The "official" MilSig Thread No, not Mil Sim! Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Chem Daddy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Chem Daddy

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:49 AM

View PostThumper113, on 31 July 2010 - 03:03 PM, said:

Mil Sig makes some sick looking markers..

just a little to pricey..

i recommend being very awesome at playing pump before getting one of these markers..

going from carrying anywhere between 200-500 rounds a game to carrying 20-40 or so.. is a challenge.

i can only imagine how much the mags cost... frankly im scared to look and see how much..

The Milsig mags cost about as much as a T8/T9 mag. Problem is you need several... (This is why mine is still hopperfed...)

So far my experiance using magazine feed (running a T8 primary) has been it is more difficult than stock class. Sure its a semi, but the logistics of carrying extra magazines slows me down. I can top off my VSC Phantom any time and if I drop a 10-round tube so what. A $35-$40 magazine is a different matter. It's an interesting playstyle, I just need more practice to really pull it off...LOL
Back off man! I'm a scientist!
Pumps rock.

#17 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

View PostChem Daddy, on 01 August 2010 - 01:49 PM, said:

View PostThumper113, on 31 July 2010 - 03:03 PM, said:

Mil Sig makes some sick looking markers..

just a little to pricey..

i recommend being very awesome at playing pump before getting one of these markers..

going from carrying anywhere between 200-500 rounds a game to carrying 20-40 or so.. is a challenge.

i can only imagine how much the mags cost... frankly im scared to look and see how much..

The Milsig mags cost about as much as a T8/T9 mag. Problem is you need several... (This is why mine is still hopperfed...)

So far my experiance using magazine feed (running a T8 primary) has been it is more difficult than stock class. Sure its a semi, but the logistics of carrying extra magazines slows me down. I can top off my VSC Phantom any time and if I drop a 10-round tube so what. A $35-$40 magazine is a different matter. It's an interesting playstyle, I just need more practice to really pull it off...LOL

well when you compare the weight of a loaded Tiberius magazine, to a 10 round plastic tube.. yea.. Tiberius mags take the cake in weight cause you can drop them and not have to worry about it cracking in half on concrete.

Tpx mags aint that heavy at all... (they're plastic) but i always worry about dropping one and breaking it.. i guess thats what you get when the mags are almost half the price of a T8/T9 mag
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#18 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

From what I understand, the MILSIG and T68 magazines use the same system to feed (spring feed)...but from almost everyone I've seen in person with a MILSIG, they just stopped using the clips because the spring tended to break balls occasionally...requiring a breakdown and cleanup of the mag. Waste of a $1000 or so to use a hopper on it :tup:

I recently heard about the AT4 and AT85 and they look wicked...they use a Nelson-style bolt (like the Phantom) which has a hook that catches a chain in their magazines. Every time the bolt recycles, it pulls the chain and puts another round in! And it gets something like 12bps...mechanical auto? Not sure how.

The trouble for me is that it (unlike the MILSIGs, which are Canadian anyways) does not have little things like a trigger spaced too far from the magazine...so it is considered a "replica weapon". This means if I try to import one into Canada, it gets taken away at the border. :(

#19 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:38 PM

ATS markers have proven to be very "finicky..." I hear they are a blast, but not the most reliable with the chain driven mag system.

#20 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

i think il stick with gravity feed and the already picky picky on paint TPX for now =P
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#21 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:07 PM

View Postshadow_772, on 02 August 2010 - 07:38 PM, said:

ATS markers have proven to be very "finicky..." I hear they are a blast, but not the most reliable with the chain driven mag system.

Yeah I heard they can be high maintenance too :P it's too bad but I guess the more complex your stuff gets the more crap can break (and will)!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users