Well my wife was tired of getting thumpers so I bought her a JT Flex 8 full coverage mask. I was kind of disappointed in the camo pattern from the factory so I decided to pimp it out for her. The job was done using Krylon's ultra-flat Fusion camo from a rattle can. I used green, soft release Frog tape and an exacto knife for masking the vents and lens. First I prep'd all surfaces with a good 220 grit scuffing, soap and water wash and alcohol wipe. NOTE: dont use rubbing alcohol for prep work. Most have lubricants in them and will not help paint adhesion. Then I masked off the lens, straps and entire inside of the maks. I felt it was easier than removing everything as Im fairly handy with tape and razor. Next I sprayed the reverse fading on the vents. Then I masked them off and painted the main areas. The masking was by far the most tedious and difficult part. The Flex 8 has some very deep, sharp corners for masking tape. Lastly I tried to break up that "Oh so obvious" lens profile by making the top half olive and the bottom tan. Overall Im happy with the results. I really like the Fusion camo paint. It goes on good, dries really flat and seems to be pretty tough. We will have to see how it holds up during play.
Anyways, on to the pics! C&C welcome, please.
Ill definitely be doing another one of these in a different fashion soon. Something a little more theatrical though I think.
This post has been edited by Warwitch: 18 January 2009 - 02:36 PM