• You cannot reply to this topic

a tip for newbies Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   G36C 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:G36C

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:51 PM

i now theres lots of tips on here for new players. but heres one for first time gun owners. learn to use the iron sights (the ones attached to the gun) on your gun if it has them ie the tippmann guns all have them. learn to use these first, r learn to sight down the barrel. you get a red dot or scope right away and you only learn to shoot with those your screwed if you r at the field and it breaks or the battery dies and you dont have a back up battery.

This post has been edited by G36C: 01 June 2008 - 12:53 PM

A5 I Opsgear SAW Shroud I Opsgear SAW Drum Mag I Opsgear SAW Stock I Opsgear 16" M4 Barrel I APE v2.0 Egrip I Techted Cyclone I Polished Internals I X7 Hopper I Tasco 30mm Red Dot I Palmers A5 Stabilizer I Tiberius Arms Fore Grip I

#2 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:53 PM

how about just learn to aim down the barrel, its more natural, and accurate
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   G36C 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

its in there
A5 I Opsgear SAW Shroud I Opsgear SAW Drum Mag I Opsgear SAW Stock I Opsgear 16" M4 Barrel I APE v2.0 Egrip I Techted Cyclone I Polished Internals I X7 Hopper I Tasco 30mm Red Dot I Palmers A5 Stabilizer I Tiberius Arms Fore Grip I

#4 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 01 June 2008 - 01:02 PM

ah, yes just noticed it..sorry :P
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

But, What If They Came At You With A Pointed Stick?

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   G36C 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:10 PM

my guess would be to step outta the way lol

#7 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:35 PM

umm, whats the point of this thread? If your trying for a sticky, i suggest adding more info and learn some punctuation son.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#8 User is offline   G36C 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:51 AM

whats the point of any thread here just given the newbies a little info. if i was tryin for a sticky i probably would have wrote somthing down.

#9 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:55 PM

I know you are really trying to help, but I got a headache trying to read that. it is full of spelling errors and tends to meander around the point.

try something like this:

kids before you go out and buy that fancy new red dot scope, or reflex sight, be sure and learn how to aim without one as sometimes they fail due to batteries or falling out of alignment with your barrel.

it doesn't matter if you are imparting the greatest piece of wisdom to someone, if its not short sweet and to the point, people tend not to get it. Thats why Confusious is hailed as the wise-man he is today.
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#10 User is offline   Woodbender 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woodbender

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:26 PM

View PostGalihad, on Jun 2 2008, 04:55 PM, said:

I know you are really trying to help, but I got a headache trying to read that. it is full of spelling errors and tends to meander around the point.

try something like this:

kids before you go out and buy that fancy new red dot scope, or reflex sight, be sure and learn how to aim without one as sometimes they fail due to batteries or falling out of alignment with your barrel.

it doesn't matter if you are imparting the greatest piece of wisdom to someone, if its not short sweet and to the point, people tend not to get it. Thats why Confusious is hailed as the wise-man he is today.

Better check your punctuation and capitalization. :sleep:

Try something like this:

Kids, before you go out and buy that fancy new red dot scope[no comma] or reflex sight, be sure to learn how to aim without one as sometimes they fail due to batteries or falling out of alignment with your barrel.

It doesn't matter if you are imparting the greatest piece of wisdom to someone, if it's not short, sweet and to the point, people tend not to get it. That's why Confucius is hailed today as a wise [no hyphen] man.

Now it is time for me to put in my two cents in regard to the original post. I lacked the benefit of a sight for my first two days of paintball. I never hit anyone except at point-blank range either. For the third outing I used a BSA red-dot and made numerous eliminations. Since that game, I never played without a red-dot until last month. I was using a stock-class autococker and did not have a chance to purchase and install a sight so I just played without one. My shooting was still very accurate (several people at that field call me "sniper" even though I never mention the word). I believe that a red-dot does train a shooter to shoulder the gun properly and helps one to develop a steady aim. I will be putting a sight on my autococker soon even though I can play well without it. Visual feedback is nice and I like to squeeze every bit of accuracy possible out of my markers.

This post has been edited by Woodbender: 02 June 2008 - 07:28 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users