• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Silencing an A-5 Need Advice...again. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SolarisVII 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:08 PM

This subject has probably been run to death, but anyway...

Decided to go play sniper today at my local field, brought along my Action Ghillie (Good work with this stuff SpecOps!) my radios, and A-5, decked out with a new red dot, barrel and stock...

Anyway, on maybe my 3rd game, I crept up on a guy from behind and made him jump nice and high.

However, it was then my problems ensued. One of my incredibly bright teammates heard my shot that knocked this guy out, and he proceeded to run to me and mow me down.
It was this little lesson that told me I need to quiet this gun down, or risk being run down for a second time. I'd appriciate anything LEGAL and REASONABLE (No silencers for example.)
that might help me quiet the A-5 down so I can use it more effectively.

Thanks Peeps.
SolarisVII :ninja:

(Oh yeah, i'd like to have an escape route too, you know, maintaining my capability to use my R/T when absolutely needed.)

#2 User is offline   ranger111133 

• the powdered sugar king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ranger111133

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:00 AM

i have a a5 too and i'v found that if u get a new bolt (a delrin star bolt is a really good one) it makes ur gun a little bit quiter. its sorta a hassle to get the bolt in but its i like it. (its also really cheap too)

#3 Guest_whoodoo_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:20 AM

many of us have added J&J Ceramic barrels 14" or 16". They are arguably as quiet as it gets, without doing Low Pressure Mods...etc...

#4 User is offline   Exile 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:43 PM

View Postwhoodoo, on Oct 15 2007, 07:20 AM, said:

many of us have added J&J Ceramic barrels 14" or 16". They are arguably as quiet as it gets, without doing Low Pressure Mods...etc...

I recommend the JJ also it should do the trick.

#5 User is offline   ranger111133 

• PipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:54 PM

jj is ok but its not that accurate......i have a c-series and a j&j and the c series is quieter

#6 User is offline   SolarisVII 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:34 PM

Hm, i'm getting mixed signals here...how about a Stiffi? I heard thats about as quiet as it gets...although the bore size is large, am I right?

How about LPA mod, polished internals etc..?

#7 User is offline   Swamp Thing 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SwampThing666

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:31 AM

C series is a stiffi but for half the price. I am not sure what the big diff is but the price is right on the C Series. I have one and it is very quiet

Swamp
Captain Underground Mod Shop Special Operations Guerrillas U.M.S.S.O.G.
SPPL 2nd Place Rookie Division 2008 @ Bearclaw
Executive Officer of the 352nd Panzenjagers OK D Day (2008)
CO of the 709th Artillerie Regiment, OK D Day (2009)

#8 User is offline   ranger111133 

• PipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:44 AM

if ur thinking of getting a stiffi get a c series because its the same thing as a stiffi but way cheaper

#9 User is offline   SolarisVII 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:44 AM

Alright, C-Series then, any machine modifications I should make? Low Pressure Air? Polished Internals?

#10 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:11 PM

polish the internals. that's an easy, semi free mod
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   AnEchoSoldier 

• Future Property of the USMC
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AnEchoSoldier

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:40 PM

They make a RocketCock for the A-5, right? Those are supposed to muffle the sound of the bolt a little bit, or so I've been told.

There's also something that's been going around for a while where you take one of thos sticky felt feet for furniture and cut it down to fit over the front end of your bolt.
"I submit to you that if a man has not found something he is willing to die for, than he is not fit to live!"
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Put This In Your Sig if Your Parents Don't Pay For Your Stuff

#12 User is offline   WickedKlown2 

• HELLIONS - ODB 130
  • PipPip

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:14 PM

I thought the RocketCock was for the 98C not the A-5...

Also I wouldn't put anything on the front of the bolt because if it comes off you will Jam-Up the bolt and it will quit working until you can disassemble your marker to clear the Jam (not a good thing in the middle of a fire fight),,, the back of the bolt doesn't come into contact with anything so nothing there would be needed... And why would you put anything on the front of the bolt because the only thing it comes into contact with is the paintball ??? The metallic noise you are hearing is when the hammer makes contact with the Valve Pin and I wouldn't put anything between either of those... Just my thoughts...

As for Barrels you can order the Freak back to go with the St!ffi front or even a Deadlywind CF Fibur that is made to take the Freak Inserts directly into the back of the barrel(no back needed)...

I have tried everything (and spent countless $$) to make my A-5 more quiet and haven't come across much more than a Carbon Fiber Barrel to help out... Also I have heard that HammerHead Barrels re-direct the sound back toward the shooter to make the sound effect of the shot alot less toward the target (Loud to the Shooter and Quiet to the Target)...

just my 2 pennies...

This post has been edited by WickedKlown2: 17 October 2007 - 01:51 PM

Proudly Sponsored by Tippmann, Full Clip, Hammerhead and CPX Sports

#13 Guest_TippySnipa_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:52 PM

rocket cock is for the 98

I have an A5 and they are loud no matter what you do to them... if you want a quieter gun buy a new one. Maybe a Spyder, Mag, Phantom or Cocker.

#14 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 06 November 2007 - 05:02 PM

View PostTippySnipa, on Nov 6 2007, 06:52 PM, said:

rocket cock is for the 98

I have an A5 and they are loud no matter what you do to them... if you want a quieter gun buy a new one. Maybe a Spyder, Mag, Phantom or Cocker.

all of the above are good choices, but if you want to be able to throw paint still if you need to, go with a mag or a cocker. a little more hands-on with the maintenance, but very good guns. (go older on the cocker, 2000-2003 were golden years)

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#15 User is offline   Dugg 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Cdugg

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:16 AM

My setupp is an a5 with polished internals,star fire bolt,compression barrel,e grip,40 rnd tac cap,and LPK.After installing the lpk i went to the back yard to throw some paint thru it it and found why did i spend the money on lpk if anything it,s a smidg quieter,but it was money spent.So the when i got out to play an actual game with it i had my buddies say wow dude what did you do to your gun?What do you mean i say?They said from about 30-50' you can hear the gun but so quiet can't tell where it came from(i don't shoot long ropes of paint like 2 or 3 shots at a time)hearing that made me happier about the $210 i spent on the LPK and i think with a deadly wind cf and inserts it would be even less,but i love my compresion barrel.Sorry for writing a whole storie here.

DUGG

This post has been edited by Dugg: 07 November 2007 - 04:17 AM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users