Special Ops Paintball: My Take on the SAR12 Bolt Action "Sniper" Marker - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My Take on the SAR12 Bolt Action "Sniper" Marker This is not a hands-on review, merely opinion based on what I can see Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sniper Cowboy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Christian Cowboy

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

I haven't seen any threads concerning this marker in here yet, and seeing as how it's pretty quiet in here, lets open this one up. :rolleyes:

If you haven't seen or heard about this marker yet, this is as good a place as any to start

Now for my take on this interesting marker.

I won't buy it. That's putting it as bluntly as I can. To me, it's not a good value marker... to me. Someone else would find it a good value marker, but I'm not someone else. I like the marker, it seems solidly built and has some concepts I like and am attracted to, but it's not worth $999 to me. Why? Allow me to elaborate...

What I like about this marker is the solid construction, the concern for detail on the ergonomics, and just how cool it looks and how fun (I think) it would be to play with a bolt action marker. What I don't like is the bolt handle and the price tag that comes with it, and what is essentially a six round magazine. First, when I watch him playing with the bolt handle on the marker, what I notice is how it just... flops around in the housing like a chime in the wind (exaggeration, but you get my point). I understand that this isn't an actual rifle and that it doesn't require the bolt to lock in there solidly, but the whole point of the bolt action is the milsim aspect in the first place, and I'm not going to pay $1000 for a milsim gun that doesn't even lock the bolt in when I could have a really good bolt action FIREARM for $75o. Second, the "12" round magazine is really a six round magazine, because you have to take it out of the housing and flip it to use all twelve rounds. Sure, you might shave a couple seconds when in comparison to pulling out another magazine from your vest, but not much. I guess that point is really more of a nitpick, but at $1000 dollars for this gun, I'll nitpick all I want.
All that being said, I still like the marker, but not enough to drop a grand on it, especially when I could have essentially the same thing in a Tac 9 for $400, minus the bolt action of course. But, since when was cool packaging and a bolt action worth an additional $600? Not in my head,it ain't.
"Go get my flamethrower." Doc of the Whiteboard Webcomic

#2 User is offline   redthirst 

• AVOID THE NOID!
  • PipPip
  • Location:The South <-- this used to be more specific... but then somebody snitched on me.
  • Brigade Name:WrightPower

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

It can't do anything my 9.1 doesn't already do cheaper, lighter, smaller, and faster (or as fast depending on whether you're using the semi bolt).

I imagine it'll do very well since a lot of people want a bad-ass looking sniper rifle... it's just not for me.

Also, those mags may hold twice as much, but they're freakin' huge! You'd need a backpack to carry extras around on the field.
Masters of awesome whom I don't BOINK with: Montresor, long_baller, JerseyPaint, Deschaine, brokepballer, Frontier Bill, Bookworm, TREE FITTY (he's a zombie), THIS COULD BE YOU!

#3 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

One, Sonny Lopez is not allow to shave his goatee/beard off, ever. I didn't recognize him haha.

Two, this is for the hardcore Mil-Simmers that don't think the Tiberius guns look close enough. Before, they've only had Rap4 and Milsig for their mag-fed stuff (Or ATS if they're not worried about looks). But none of those are really sniper rifles. This fits a very niche market. You won't see many of these around, no, but the ones you do will be effective. Those mags look about the size of a Barrett's, maybe a little smaller. But someone shooting this probably won't be shooting more than 5 magazines a round.

Also, always good to see Traci haha

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#4 User is offline   Sniper Cowboy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Christian Cowboy

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

Pirate, on 19 April 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

One, Sonny Lopez is not allow to shave his goatee/beard off, ever. I didn't recognize him haha.

Two, this is for the hardcore Mil-Simmers that don't think the Tiberius guns look close enough. Before, they've only had Rap4 and Milsig for their mag-fed stuff (Or ATS if they're not worried about looks). But none of those are really sniper rifles. This fits a very niche market. You won't see many of these around, no, but the ones you do will be effective. Those mags look about the size of a Barrett's, maybe a little smaller. But someone shooting this probably won't be shooting more than 5 magazines a round.

Also, always good to see Traci haha

You are absolutely right. This gun is built for the HK MILSIM folks. So, I guess if I was HK about milsim, I would buy this gun, because it looks hot, and is built tough (from what I can see). But, I'm about performance and value, not pure milsim.
"Go get my flamethrower." Doc of the Whiteboard Webcomic

#5 User is offline   scphantom9195 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scphantom9195

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:10 AM

Looks interesting. Not sure I would pay that much for one though.
"Only the strong survive. The weak are killed and eaten as fingerfood." SDI SSgt Patterson, USMC, Platoon 1077[/b]
My feedback http://forum.special...=1

www.okcompanypaintball.com

#6 User is offline   mariashawn 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

thanks for sharing this,... :)
Pass Any Exams with cert killer

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic