• You cannot reply to this topic

Longbow to Qbow Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SNIPA5 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SNIPA5

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:55 PM

I have an Smartparts Ion Longbow and converting it to the qbow, but specialops no longer sells the qbow attachments for the ion, and was wondering if anyone out there nows where i can find one, or if the have pics of just the normal qloader attached to the longbow with out the normal longbow feed.

#2 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:14 PM

Used is your only option. Sorry dude.

#3 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:40 PM

STOP PRESS: I have been able to add one QBow adaptor to the shopping cart, then if trying to add another I get the out of stock message, I've released it from my cart so I recommend if you want one you follow the link below or call the shop soon!

http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/blackc...loader-kit.html

You cannot directly fit a QLoader to the Longbow receiver, you need the QBow adaptor which is in the top left of the picture of the QBow adaptor kit.

Then you realy want the QBow mount in the bottom left of the picture of the QBow adaptor kit. You could easily make a mount as it is a block of metal, or just use the QLoaders own round fitting on the regulator.

It will be possible to manufacture your own QBow adaptor to fit into the Longbow receiver.

QBow mounted onto a Deadlywind bodykit:
Posted Image

QLoader on Deadlywind body with the standard fittings. Note how high the feed gets.
Posted Image

Note that mine is on a different body kit so I had to make some modifications.

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 27 December 2009 - 09:42 AM

#4 User is offline   SNIPA5 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SNIPA5

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:20 PM

View PostTommikka, on Dec 23 2009, 04:40 PM, said:

STOP PRESS: I have been able to add one QBow adaptor to the shopping cart, then if trying to add another I get the out of stock message, I've released it from my cart so I recommend if you want one you follow the link below or call the shop soon!

http://shop.specialopspaintball.com/blackc...loader-kit.html

You cannot directly fit a QLoader to the Longbow receiver, you need the QBow adaptor which is in the top left of the picture of the QBow adaptor kit.

Then you realy want the QBow mount in the bottom left of the picture of the QBow adaptor kit. You could easily make a mount as it is a block of metal, or just use the QLoaders own round fitting on the regulator.

It will be possible to manufacture your own QBow adaptor to fit into the Longbow receiver.

QBow mounted onto a Deadlywind bodykit:
Posted Image

QLoader on Deadlywind body with the standard fittings. Note how high the feed gets.
Posted Image

Note that mine is on a different body kit so I had to make some modifications.

Nope no longer carring it due to a company going out of business...which is some bull....thanks to spec ops they are screwing ppl

#5 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:24 PM

How is spec ops screwing people by no longer carrying a product?

Its a separate company first off...second off it doesnt make much sense that because a company stops making something to accuse them of screwing people over...im sure you can find one used or just mount the q-loader directly lots of people have done it im sure youll be able to figure it out.

You can also google image and see lots of different q loader configurations.

#6 User is offline   Mx_Wolf86 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:00 AM

Hey man! just to give you my point of view on the Qbow. I have the original Qbow with the AGD for almost 3 years now and I would not personally recommend it if you do not shoot more than 100 rounds in a game (assuming that you want to play in a sniper position which shoots a small amount of paintballs) I recently got tired of using it due to the weight add on and some troubleshooting with the qloader, well not some...A LOT! I believe that you have already done your HomeWork and read some nice things about it. Here are some "not so nice things":
*You add weight to your setup.....for a sniper , you have to go LIGHT!
*Qloader: If ball breaks in the pod or the feed hose; pretty much all your paintballs are going to get "dirty" and your accuracy is shot to hell.
*Loading: OMG!! I was usually the last person to get ready, because I had to load all the paintballs into he SILO, and then load them into the PODS. Oh yeah, and if your reload socket doesn't work you will be loading Pods with gaps, which in some cases, since the ball is FORCE FED, you might break a ball in the hose or inside your gun. To all this I started loading my pods hours early.
*Bear in mind that the website (qloader.com) still exists but there isn't much customer service to help you out!
*If you do not shoot through all your paint that was in your pods, depending on the quality, they will get deformed.

Well that was my personal experience, it doesn't mean you do not have to get it, you might as well try it out and see if that works for you.Don't get me wrong, The qloader is a really great product for some markers out there, just try it be for you buy it. Hope this helps you or anyone interested out there!

#7 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:51 AM

You can just put the Q loader feed hose into the normal longbow receiver. If it has the big black O ring on it, it should be fine. If you want you could use a little tape. Then you can just mount the Q loader to the reg.

also, loading Q pods is easier and faster if you get a cheap force feed loader instead of using the silo.

This post has been edited by -SMITTY-: 09 March 2010 - 08:53 AM

#8 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:15 PM

View PostMx_Wolf86, on Mar 9 2010, 03:00 PM, said:

*You add weight to your setup.....for a sniper , you have to go LIGHT!
*Qloader: If ball breaks in the pod or the feed hose; pretty much all your paintballs are going to get "dirty" and your accuracy is shot to hell.
*Loading: OMG!! I was usually the last person to get ready, because I had to load all the paintballs into he SILO, and then load them into the PODS. Oh yeah, and if your reload socket doesn't work you will be loading Pods with gaps, which in some cases, since the ball is FORCE FED, you might break a ball in the hose or inside your gun. To all this I started loading my pods hours early.
*Bear in mind that the website (qloader.com) still exists but there isn't much customer service to help you out!
*If you do not shoot through all your paint that was in your pods, depending on the quality, they will get deformed.

As you say the QLoader is very much a matter of personal preference, but a couple of comments:

Weight compared to a standard configuration could be an issue - particularly of the way it affects balance depending on layout. I don't consider QLoader to be exclusie to snipers. You can still carry a lot of paint, but it gets expensive to have multiple sets of QPods.

Loading can be conducted quickly with practice. If using the silo I would recommend having as long a tube as possible and hang it at a height maximising the amount of balls in the tube so you can watch the tube for gaps and shake to drop more balls in before the gap affects feeding. Even better is an agitated hopper (Even the silo with an agitator attached) No matter the feed method keep an eye on the tube for gaps while winding. Failing these I have even managed to hand feed faster than some people have filled standard hoppers. Part of this is discipline though as when you have 10 QPods at a big game you realise that refilling is one of the first things you should do when returning to the safe zone. (At a big game I would load one, carry 6 on webbing and load the remainder as spare in the safe zone - I then have the opportunity to run in and grab the extras in an emergency or reload teh empties)

To hand feed a QLoader attach the QPod to the winder and cup the feed in your left hand, put a handfull of paintballs in the plam of your left hand. Wind with your right hand and use your left hand fingers to ensure the paint funnels in without gaps. This was easy for me as I have large hands, but was done out of necessity when I had lent out all of the electric hoppers I had with me.

I have not experienced problems with a single gap in a QPod but there remains the risk of breaks, and this is dependant on how fragile the paint is. I would avoid fragile paint in QPods.

An unattached QPod does not put pressure on the paint as it is locked by ratchet. Only the QPod that is attached to the QReceiver is putting any pressure on the paint, but for a prolonged period the QPods should be emptied - I aim the feed hose into a bag and attach the QPods to empty at the end of the day if paint has not been fired.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users