• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

T9 upgrade questions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   JohnC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:12 AM

I've recently purchased a T9 and am now looking to switch out the barrels and add a hopper.

- Lapco barrels: The 16" has solid reviews, and I could easily see this since the first section is the only tight bore in the group. But I can't find much when comparing the 9" Lapco to the stock short barrel, does anyone have it or an idea or it's relative effectiveness?

- Q-Loader: Placing the canister under the barrel seems quite handy, but it looks like it would interfere with hand placement?

Thanks for the input

#2 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:30 AM

You cant go wrong with a Lapco barrel. 9 inch or 16...doesnt matter Lapco makes quality products.
Qloaders...at least for new Qloaders, I would shy away from. The new Qloader is much lower Quality than the old Qloader. If you do get one, see if someone is selling the older gen 1 Qloader stuff. Ive used the Qloader for about 2 years, both Gen 1 and 2...the Gen 2 stuff is crap. I believe that you can buy side rails for the T9, Id get a CMS Qloader adapter and mount it to the rail on the side, not bottom.

Also, check out our video ont he T9, it may help you decide how you want it to look and you can see the preformance of the stock T9 barrel vs. the Lapco. Its on our YouTube page at http://youtube.com/FEARPaintball

#3 User is offline   JohnC 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:48 PM

View PostEnhander, on Oct 9 2009, 08:30 AM, said:

You cant go wrong with a Lapco barrel. 9 inch or 16...doesnt matter Lapco makes quality products.
Qloaders...at least for new Qloaders, I would shy away from. The new Qloader is much lower Quality than the old Qloader. If you do get one, see if someone is selling the older gen 1 Qloader stuff. Ive used the Qloader for about 2 years, both Gen 1 and 2...the Gen 2 stuff is crap. I believe that you can buy side rails for the T9, Id get a CMS Qloader adapter and mount it to the rail on the side, not bottom.

Also, check out our video ont he T9, it may help you decide how you want it to look and you can see the preformance of the stock T9 barrel vs. the Lapco. Its on our YouTube page at http://youtube.com/FEARPaintball

Thanks for the help, also there was something else I remembered.

Do you have any tips for minimizing chopped balls? Is there a certain regulator setting or paint you would recommend?

#4 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 09 October 2009 - 03:32 PM

I assume you are using a hopper? Get a better force-feed hopper. The standard hopper attachment on the T9 isn't sloped very much so a gravity feed or cheap agitating hopper doesn't feed very well.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users