• You cannot reply to this topic

Custom Chronographs Review Makers of the Grey X-Radar

#1 User is offline   Side-Swipe 

• Born in the USSR, I have no country to call my own
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Side-Swipe

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:54 PM

I had received my friends X-Radar because he was leaving the game. I took it out to a field and it wasnt working. I called Custom Chronograph and asked what i should do. They suggested that I jingle keys in front of it to see if the numbers roll then its ok, if they didnt to call back or send it in. I did and the numbers didnt roll. I called back the next day and they gave me a address and said to put in 10 bucks for return shipping. Later that day the customer service rep whom I spoke to the first time called me back and said to just send it in. He called me in concern of me having a defective product. I called later and they said they received it and repaired it, it appeared to have had a wire come loose from being dropped. They said they would send me my 10 dollars back because it was their fault the chrono broke. They also repair the battery prongs for free because i broke one taking out the 9v once, as i asked them to. My chrono was made in May/2006, and there warranty is 90 days, they knew this ahead of time and still agreed to repair it for me for the cost of shipping. I had my chrono back in about 1 and a half, they are located in Washington and I am in Illinois, just giving a sense of distance.

They are great guys, if deciding between the gray and yellow, go with the gray chrono aka X-Radar. It has a 3 digit screen and can also read BPS. Customers service is superb.

#2 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:05 PM

X-Radar's are the best handheld chrono you can get (that I know of). I hate those yellow one that can only display 2 numbers. Those things hardly ever read right for me.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#3 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:28 PM

Agreed, My X-Radar took a direct hit when the person I was spot checking pulled back after taking fire. Only damage I could find was a shattered LCD everything else was fine. I called them up and they agreed to ship me a new LCD no problem! I owned the Radarchron (yellow one) first and it was total PITB with the X-Radar you press and hold the button while the person shoots and it continues to give readings while the radarchron has to be pressed everytime. Not to mention the X-Radar is $10 bucks cheaper.
The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

#4 User is offline   Side-Swipe 

• Born in the USSR, I have no country to call my own
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Side-Swipe

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:47 AM

View PostSped-SR, on Nov 23 2008, 08:28 PM, said:

Agreed, My X-Radar took a direct hit when the person I was spot checking pulled back after taking fire. Only damage I could find was a shattered LCD everything else was fine. I called them up and they agreed to ship me a new LCD no problem! I owned the Radarchron (yellow one) first and it was total PITB with the X-Radar you press and hold the button while the person shoots and it continues to give readings while the radarchron has to be pressed everytime. Not to mention the X-Radar is $10 bucks cheaper.

Yeah i also do believe they makers of the big red or another version of it. If I ever needed another i would get this one(but i wouldnt cuz they fix them for you), no hesitation.

I really didnt know where to post this review, but the SAFETY sections seemed suitable.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users