• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

maintenance on 98? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   bigsal39 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

im not quite sure on how to take care of my new gun just got it not sure what i have to do any help would be ok about it whatever you do and works good tell me please.

#2 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:13 PM

Hello. Welcome to the forum. Please use punctuation between sentences as that will make your posts easier to read and understand.

The best thing to do is study your marker. Did you buy it brand new? Read the manual cover to cover and follow all directions. Simple as that. If you bought a used one and didn't get a manual with it, you can easily find it multiple places on the internet.

If you bought it used, unless you know the previous owner cleaned it well......once you have familiarized yourself with the manual, I suggest inspecting it to see if it is clean or not. Unless it is VERY dirty, you probably don't need to take it apart and clean the inside. If you do, be VERY careful about that. After removing the bolts, wrap the marker loosely in a towel when you separate the two halves to avoid parts flying out and you losing some small pieces.

Common errors: Losing the tiny spring that is in the front sight, and putting the ball detent in backwards. STUDY YOUR DIAGRAM.

If all you need is some lube, put a few drops in the hole where you put on the CO2 tank, air it up and fire a couple of shots. That should pretty well lube the necessary parts of the marker.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#3 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:02 PM

hey sal, wats goin on .... here is a link for your 98c that has instructions on how to tear it down, and what to do and use for maintenance ... any other questions you got for leaks or upgrades or watever ... just post em up ... there is a lot of good guys on here that are pretty sharp, especially with tippmanns that can help you through watever you got ...

welcome to the forums bud, see ya around :tup:

kla

http://www.model98.o...stom-manual.pdf

#4 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

is it a 98.... 98 custom or 98 custom act???
either way the 98 is the easiest to maintain.. keep her oiled up and that is about it.....

also one thing you can do from start.. is to get to know your marker.. open her up (be careful of the springs that will shoot out and figure out where everything goes...
then polish the internals... google it.... or 98og.net and search it...
basically creating less friction inside for the balls to let loose (oh goodness that just sounds wrong!!!!)

enjoy man.. here is my 98 custom...
horrible picture i know...

end game compression barrel
response trigger
cyclone feeder
x7 low profile hopper
i now have hpa instead of co2....

Posted Image
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#5 User is offline   bigsal39 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:23 AM

View PostTeleFragger, on Mar 23 2010, 09:54 PM, said:

either way the 98 is the easiest to maintain.. keep her oiled up and that is about it.....

also one thing you can do from start.. is to get to know your marker.. open her up (be careful of the springs that will shoot out and figure out where everything goes...
basically creating less friction inside for the balls to let loose (oh goodness that just sounds wrong!!!!)

response trigger
cyclone feeder
x7 low profile hopper

Posted Image

it is a 98 custom. thanks for the help everyone, and where do i put the oil again?

#6 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

View Postbigsal39, on Mar 24 2010, 06:23 AM, said:

View PostTeleFragger, on Mar 23 2010, 09:54 PM, said:

response trigger
cyclone feeder
x7 low profile hopper

Posted Image

it is a 98 custom. thanks for the help everyone, and where do i put the oil again?

i put it on the striking hammer...
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#7 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:25 PM

I have a couple different methods. Keep in mind I tinker with my gear and do things just because I can.

If my 98s have been sitting with no use since I cleaned them last, I will just put a couple drops of Gold Cup marker oil into the ASA or remote nipple and dry fire them a few times. That lubes the valve internals and on two of them it oils the Palmer's regulator.

When I have to tear my markers down to clean them I have a nice method that works for me. I use a mix of Dow 33 and Gold Cup. I put a thin film of Dow 33 on all the moving parts. I follow that with a drop or two of Gold Cup and smear up the goop. I do the same to the rear of the receiver halves where the hammer travels. Once everything is cleaned, lubed, and re-assembled I put a drop of oil in the ASA and dry fire.

One thing to note is that when you are turned into a smurf, human pumpkin, walking pile of Elmer's glue, Slimer, etc. it is best to clean the marker that day. My one exception is when I am at a two day event. I will wait until Monday because I do not want to tear down my markers when there are plenty of targets for me to shoot at.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users