• You cannot reply to this topic

Real Guns Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:14 PM

You must be 21 to purchase a handgun in the U.S.

You can own one at 18 if you own your own business and must keep it at your place of business, but you still can't buy one. (some states, not all)

#17 User is offline   Nightwolf 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:21 PM

lol so they say im 15 and own 5 but my dad bought them for me

#18 User is offline   stryker2-1 

• Stryker
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:98c_for_hire

Posted 23 October 2007 - 09:12 PM

cant BUY em for yourself, but there aint nothin the G-man can do if a parent buys one and hooks it up for a Bday gift of sorts... i thought i had some pics on my computer, but cant find em at the moment, i may hafta get a small photo shoot goin here in a minute, aint got nothin TOO fancy, but all are definitely fun :laugh:

taurus .357 mag
FIE mod. tex .22 revolver...which i happened to notice the first guy has...... i need to get ahold of a cylinder claw and a new trigger spring for it though(dig yer grips on yers btw bud)
bushmaster AR15.... heavy lil monster, got a 20-22 inch(not 100% right off...) fluted match barrel NCstar 3-9x mildot scope
remington 597(.22)
czech mauser K98
springfield armory 1911...bonestock aside from a brand new and dialed in trigger
berretta U22 neos.... looks killer, thinkin bout mounting a red dot since its got a weaver top rail built on

few more, but dont wanna make the list no longer than it already is fer now...pics after a while(hopefully)

#19 User is offline   STAZ211 

• Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:17 AM

my family has 2 shotguns, 2 3030's, 2 rifles, a .22, 357 magnium revolver, a WW1 bolt action rifle (not sure what kind, its really old and faded), and a elephant gun (yes, seriously. my dads friend found and old elephant gun somewhere and gave it to him, but it doesnt work).

my hope is to start collecting WW2 guns. if anyone knows where i can get some. plz tell me.

This post has been edited by STAZ211: 24 October 2007 - 08:23 AM

"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."

#20 User is offline   zguy95135 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:23 AM

* Mosin Nagant M44 (carbine w/folding bayonet)
* Mosin Nagant M91/30 ex-sniper

Posted Image

Pretty soon a Saiga 7.62x39 carbine :D

This post has been edited by zguy95135: 24 October 2007 - 09:30 AM

#21 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 09:23 AM

View PostSTAZ211, on Oct 24 2007, 08:17 AM, said:

my family has 2 shotguns, 2 3030's, 2 rifles, a .22, 357 magnium revolver, a WW1 bolt action rifle (not sure what kind, its really old and faded), and a elephant gun (yes, seriously. my dads friend found and old elephant gun somewhere and gave it to him, but it doesnt work).

my hope is to start collecting WW2 guns. if anyone knows where i can get some. plz tell me.

Are you looking for not safe for shooting collectibles in mint condition, or guns that you want to shoot as well as look at? I personally like to shoot every gun I will own, and guns that have seen use in WW2 are worth more to me than ones produced during WW2 but never used. They are easier to find. Check out the collector magazines though, and you'll find a lot of info.

#22 User is offline   Ragedman 

• There's my chip chip.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I have one, used it once...like π years.

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:21 AM

View PostC9H13NO3, on Oct 23 2007, 06:14 PM, said:

You must be 21 to purchase a handgun in the U.S.

You can own one at 18 if you own your own business and must keep it at your place of business, but you still can't buy one. (some states, not all)

Isnt is that you can buy a handgun from a LICENSED dealer at 21, but from a friend or family member you can be 18. You can also shoot it but you can not conceal carry it until you are 21 and have the license for that.

#23 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:28 AM

You can buy it from a friend or family member, or inherit it, but you also cant have it shipped to you, because that has to go through an FFL. You can shoot it, but only if accompanied by someone at least 21. Can't transport it or anything else either.

#24 User is offline   STAZ211 

• Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:57 AM

View PostC9H13NO3, on Oct 24 2007, 12:23 PM, said:

View PostSTAZ211, on Oct 24 2007, 08:17 AM, said:

Are you looking for not safe for shooting collectibles in mint condition, or guns that you want to shoot as well as look at? I personally like to shoot every gun I will own, and guns that have seen use in WW2 are worth more to me than ones produced during WW2 but never used. They are easier to find. Check out the collector magazines though, and you'll find a lot of info.

yea, i want to shoot them too. i looked online, but only found replicas or non-working ones. plus i live in NJ, where u need a freakn chriminal backround check to buy a water gun.
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."

#25 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:58 AM

View PostC9H13NO3, on Oct 24 2007, 11:28 AM, said:

You can shoot it, but only if accompanied by someone at least 21. Can't transport it or anything else either.

Not entirely true.

It can be in the trunk, unloaded, if going to/from the range or to/from your place of employment (assuming the employer has given you permission). No detours allowed though (ie, no dropping by the gas station or McDonalds on the way).

And yes, you can shoot alone if you are 18 or above. The only time the 21 or older supervisor is required is if the shooting is done by a minor.

At least, my local range let me on between the ages of 18 and 21 by myself.
Member of Team Akkadian

#26 User is offline   Trial 

• In the beginning, there was Jack...
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TRIAL

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:04 PM

View Postblack hawk down, on Oct 23 2007, 04:38 PM, said:

nice, i wish i could get real guns

Aren't you the person that mentioned that you were depressed?!

#27 User is offline   Nightwolf 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:28 PM

my freind has a WWII Mosin Nagant Im going to start collecting WWII guns also im going to try and get an M1 Grand first.but i just go to my local gun shows to find them they sell airsoft Thompsons and yes this is hard to belive flame throwers and a ton of WWII guns but I live in Tennessee so its a pretty redneck state lol

#28 User is offline   snipin'since88 

• TEUFELHUNDEN
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipinsince88

Posted 24 October 2007 - 01:41 PM

there is already a gun thread....

#29 User is offline   Nightwolf 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:08 PM

yea i just found that one its more about wich guns are better though saw some pics of your guns though nice collection were u in the Military

#30 User is offline   GHOSTRECON12 

• is an alaskin with night vision goggles
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GHOSTRECON12

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:16 PM

i live in dirty jersey where everyone fears guns and the laws on it are tighter than Phil Margara in spandex. my dad owns a shotgun though i dont know what kind and he doesnt have any pics. ill post some if he lets me fire it like he says he will once he gets a new fireing pin. ill be sure to snap a pic.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender--Winston Churchill

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users