though, goes TO the enemy with a squad. He can easily sneak behind the enemy while the main force distracts the opposition. Guess it's just your opinion. :D

#41 User is offline   82ndx 

• Facta Non Verba
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:82ndx

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:18 PM

Definitely "Ghost Flanker" because one doesn't even need to be a "sniper" to play as such. You could have a 3 man group play "Ghost Flank" and still be effective.

#42 User is offline   Na-nook 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Na-nook

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:27 AM

I go for the Ghost Flanker. Flanking is the most effective move in paintball. you create angles on you foes and thenn you eliminate them. Its that easy. this is by far the best tactic.

#43 User is offline   TheGhillieMan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:TheGhillieMan

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

I feel like you have to do a little bit of everything, minus the longbow. There are few situations where that would have been effective...up until now anyway. First Strike has the potential to change that. I haven't had a chance to use them yet, but I'm thinking maybe this summer when I get home from Spain. I'm definitely excited about that.

Up until now, I've always done a mix of ambushing and flanking. For example, I'll move up into a spot and when I find enemy players, I trench in and wait. If I'm really lucky, they come to me, and I score a couple of easy kills. If not, I follow them until they hit my team and I hit from behind, or from the side, depending on the angle I'm presented. Or on a flag based game, I trench in near the flag, because someone is going to be coming for it. If it's a center flag, it's trenching in near the flag and suppressing for my team, or waiting for the guy who is inevitably going to go for the flag to pop up, and I pick him off.

Maybe I'll be running with my team from the get go, and I hang back until they hit the enemy. Then it's crawling into position to score a kill or two.

It really all depends on the situation.

I voted ambush, but I do believe in doing a little of everything. I prefer ambushing, however.
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users