• You cannot reply to this topic

What is a good Paintball Mask? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:54 AM

View Postchasbronson, on Jun 25 2010, 01:21 AM, said:

Empire Vents Thermal Helix model easy change ,thick lens ,never fogs.Best bang for the buck.We use them We rent them.$30 puts you in one.Make sure it says thermal NOT antifog or you will get single lens.

This.

I've been talking these up for over a year now since my cousin picked up a pair on eBay for that $30 shipped. They are the exact same mask as the Avatars but a harder plastic & he loves them.

Of course, as has been mentioned... if it doesn't fit you well, then move on to something else.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#17 User is offline   aslanprime 

• Tippmann Slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASLANPRIME

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:44 AM

Another good point. "Anti-Fog" does not equal "Thermal Lens".

I must have spent close to a year messing with those "Zero Fog" inserts before learning for myself that all you need is a thermal lens and you won't have a problem.
Proto Matrix PM5, Toxic trigger, Shocktech clamping feedneck, Virtue Board, CP On/Off, Dye Dm4 Sticky Grips, 12" Long Shot barrel
Automaggot #26 MY WEBPAGE MY FEEDBACK GUNS FOR SALE MY BRIGADE PAGE CHEAPEST PAINTBALLS ONLINE

#18 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:23 PM

Question:

My first set of profiler lenses i washed the back of (with a cloth ><) and it fogged like crazy after.

When I look up the goggles, it says they are "Thermo-Cured Anti-Fog" ... are they thermal? and are ALL Profiler replacement lenses Thermal?

#19 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:46 PM

For the record I own a Profiler & Morph - both use the exact same lens.

All Vforce lenses are "thermo-cured", not dual pane. W/ enough cleaning, the thermo-curing will wear off & allow for fogging. I typically replace my lenses once a year so I rarely have to worry much about the coating wearing off. Only in the most extreme situations have I had issues w/ fogging (raining/high humidity) & that is typically because the coating is starting to wear off & it's near the time for me to replace it anyways.
ger

#20 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:13 PM

View Postger, on Jun 25 2010, 01:46 PM, said:

For the record I own a Profiler & Morph - both use the exact same lens.

All Vforce lenses are "thermo-cured", not dual pane. W/ enough cleaning, the thermo-curing will wear off & allow for fogging. I typically replace my lenses once a year so I rarely have to worry much about the coating wearing off. Only in the most extreme situations have I had issues w/ fogging (raining/high humidity) & that is typically because the coating is starting to wear off & it's near the time for me to replace it anyways.

Ahh I see :laugh: I've had mine fog when the foam got soaked from sweat (got a cap to absorb it) and after a scenario I had paint on the inside of the lens so I probably wiped lots of it off trying to get at the stuff under the lens (I couldn't figure out what the instructions for taking off the lens meant until I watched how online).

Thanks!

#21 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:03 PM

FWIW - One key to keeping the coating on longer is not using any kind of cleaning agent, just water & a soft cloth. The same goes for dual-pane, but don't submerge the lens in water... the foam seal can absorb water & break down allowing moisture in between the lenses rendering the thermal properties useless.

Just thought I'd throw that out there :laugh:
ger

#22 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:31 PM

View Postger, on Jun 25 2010, 03:03 PM, said:

FWIW - One key to keeping the coating on longer is not using any kind of cleaning agent, just water & a soft cloth. The same goes for dual-pane, but don't submerge the lens in water... the foam seal can absorb water & break down allowing moisture in between the lenses rendering the thermal properties useless.

Just thought I'd throw that out there :P

As in no anti-fog/don't put under running sink? :P

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users