Special Ops Paintball: how does this sound - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

how does this sound 98c sniper Rate Topic: -----

Poll: sniper marker (94 member(s) have cast votes)

what do you think

1. your crazy-good (8 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

2. its alright (56 votes [59.57%])

Percentage of vote: 59.57%

3. i wouldnt use it (18 votes [19.15%])

Percentage of vote: 19.15%

4. your cazy-bad (1 votes [1.06%])

Percentage of vote: 1.06%

5. what are you on? (11 votes [11.70%])

Percentage of vote: 11.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   skowvy 

• You can call me, Papa Smurf.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:skowvy

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:53 PM

I am planning on making a sniper marker from a 98c. I am doing this because I can add to it little by little , and I dont have the cash to drop on a long bow. so here is what I am planning

98 C
Sliding air thru stock
long barrel- undecided
red dot sight
q loader
LPK
rocket cock
bi pod
custom paintjob

so what do you think, suggestion are apreciated

This post has been edited by skowvy: 06 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

If we cant do it it doesn't need to be done!
Official Sabre #77

Expendable Assets Team Leader.

Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

#2 User is offline   Recon_Sniper 

• Yesss 3 blocks
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Recon_Sniper

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

Hmm, looks pretty good. Let me be the first to say do not buy a barrel over 16''. Anything over that won't help your accuracy at all, and will just use up more gas. I would suggest a 14'' because they are manouverable but have good accuracy.
good luck

#3 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:58 PM

The bipod probably won't really be needed, even if you do lie down a lot. Paintball markers just aren't that heavy. The 98 LPK doesn't really do that much and isn't really worth the money, in my opinion. A sliding air through stock might be hard to find, but with any stock (except the doglegs), you're going to need an offset or riser to be able to see your red dot. Don't buy a barrel longer than 16", 18" at the most. I would recommend a PPS Brass barrel, if you have the money you can get it dual vented and it'll be very quiet. The Qloader and rocket cock are fine, just make sure you buy the 98 adapter for the 98, and a Custom Mounting Socket so you have options of where to put it. Also make sure that the stock and Rocket Cock will fit together.

Hope this helps :P.

-J'92
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#4 User is offline   Mech CB 

• Warn: (50%)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mechanical CB

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:04 PM

I agree with the 14" barrel and the not needing a bipod. I have a 14" barrel and that along with my red dot gets my paint where it needs to be 95% of the time. You should look into those apex barrel tips. I hear they improve your distance accuracy and they can also send your paint around a bush, tree, or whatever else.

#5 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:06 PM

Yep, the Apex is probably worth looking into. If you're going for accuracy, though, you're going to want to put the Apex tip on a better, more accurate barrel. Also, be aware that the more range you add with the Apex, the less accuracy you get.

-J'92
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Mech CB 

• Warn: (50%)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mechanical CB

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:15 PM

Just buy a good 14" barrel(you don't have to get the most expensive one to find a good one) and throw the tip on it. I got a tippmann 14" pathfinder. It's just as good as the sniper barrel they sell, but cheaper.

#7 User is offline   josef_k 

• WWII mod-o-holic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Josef_K

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:52 PM

Weight reduction. Since you don't actually make use of all of the metal structure in the grip, you can remove metal in the region covered by the grip panels to cut down weight. On the body, with enough care and skill, you can remove a little material to further reduce the weight (as the 98C is overbuilt anyways). Don't go overboard with a barrel. Let form follow function, not the other way around.

There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who just can't count.

#8 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:15 AM

2 biggies - lose the long barrel and bipod. I shoot high-powered rifles (Well) and I have never used nor needed a bipod. They are for the weak.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#9 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:27 PM

If I were going to use a Tippmann for my sniper base, I would keep it simple. I'd probably just put a 14'' PPS barrel on a Pro Carbine and maybe another regulator besides the one on my HPA tank. Plus a red dot sight and a Winchester hopper. Maybe some Dye Sticky 3s for comfort.

#10 User is offline   fliegendaffe 

• The Paintball Monkey
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fliegendaffe

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:05 AM

View PostJaeger1992, on Jun 6 2007, 05:58 PM, said:

The bipod probably won't really be needed, even if you do lie down a lot. Paintball markers just aren't that heavy. The 98 LPK doesn't really do that much and isn't really worth the money, in my opinion. A sliding air through stock might be hard to find, but with any stock (except the doglegs), you're going to need an offset or riser to be able to see your red dot. Don't buy a barrel longer than 16", 18" at the most. I would recommend a PPS Brass barrel, if you have the money you can get it dual vented and it'll be very quiet. The Qloader and rocket cock are fine, just make sure you buy the 98 adapter for the 98, and a Custom Mounting Socket so you have options of where to put it. Also make sure that the stock and Rocket Cock will fit together.

Hope this helps B).

-J'92

double ported for the 98c wont do more than the single ported. and it will save you a bunch of money along with going with 15" vs 16"

View PostFrontier_Bill, on Jun 7 2007, 02:15 AM, said:

2 biggies - lose the long barrel and bipod. I shoot high-powered rifles (Well) and I have never used nor needed a bipod. They are for the weak.

why lose the barrel?

#11 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:24 AM

I would look into a stock that you can actually use a sight. The collapsable stock prevents you from being able to do that effective. The M249 (SAW) Stock or a Dog leg would be better choices. Don't get me wrong, I hate using a marker without a stock, except my pistols.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#12 User is offline   Z3R0 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:23 PM

View Postfliegendaffe, on Jun 10 2007, 12:05 PM, said:

View PostJaeger1992, on Jun 6 2007, 05:58 PM, said:

Hope this helps :dodgy:.

-J'92

double ported for the 98c wont do more than the single ported. and it will save you a bunch of money along with going with 15" vs 16"

View PostFrontier_Bill, on Jun 7 2007, 02:15 AM, said:

why lose the barrel?

Oh right, 98c. Yea, single venting is probably better than double venting. And 15" is going to save money, but my 16" guideline was just in general, not specifically to the Brass.

-J'92
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   neocool00 

• Insanity is a state of mind and I'm the governor.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:NEOCOOL00

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:18 PM

Budget barrel (under $30): J&J Ceramic
Single one piece barrel: PPS Brass (as already mentioned)
Kit: Sly dual carbon fiber kit or Deadlywind Whisper (carbon fiber barrel that accepts freak inserts)

I went with the Sly on mine only because I didn't know about the Deadlywind Whisper and the PPS Brass barrels. I will say that I love my Sly kit. It has made a huge difference in my groupings.

I would also ditch the LP kit and go with a palmers stablizer and possibly a HPA tank.
My Feedback: Special Ops : Ion Owners : eBay

#14 User is offline   ma0x 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

try a stiffi 18" and an apex. from what i've shot that seems pretty good. if you're on a budget, ops' barrel is nice, long, and decently accurate. if you want range too, definately go for the apex. i would stay away from the low pressure kit and stick with the palmers as neocool said.

(also i wasn't aware they made a PPS brass barrel for the 98. link me if you can.)

as for the paint, you don't need it, you can go for gun ghillie, or try some paint called duracoat. it's paint made for firearms and has had equally successful results on paintball and airsoft guns.

This post has been edited by ma0x: 28 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

#15 User is offline   Monoxide 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Monoxide

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:33 PM

Heres order you should buy upgrades:

Barrel
LPK
Rocket Cock
QLoader