Special Ops Paintball: Hybrid??? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hybrid??? Mech. / Eletro. Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Hybrid??? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Is it worth it?

1. Go for it! (8 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Buy an electro. (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Long Wood 

• Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BOB LONG

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

Before I start, I have no idea if this will work...with that out of the way, letís continue.
I have a triumph it is a good gun works fine, I was wondering if I could make a hybrid half electro, half mech.
For this I must know a few things #1 what is the rate at which a triumph can fire and not botch up.
Also, will the pressure change from the CO2 screw up the electronics?

Please let me know what you think, thanks-LW

#2 User is offline   brymokidwonder 

• EPIC FAIL<3
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

i have no idea the internals of a triumph but im here for moral support. i say go for it just because i have never seen it and would like too. but if you plan on using it as a main gun. i would just go ahead and buy an electro.

#3 User is offline   Long Wood 

• PipPip

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

like a 98 just plastic and has an expantion chamber built in.

#4 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:07 PM

I don't entirely get what you mean by half mech, half elector... explain?
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#5 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

with a tippy, unless you get the 98 ebolt kit, the best you can do is a sear tripping electric grip unless you are a serious modder and can do an ebolt on your own like Gatorade (modder on UMS, cost him tons of cash) did. It wouldn't be a hybrid like an E-Mag. Just an electric sear tripper. E-mags can be hybrid in that the electronics control the firing but the trigger still controls the cycling mechanically. Tippys don't do that, the firing is just controlled by the sear (electric or mech), everything else just happens, no timing on a trigger involved
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#6 User is offline   FlamingoChavez 

• (insert title here)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rooster45

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:47 AM

View PostLegato, on Jan 11 2009, 12:14 AM, said:

with a tippy, unless you get the 98 ebolt kit, the best you can do is a sear tripping electric grip unless you are a serious modder and can do an ebolt on your own like Gatorade (modder on UMS, cost him tons of cash) did. It wouldn't be a hybrid like an E-Mag. Just an electric sear tripper. E-mags can be hybrid in that the electronics control the firing but the trigger still controls the cycling mechanically. Tippys don't do that, the firing is just controlled by the sear (electric or mech), everything else just happens, no timing on a trigger involved

I thought an E-Mag was a sear tripper as well. There is a big solenoid in the grip frame that articulates the E-Mag's sear. It doesn't operate a solenoid that pneumatically operates the marker (like most electros do).

I don't have any idea what the OP means by "Hybrid" because short of a rail gun like operation, there is still an awful lot of mechanical operation, even in a spool valve marker.

#7 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:13 AM

E-Mags are still sear trippers, you're right. But they have a selector switch that basically shifts the sear so that the trigger rod either can or can't reach out of the frame far enough for the trigger to push against it. So if you turn off the electronics and turn the switch to "M", it fires just like any normal mechanical Automag. If you turn the electronics on and flip the selector to "E", the Hall Effect Sensor is active and the trigger no longer physically acts on the sear. But it's also possible to turn the switch to "M" with the electronics on... which gives you a very interesting effect. "Hybrid mode." The pull is like an electro and the return is like a Mag (probably with an RT valve like most E-Mags use)... that means some very, very fast semi auto,

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#8 User is offline   Long Wood 

• PipPip

Post icon  Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

Thanks guys for the info, with all this considered i believe that it is unfeasible. In the end the inly part of the gun that i would have left that even remotely resembles the original gun is the reciever halfs.

altho the pole is a draw, the idea remains fresh in my mind and some day i might make one, thanks for your input.-LW

#9 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:12 PM

There's no mech only option...

#10 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:00 PM

View PostLong Wood, on Jan 17 2009, 12:37 AM, said:

Thanks guys for the info, with all this considered i believe that it is unfeasible. In the end the inly part of the gun that i would have left that even remotely resembles the original gun is the reciever halfs.

altho the pole is a draw, the idea remains fresh in my mind and some day i might make one, thanks for your input.-LW

Well you can make a sleeve for a spool valve and stuff that inside of it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users