Special Ops Paintball: Action Ghillie vs. Burlap/Jute - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Action Ghillie vs. Burlap/Jute Rate Topic: -----

Poll: AG vs. Burlap/Jute ghillie (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one works better?

1. A.G (action ghillie) (36 votes [40.91%])

Percentage of vote: 40.91%

2. Burlap Ghillie (52 votes [59.09%])

Percentage of vote: 59.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   P.W.G. 

• Im a simpleton. OH LOOKY LIL ORANGE DOTS!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Capt. Kiss

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:29 AM

Which one provides better concealment?
Save gas, fart in a jar-nuff said

#2 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:34 AM

Burlap does hands down. Burlap actually is natural so it has the same sheen and qualities as natural stuff does. Also as jute splits apart it creates little strands that are great at catching on to leaves and pulling them into your suit. Also burlap and jute "absorb" the environment very well meaning they will allow dirt and leaves and everything from the environment to sink in and add to the color. Also burlap suits are custom made to the environment offering better concealment and they also allow natural foliage which should be at least half of your ghillie suit if not more. Action Ghillie is man's attempt at re-creating nature, and there's a reason why real world military snipers don't use it. If you want better breatheability and movement, go with Action Ghillie, but if you want the event of being stepped on to occur often, I'd go with burlap. Personally I use a jute ghillie with netting on a mesh clothing Mossy Oak base. I combine it with a CamelBak underneath with ice water in it and I never have problems with overheating. In terms of concealment, burlap/jute win by a landslide IMO.

This post has been edited by HeadshotPhantom: 20 July 2007 - 09:35 AM

#3 Guest_Wolftalon_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:42 AM

I won't vote!

I agree with headshot for the most part. But for a paintball game, I have created a hybrid suit. Burlap, jute, camo netting, and action ghillie. Its really nice and the depth is lighter and more varied. I dont have to add so much natural veg to the suit to get a good color match.

I do remove a lot of burrs though!! Burlap and burrs are like white on rice in a field!!! :panzer:

WT

#4 User is offline   stryker2-1 

• Stryker
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98c_for_hire

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:48 PM

they both have their places, they both do well for their purpose
the thing is, action ghillie was designed for hunting deer from treeblinds.... and deer have very poor eyesight anyway, due to their ability only to see black and white
whereas the sniper/burlap ghillie was designed to hunt people, which have very excellent, clear, sharp eyesight, that can pick up the slightest differences in their surroundings
IMO, burlap wins it hands down, as the previous 2 said

#5 User is offline   stryker2-1 

• Stryker
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98c_for_hire

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:54 PM

my ghillie(my display pic) is actually a lot of different things, i started with an old BDU jacket, cut a huge vent in the back, and hand wove a net from hemp twine and stripped out camo material of all kinds, realtree, woodland, and even some plain clothes and tied it in fairly thick(more so in some places to break up the body better) and i actually just dressed it up again with some grass from inside my mower, since it was nice and dry and changed colors from bein dead, so it wasnt one solid color, and i left plenty of strips open to tie in any other natural cover i will need next game i play

#6 User is offline   Vrysius 

• Fire breathing dragon?
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Vrysius

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:01 PM

It is just not worth it to wear a burlap ghillie in hot weather. AG FTW.

#7 User is offline   Deetinator 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Deetinator

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:02 PM

I have the action ghillie (the hunting kind with the leaf shapes on it) and a guy was within 5 feet of me, looked at me twice, and still didn't see me! (so I shot him) Realtree and action ghillie own the woods, but burlap is the best for places like tall grass and on tree lines, but in the thick of the forest, action ghillie owns
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

maximum 2 lines of text with images
Max 6 lines of text, no image
maximum size exceeded

#8 User is offline   Jaron 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jaron

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:29 PM

Those praising burlap because it's used by real world snipers seem to be forgetting one large aspect: combat snipers and paintball snipers have very little in common. Combat snipers are for long range recon and priority target take down, it's primarily about intel gathering and they don't move much. Paintball snipers are about ambushing and hit-and-run tactics. You don't need full-proof cover to pass intense visual scrutiny, just something passable to give you a few seconds diversion to get your shots off. Yes a properly dressed jute suit is great concealment for someone who's going to be sitting in one place for a hour or so, but the weight, heat, and fire-retardant are not ideal for someone who lays a string of fall back ambushes. Hell, the size of it alone just makes you a bigger and more visible target while walking through the woods. Unless you plan to slow crawl everywhere, I wouldn't go with one.

#9 Guest_TippySnipa_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:56 PM

burlap but it gets REALLY HOT so i wish i had an action ghillie

#10 User is offline   Feather Sniper729 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AATPT EAGLE

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:47 PM

Action ghillie with what I like to call a little modification. www.bushrag.com has these things called bushpach or hunters pach wich allows for natural veggies. :happy: and awsome camo.
Its not all about the publicity the photos and the awards, its about enjoying the game.

#11 User is offline   Sprout 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Location:North Carolina..But u better check ur six just incase.
  • Brigade Name:Sprout2

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:51 AM

Burlap, much cheaper and you can really personalize it for you...
If you see me, it's too late.

#12 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

Between the two of them. Burlap. Just cuz it's burlap doen't mean you can't make one to stalk in. Just put some on the front as well and wah lah stalker burlap ghillie. You make it well, you can go prone if you need to.

However I still like camo netting for paintball. I based mine on a stalker ghillie and a real ghillie from a sniper's manual I own. Best of both worlds plus a lil more.

See the forum Ghillie photos for my Ghillie.

This post has been edited by Marine Scout Sniper: 19 October 2007 - 08:17 PM

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#13 User is offline   tippmann553 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:tippmann553

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:40 AM

burlap/jute hands down
L33t H4ck

#14 User is offline   Sprout 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Location:North Carolina..But u better check ur six just incase.
  • Brigade Name:Sprout2

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:29 PM

Now that I think about it....It depends on your style of playing....The action ghillie is great for ghost ghillie...But also mossy oak has some good bases for ghillies that are breathable...But it's your decision...I might get the ag though...
If you see me, it's too late.

#15 User is offline   FalconFighter 

• Target that shoots back
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:FalconFighter

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:46 AM

The effectiveness of a suit depends on the location of play. From my experiences, in a grassy field-like area a burlap and jute ghillie will be amazing. However I have seen burlap suits adapted to work in forests. The action ghillie would most likely be great in a leafy, hardwood forest environment because of its leafy texture. I have never seen an action ghillie used effectively in a field

Bottom line...adapt whatever suit you have to the area you will be hiding in. This can and probably will mean add natural vegetation regardless of your location.
One Shot, One Kill-Tippmann 98 or anyting else
"I guess we should be thankful they're all shooting in the same direction!" Last Samurai
My Feedback
"If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions, you have FAILED as a paintballer."

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users