Special Ops Paintball: Home brew Paint fill? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Home brew Paint fill? Alright you paint brewers, need some help here...

#1 Guest_SWATORNOT_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:45 PM

Well, I recently purchase myself a couple of landmines here. They are the P.C. Eliminators that I purchased used on the forums, but Here are the new ones at SpecOps store.

Now I am familiar with landmines and that fun stuff, but not the home brew paint fill that people use now days to keep costs down when using these fun little tools :P

I am wondering what some of you are using to make your own paint fill for mines. I have read a few options, most of which are a bit "vague" on the mixing process and how many parts paint-water or w/e else...

I thought about just getting some bottles of "X" color paint from like Hobby-Lobby and watering it down (Of course making sure its washable, I am mean, but not mean enough to stain people's BDUs).

The problem is I would like the paint to have a bit of "thickness" to it without being easily wiped off by the victim (of course with that much paint, I don't think they could wipe off that much paint).

Help a new guy out here fellas, give me some "brew" tips for making my own paint fill, specifically what to use, how many parts of "X" item and so on...

SWATORNOT :ph34r:

#2 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

I don't have much experience to speak of, so don't get carried away by what I'm about to say here. But the one landmine paint-mix that I made consisted primarily of water and cooking oil. The ratio between the two depends on how thick you want it to be; cooking oil being the thicker part, obviously. The other two ingredients though, are food coloring, and egg yolk. The reason for this, is that oil and water really don't mix very well (that's shocking, I know). The egg yolk helps them mix. I want to call it an emulsifier, but I'm not sure if that's technically the correct term.

Anyway, that's what I've used, though it's certainly not ideal. The paint still separates over time, despite the egg yolk. The separation is slow enough though that shaking it well just before a game will keep it nice and even long enough.

I haven't been lucky enough to hit someone really good though, so I assume no responsibility for its washable-ness. :P

This post has been edited by Silent-7: 07 April 2006 - 09:54 PM

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   STONER 

• The Punisher
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE REAL PUNISHER

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:06 PM

I know your gonna be pissed that I respond to your topic like this but,

This isn't about Homebrew paint fill. Those PC. mines are all crap! I use M80TR's from Major paintball,
One of those PC's Blew into pieces when I tested it only the 2nd time. One of the pieces hit me.
It didn't hurt anyone, but I wouldn't buy those (Why the boink does Spec ops sell them??!??!!!)

Anyways, Somewhere on here, there is info on grenade fills and flamethrower fills that would work just
as well for mines, I think it's like fingerpaint and cornstarch and somethin else. Look for it
You know what they say about a man who packs a big gun? They don't say nothing!
SIC VIS PACEM PARABELLUM
Let em talk, cuz action is all that matters.
I'm the guy with the EGL-47! View My Special Ops Brigade Page
IPB Image

#4 Guest_SWATORNOT_*

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:38 PM

Thanks for your input on those Stoner, but for the price I paid for two of them I really don't care. If SpecOps sells them still then they must be working out for other people. I just bought these to add to the fun in my games.

Now whether they worked for you or not does not answer my question here, so why did you bother to post? I obviously searched the forum already for information on this (acutally searched off and on for most of the past week). I found very little helpful information for what I needed here, which is why I posted this in the first place...

Moving on...

Silent-
I dont know if I really like the idea of using egg yolk in the brew to be honest. I am looking for a quick and fairly inexpensive way to make my own paint fill really, and Eggs like Milk are something that are not as cheap as they once were, not to mention that has to be one nasty smell after sitting for a weekend or so...

At least you added some direction to this topic for me...

Anybody else have some added help for this?

#5 User is offline   Zamamee 

• something witty
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zamamee

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:12 PM

This isn't homebrewed, but the Venom powder mix is pretty cheap.

It's here on Spec. Ops, and I think it makes 32 oz, but I'm not 100% positive.

This post has been edited by Zamamee: 07 April 2006 - 11:17 PM

#6 Guest_SWATORNOT_*

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:01 AM

Yeah I saw that, really cheap and offers a fair amount of fills (think they said like 6 mines filled).

Only problem is you have to add on shipping with SpecOps and that adds up...

I was thinking a guy could get more fills (potentially) off a bottle of paint from a craft store or something possibly...

Thanks though man..

#7 User is offline   Fanky 

• You would say that, Walk-on Player...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fanky

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:43 PM

You could probably use some children's paint that's washable and water it down to whatever consistency you like. It's the grenade fill 98shooter has posted in a thread he did a while back on homemade grenades. Also, you could probably add the fill from some old paintballs if you wanted even more thickness.

