Special Ops Paintball: Shooting fast with co2 - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shooting fast with co2 Will a remote line help? I think my cocker's a post 2k Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PhantomWookie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

I didn't originally plan on doing this, but I heard a remote line could supposedly make it safe to do so. I have nitro, but when using a remote, a small 9 co2 tank offers more comfort and agility.

Now my cocker is post 2k I think (hinge frame, black right feed body) and I heard they don't agree with co2 as much as the pre 2k type. I know most of you will recommend an anti siphon tank (if using co2 at all is ok with my marker), but if I'm sticking to 5 shot max bursts could I get by? Or is that just silly.

#2 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:32 PM

Get a Palmers fatty stab. Or a Palmers valve. Easiest and only surefire way to make sure you dont screw up your cocker.

#3 User is offline   PhantomWookie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:42 PM

View PostMighty Mike, on Aug 7 2009, 12:32 AM, said:

Get a Palmers fatty stab. Or a Palmers valve. Easiest and only surefire way to make sure you dont screw up your cocker.

OK thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:56 PM

If you intend on using it semi, invest in a PPS stabilizer, preferably non fatty, or at least a PPS rock low pressure regulator. Reason being...Stabs are made to eat raw co2. They have an over pressure blowoff release so should liquid hit the stab, it can vent it out and prevent a line blowout down stream. Fattys dont have this. They are made for HPA only. Yes you can use Co2 on them, but they are built for HPA. Normal stabs are longer then fattys due to having the blowoff vent and a small area for the Co2 to expand.

If you don't wnat to invest into a stab. Then at least buy a PPS Rock LPR. DO NOT get a micro rock. Same reason as above. Micro rocks are HPA only, no blow off release. Rocks, though 2x longer, do have the over pressure relief. So if liquid hits it, it will vent before ruining all the orings in your 3 way and ram.

That is the best way to Co2 proof your cocker. PPS products love co2. Just make sure you get the right ones.

ANd yes, you can use a remote to let the Co2 expand a bit. But make sure the tank is mounted vertically, or else it is useless as a expansion chamber. But truthfully, the PPS stuff will serve you better and require no stupid coil to tie you down.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#5 User is offline   PhantomWookie 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:38 PM

View PostLegato, on Aug 8 2009, 12:56 AM, said:

If you intend on using it semi, invest in a PPS stabilizer, preferably non fatty, or at least a PPS rock low pressure regulator. Reason being...Stabs are made to eat raw co2. They have an over pressure blowoff release so should liquid hit the stab, it can vent it out and prevent a line blowout down stream. Fattys dont have this. They are made for HPA only. Yes you can use Co2 on them, but they are built for HPA. Normal stabs are longer then fattys due to having the blowoff vent and a small area for the Co2 to expand.

If you don't wnat to invest into a stab. Then at least buy a PPS Rock LPR. DO NOT get a micro rock. Same reason as above. Micro rocks are HPA only, no blow off release. Rocks, though 2x longer, do have the over pressure relief. So if liquid hits it, it will vent before ruining all the orings in your 3 way and ram.

That is the best way to Co2 proof your cocker. PPS products love co2. Just make sure you get the right ones.

ANd yes, you can use a remote to let the Co2 expand a bit. But make sure the tank is mounted vertically, or else it is useless as a expansion chamber. But truthfully, the PPS stuff will serve you better and require no stupid coil to tie you down.

Super informative. I'm not thrilled about using a coil, but I found that if I replaced the tank with a lighter and tighter stock it's so much easier to keep my sights level while moving fast. And there's some things you can do with a 9oz strapped to you that you can't with a bulkier....well, I guess I could try those super small 22 or 13 ci tanks.

#6 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:39 AM

DOH! I completely forgot the differences between fatty and regular stab.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users