Special Ops Paintball: Giant Big Game XX - Join the forum members unit - Special Ops Paintball

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Giant Big Game XX - Join the forum members unit May 1st, 2011 Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:23 AM

Well in Sadness I dont think Im making this game anymore, unless the metal on metal grinding sound in my truck is worth youthinasing it.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#32 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

View PostThalion, on 15 March 2011 - 07:27 AM, said:

Alright, the official announcement can go out.

Jake of the Pointblank Minutemen will be leading the MWA to victory at GBG XX. The Pointblank Minutemen are one of several field-sponsored teams.

Jake is a long-time veteran of the GBG game, but a first time general. We have the home field advantage over Neil (who has greater personal leadership experience), and Jake will not be out there alone. He will have multiple former GBG generals, myself included, providing him insight and advice before and during the game.

What does this mean? I get to run with you guys and shoot up people too :D

Are they still offering MWA patches for purchase? I want two :(

#33 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

Pretty sure they will be. I'll check with Darrin to be sure though.

Worst case if they aren't is I'll see what I can do and go look for any leftovers from the previous two years.

This post has been edited by Thalion: 15 March 2011 - 01:24 PM

Member of Team Akkadian

#34 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

Update:

The team patches will be available at check-in.
Member of Team Akkadian

#35 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chl2onic

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:04 AM

Omg, I can't wait.. thalion, just make sure our general spends our money at the end this year, that killed us last year. I'm glad they got team patches again, all of my friends want one, and I asked Darrin last fall if he'd dig a few up for me.

Another thing I am excited about if the side switch. This is going to make things interesting. Being as I'm going to know more people who are closer to the Genreal this year, I hope I can assist in more operations.. Last year I helped a mash unit, but a enemy chopper wasted us fast. Last spring I was assisting the oil can to the landing pad, and there had to be 80 blue guys at that pad.. in both towers in the woods, in urban... We pushed and pushed until we had a good sight on the pad, but we got sliced up trying to get it there... Even though we lost, these were some of the most fun times I had out there, being in part of the true mission. If I get lost from the group I usually take a few bases, and pick off 25 or so guys, but that's just not as fun..

lol it's 3 am, I just got home, and I get sucked into paintball talk. LOL

#36 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:46 AM

Just to point out, spending money != victory. I spent surprisingly little in the 2009 game, and we had one of the largest point spreads in gbg history.

It's knowing how and when to utilize it.

That said, several of us will be there to assist the general as needed. I just had to get back out in the action again.
Member of Team Akkadian

#37 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:31 AM

Yeah, win or lose I love gbg, and I make it the best day possible, but when I heard we had something like 145k at the end of the battle, and it was close.. I was confused as to why we didn't just call in like 4 choppers or air strikes at the end, or 5 tanks to take the blue base.. It is what it is though.

#38 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:18 AM

Actually... I left early last year.

:o

Massive gear failure (had nothing that worked by 2:30ish) :( and seeing the really awful mud forming I decided it was time to evacuate around 3:30 or so before getting stuck (or getting stuck because others got stuck)

That said, I plan on staying til the end regardless of what Mother Nature and Murphy throw at us this year.
Member of Team Akkadian

#39 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

Any updates on good local restaurants? :P

#40 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

I haven't been over that way yet. It is like an hour's drive for me one way :P

I was going to add that to my list first game of the season I get over there, which should be either end of March or early April.

This post has been edited by Thalion: 16 March 2011 - 03:16 PM

Member of Team Akkadian

#41 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:54 AM

Man I wish I would have met up with you Thailon.. I always bring extras just for that reason.. GBG is way too huge of an event to walk away from gear failure.. I've borrowed markers fo people who were packing up, just to keep them there. I hate to see a young kid pack his non working stuff in the car at noon after dropping 100 bucks on the day.. Last year my tippmann was on the fritz though, and I ended up using a spyder half the day, and a p68 the rest.. you could have rocked my spyder. This year I'll be bringing my a-5, my tm-15 and my brass.. there squid vision from a5og is bringing like 5 markers, because I asked him to (he does some great one of a kind mods, and I want to shoulder some of his work) I'm sure he'd be willing to let someone use one of his markers. No matter what if you're trustworthy to the forum members, you'll have a marker to fire there this year. As far as food goes, we just usually eat burgers at the event, they are slightly spendy, but they are good, and hot at noon.. Otherwise I advise bringing a small grill and cooking yourself. We will have a campsite a few miles away with some food, and you guys are welcome to come eat with us after the event, just let us know so we can buy extra food.

#42 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:20 AM

View Postchl2onic, on 17 March 2011 - 11:54 AM, said:

Man I wish I would have met up with you Thailon.. I always bring extras just for that reason..

The funny thing is, so do I. I actually ran through them in sequence.

No matter what if you're trustworthy to the forum members, you'll have a marker to fire there this year.

Thanks, though I really hope I won't need it. I'm bringing more than last year :P

Remember the MWA tank? She met an unfortunate end.

Some day I may get to revive her in a new chassis, but that means I had a quadzilla to work with in the meantime. I still have all the parts for putting her back together someday, but that means I now have 4 bone stock A5s for loaners/backups on top of my multiple personal markers from before.

Yeah, I better not go through that many guns.
Member of Team Akkadian

#43 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:44 AM

Just over a month left :D :D :D

#44 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:11 AM

The rules committee is finalizing out a few details, but you can reasonably expect the final set of rules coming soon.

Looking forward to this :D
Member of Team Akkadian

#45 User is offline   chl2onic 

• Bargain Addict
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:35 AM

Yeah I gotta spent some time going over the rules, I know the basics, but I'd hate looking like a noob on something simple, like starting in the red base after halftime, or shooting at a chopper. I personally haven't had any issues, but I have boughten friends who said they read the rules on the way there, then asked a million questions during the game because they didn't really read the rules. Can't wait until gbg, it'll probably be the first good game of the year for me. Ready to meet a bunch of guys, and have a good time, and shoot some great markers.. One thing, my friends and I will be camping a few miles away. Some of you mentioned what to eat, someone could bring a mini grill (I have a white gas one, but I wouldn't recommend it for meat) and everyone whos in our group could just bring your own hot dogs or something.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users