#8 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:44 PM

i say just buy the mix its ur best bet

#9 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:48 PM

Water based paints (craft paints) , cooking oil (veg, peanut, what ever) and water

#10 Guest_SWATORNOT_*

Posted 08 April 2006 - 10:12 PM

View PostMaj Tom, on Apr 8 2006, 09:48 PM, said:

Water based paints (craft paints) , cooking oil (veg, peanut, what ever) and water

How many parts of each Maj?

I am sure I could just start mixing up random amounts, but I would rather have some direction from the beginning of this stuff.

It cant be too hard really, but I am looking for some experienced players with this stuff to help out, not only for my own purposes, but in case somebody else needs to know as well...

#11 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:53 AM

View PostSWATORNOT, on Apr 9 2006, 01:12 AM, said:

View PostMaj Tom, on Apr 8 2006, 09:48 PM, said:

How many parts of each Maj?

I am sure I could just start mixing up random amounts, but I would rather have some direction from the beginning of this stuff.

It cant be too hard really, but I am looking for some experienced players with this stuff to help out, not only for my own purposes, but in case somebody else needs to know as well...

2 parts water
1 part paint
1/6th part oil ( or until desired thickness is reached)

#12 User is offline   CONFIRMEDKILL 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CONFIRMEDKILL

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:32 PM

i have been making homemade paint grenades for a while and the thing i do is take old paintballs and soak them in some water for 10 minutes. take the paint water and heat on the stove at a low temp stirring constantly until most of the paint shell is dissolved. this stuff never solidifies so just stick it in an old water bottle and you can put it in mines or grenades

#13 User is offline   SHADOW_STALKER 

• Upgrade car! Now a '00 BMW 323i
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TexasMartin

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:11 PM

here is something i found on a website. ignore the part about the cannon

Paint
Paint as in lacking a shell type paint. After a full day of play ask the field owner if you can go wander around in the field/s looking for used paintballs. If he/she lets you go, then don't forget a bucket or something to carry it all back in. Once you have a large amount of used paintballs go home. Now that your at home and feel like messing around take that bucket of used paintballs and fill it with water so that the water is just higher than the paintballs (You don't want to use to much or it will be to watery). Let that stew for a few days and then grab a roll of toilet paper and something to stir with. A big wire whisk works great but you might end up pissing off your Wife/Girlfriend/Mommy, so go grab a stick. Stir that nasty looking broth you've made to make sure that all the shells are broken up. Now that roll of TP and start ripping it up into little chunks and adding it to the soup till it is almost chunky looking. To load your cannon, shove a Wad-C down to the bottom of your barrel. Now pour in some of that paint crap you just made (not to much). Last use another Wad-C to seal it all in there.
The range is limited on this type of shot but if you hit someone there is no way they are going to wipe and say no hit. Leave this till that last game of the day, because when you hit someone it will be hard to see more hits on that person. You can also load water in this way to get rig of those pesky things in your yard, Bird, Squirrel, Dog, Kid. All the annoyances.

This post has been edited by SHADOW_STALKER: 09 April 2006 - 06:12 PM

Come visit the PUMP MARKERS SECTION! SpecOps Pump Crew - PUC #7

American cars are built for crappy drivers, good drivers can have German ones - friend of mine

#14 User is offline   The Judge 

• Deranged Bystander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:A-5 Assassin

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:11 AM

I tried boiling down paintballs...let's just classify that as MYTH BUSTED. So far my favorite has been:
Step 1: Go to Wal-mart with $15.
Step 2: Buy 500 case of Wild Streak.
Step 3: Take home, and put paintballs in a large container.
Step 4: Shake violently.
Step 5: Drain paint, and catch in another container.
TAW Paintball: The best Scenario ball in the west! / Join Pumpers of America

The Sabre isn't "slashing and stabbing" so much as perpetually poking the enemy until they make a mistake. - Flakk

Sling mud and argue for my entertainment

#15 Guest_SWATORNOT_*

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:00 AM

View PostA-5 Assassin, on Apr 11 2006, 10:11 AM, said:

I tried boiling down paintballs...let's just classify that as MYTH BUSTED. So far my favorite has been:
Step 1: Go to Wal-mart with $15.
Step 2: Buy 500 case of Wild Streak.
Step 3: Take home, and put paintballs in a large container.
Step 4: Shake violently.
Step 5: Drain paint, and catch in another container.

LOL... Spend $15 on paint just to break it up for the fill? Sounds "ok" but not financially feasable really. I would be better off just ordering the paint mix from SpecOps...

I am looking into the craft paint stuff and making a mix off that stuff. I am hoping to hit Hobby Lobby today or tomorrow to see what colors/price that stuff is now days.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users