• This topic is locked

FedEx Blows

#1 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:59 PM

Fedex Blows. My experience.

I needed to get a package to someone by Friday. It was Tuesday night. Out of all the companies I tried (USPS, UPS, & FEDEX), Fedex had the cheapest price guaranteed to get their by Friday. So I do it.

The next week I get an email saying,

Please be advised of the rate changes to your shipment 794052033860 dated 27-Oct-2010. FedEx has reviewed this shipment for correct pieces, weight, and service. Any changes made are reflected in the invoice amount.

The final rated amount of your shipment is $30.29 compared to the original rate quote of $20.52. Please consult the applicable FedEx Service Guide for details.

Sincerely, FedEx Billing Online

Woah woah woah. What??? So I call up fedex, and after talking with multiple people, I finally get someone who knows what to do :facepalm:

She tells me,

Well sir, you forgot to take into effect the following: Fuel charge, surcharge rate, and residential delivery.

My response. (Not these exact words though)

How was I supposed to know about those costs. For one, online I had residential delivery selected, so why did I get charged more for that. And two, you are trying to tell me the fedex truck had to go out of his way just for my package.

Here is what she tells me:

Well sir, I don't know who you were talking to, but you should have been responsible for asking the representitive if there would have been additional charges applied.

On a side note, how would he even know though???

I just talked back saying, "alright whatever, thanks."

Her response: "Sorry for the inconvenience, but please use fedex next time you need to ship something"

It's like, what??? Really? Why would I. That is when I hung up.

I will NOT be using fedex again. :tdn: :tdn: :tdn:

#2 User is offline   ninjasofpaintball 

• Phoenix Burn. Represent!
  • PipPip

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

Sorry dude. Heres an imaginary 10 dollars.
Check us out on youtube! Click Here!

#3 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

UPS makes me more angry - they give you 3 tries to answer the door then they send it BACK to where you ordered it from. They, for some reason, feel its a good idea to come back the SAME time every day they try, usually at 1pmish ... when most people work.

Last time I got stuff from them I had to stay home from University to make sure they didn't ship it back to the States.
:dry:
And they are one of those companies that tack on charges for doing customs for the government...though they are already being compensated for it....

#4 User is offline   Mehphisto 

• JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

UPS always delivers right at 3, when I'm not home from school yet and my mom is gone to pick up my younger siblings. Luckily our delivery man is usually lazy and just hides it behind a plant or puts it in our mailbox.
Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

ELITESPORTS OT
The only original OT team

#5 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

Though I do remember Purolator once...

They had a snow removal guy shoveling snow with a bobcat off my circular street, and I was going to leave for school. He kindly stopped and let me by. As I went by, I saw the Purolator truck turn into my street.

It TURNED around and went back the way it came, citing an impassable road...my mom watched it from the window bailing as I drove by...

#6 User is offline   blacksnake2675 

• SEAZ Paintball
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Caboose

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

Yeah im with you on not using Fedex..Once it took them 2 weeks to get a package across the state and another time they delivered my gear to another town 30 miles away..at a firehouse...
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:17 AM

United States Postal Service. Only way I ship things, and if I have a choice, only way I get things shipped to me.

F UPS and FedEx. Never really dealt with DHL, though never had an issue with them the few times I did.

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#8 User is offline   Sweord 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:31 PM

UPS actually is pretty good for my family. If our usual guy delivers, he knows us so well that he never rings the doorbell (we have dogs, so doorbell = barking :laugh: ) and just leaves it there if we're home or not. He's cool. :)

#9 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:58 AM

View PostSweord, on 17 November 2010 - 02:31 PM, said:

UPS actually is pretty good for my family. If our usual guy delivers, he knows us so well that he never rings the doorbell (we have dogs, so doorbell = barking :laugh: ) and just leaves it there if we're home or not. He's cool. :)

same here, our guy is an oddball for sure, but he's always on time and usually just leaves things (if the weather is good) right on our porch behind this little bush so no one can see it from outside the house but we can see the package as soon as we look out our giant porch window.

good guy, brings dog treats for dogs too sometime :laugh:
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#10 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:25 AM

FedEx has also burned our family in the past with time sensitive materials.
We no longer use them.

I used DHL, but that is no longer an option here. They were fine.

UPS has been hit or miss. I have a deal with our driver not to leave stuff on our doorstep since it is visible from the street. But UPS has never lost anything. I can not say the same for FedEx.

I too use the USPS when I can. If you insure a package and use tracking it tends to be very reliable.

#11 User is offline   JerseyPaint 

• Jersey Fresh.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JerseyPaint

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:47 PM

USPS lost my $280 check. :dry:

This post has been edited by JerseyPaint: 24 November 2010 - 09:47 PM

Are you agitating my dots? 10%
RIP HEMP/HEMD/PbF

#12 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:06 PM

A check...should have beed certified and insured. They tend not to loose anything they might have to replace!

#13 User is offline   ninja monkey 

• Team: Shadow Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:M00K

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:30 AM

ok, did you do this online and print out a shipping list? if so, then you might have been wrong on your part. wither it be the size or the weight. Now if you were to send it from a fedex dealer/ instore, than it would be there fault and they would have to pay. I know this as i talked to my old boss that has a fedex drop off/ shipping area at his work(he does all the paper work and is a cert. fedex shipper) From my exp, i have never had any trouble what so ever. If you did go into the store and they are still charging you fees, i would contact the better business bureau and make a claim.

This post has been edited by ninja monkey: 08 December 2010 - 11:31 AM

#14 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

Well, I hate FedEx now. My Droid2 has been messing up (got dropped or something). Well it was still under warranty, so I go in and talk to the (hottie) girl at the store. She orders me a new one and says it should be there the next day. Well, a week later it hadn't shown up so I go back in and talk to her. Turns out that it needed a signature for delivery. Okay, the front office is supposed to deal with that (since they deal with the mail). So I go down and talk to the front office. They said there hasn't been a FedEx guy around since Thanksgiving. So I go to my friend who works with campus security and we pull up the security footage from when it was supposed to be delivered.

Because there wasn't anyone at the front office window, the FedEx guy just walked up, looked, and walked off. He completely ignored the big sign on the door that reads 'Open. Please Come Inside.'

So now it's getting sent to my house and I won't get it until Dec 16th or 17th -.- Wooo! Another week without a reliable phone...

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#15 User is offline   Crossbones 

• Mercenary /Expendible Crew Member
  • Pip

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:15 AM

I have to agree... although I've had better luck with FedEx than UPS. I'll get things shipped via USPS who then hand them over to Canada Post. I takes time but at least I get my order at my intended destination and don't have to drive for an hour to get it.
If you're not part of the solution, there's good money to be made being part of the problem

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users