Special Ops Paintball: Review of: Pod Rockets, PCS Car stock, - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Review of: Pod Rockets, PCS Car stock, Neslon Special Forces paint, R5 ricochet hopper and Flurry vest.

#1 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:45 PM

Pod Rockets: When I got the box that was stuffed to the brim with packing peanuts. I now realize why they are so expensive, all the peanuts, I opened up the podand was surprised at how small they were. I should have realized though they would be small. They are light weight and I would imagine if the wind was blowing so would the pods rockets. I used two of the six that I bought today. They were okay, and that was it, just okay. I did eliminate 4 people with one, but with another one it blew up in the air. I am not going to be purchasing these again unless they blow me out of the water when I use the rest next weekend. They were a little pricey. On a scale from 1-10 I give them a 5, the one that did work worked well, but the other blew in mid air.

PCS Car Stock: I got this a few weeks back and just now got a chance to use it. It has four positions and I prefer the 3rd or 4th position as I am a big guy. It has a slight wobble at the full extension. I liked the way it allowed me to point at something but still maintain a lock on my target. It is a really nice addition to my A5. It also looks real nice. It doesnt have an oring like the BT does, and the guy at the paintball shop said that is good so it wont break easy. On a scale from 1-10 I give it an 8, it is stable and sturdy, does the job and looks nice, but it has a bit of a wobble to it. Not enough to mess anything up but it is noticable every now and then.

Nelson Special Forces paint: I bought a case yesterday, it comes in a hard plastic box. The boxalso has a place to hold things like wrenches, orings ect. on the top. It was $50 for a case, but a case is only 1800 paintballs. You are paying for the box if you ask me. The paint worked real well today. It was about 30 degrees with a light snow. The paint was flying as straight as an arrow. My barrel is a Smart Parts All American it worked well, one of the best paints used. I didnt break one ball all day. It has a nice thick shell with a bright thick paint. It is hard to wipe and really shows up well. I had the Seal verson which is blue, they also make an Army version that is green. The blue showed up extremely well. 1-10 it gets a 9, I love this paint. There is no perfect paint but this is pretty close.

R5 Ricochet hopper: The hopper looks really good on the A5, it lowers the profile of the gun, compared to the stock hopper. It holds a few less rounds than the stock hopper. The plastic is different than the stock hopper its lighter or something. It makes it a lot louder. There is that sniper padding that I wish I got but I can rig something together. It is really loud if you dont have a full hopper. The lid is kinda tough to get open and closed but thats good so it wont fly open. I used it for the first time today and the lid is already scatched which kinda sucks. Also the lid is clear but spray paint will fix that. The ricochet lives up to its name, I had several (maybe 6-8) ricochet off the hopper. I only had one break all day on the hopper. Scale 1-10 I would give this hopper a 7, it does make the balls ricochet off the hopper, but is very loud and the lid is a pain to open and close. Also it just a personal preferance, but I am not a fan of the clear lid.

Flurry Emissary Vest: Bougt this vest with my tax return, it is a woodland camo, the green is very green but after a few uses it will not be so bright. It was a little on the expensive side, $106.20 to be exact. But IMO it was worth every penny. It was very chilly today, about 30 degrees and it kept me nice and warm. It has 4+2 and a place for air, easy to access. The pods were a little hard to reach so I lowered them and they were easy to get. It has a pocket up front for a map or ID, I used it to put my tools. It also has two pockets on the front, which are perfect for 100 round pods. It easily accomadates us bigger paintball players. It has a strap around the stomach and has two "wings" with velcro that attachs to that strap. This vest also saved my back literally, today I was shot in the hopper, raised my gun and yelled "out!" as I turned around to walk off I was shot 8 times. 5 hit the vest, the other three left huge welts on my back, that guy had to be shooting hot. This is the greatest ball carrying devise I have owned. 1-10 I give it a 9.8, it would be good if they made it so you can secure the pods better, they tend to move up and down while running. That is the only complaint. And that doesnt even bother me. If you want a vest and cant decide what to get I suggest the Flurry, you will be glad you got it.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#2 User is offline   Rovert 

• The one, the only RoverT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:RoverT

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:55 PM

I give you a 10/10 for some grade A unbiased reviews, good Job!!

5 man recon team>30 man walking catastrophe

#3 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:12 PM

View PostRovert, on Feb 12 2006, 07:55 PM, said:

I give you a 10/10 for some grade A unbiased reviews, good Job!!

i agree!

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#4 User is offline   scphantom9195 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scphantom9195

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:54 PM

What are the pod rockets? I haven't heard of them.

Thanks for taking the time to write a good review. I suck at writing.
"Only the strong survive. The weak are killed and eaten as fingerfood." SDI SSgt Patterson, USMC, Platoon 1077[/b]
My feedback http://forum.special...=1

www.okcompanypaintball.com

#5 User is offline   Prodigy 

• Public Enemy #1
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DavidP1013

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:12 PM

The pod rockets are 3 smaller grenades that come in one 140 round pod.
Team Krisis
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there...your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it..

How the hell could you stop me? Why in the world would you try? I go hard forever that's just how I'm designed, that's just how I was built.

#6 User is offline   Warriortothecore882 

• out of retirement
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warriortothecore882

Posted 19 February 2006 - 04:43 PM

Nice reviews.

Fortem et Honorem - Strength and Honor

#7 User is offline   itsalive2 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:snipait

Posted 12 February 2007 - 03:14 PM

From what I've seen the richochet works realy well at making paintballs bounce off but they bounce right into you.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users